+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Becki567 said:
NO :-( Thank you for asking. My husband's employer told him with regret they could not wait any longer and they hired someone for his position.

I thought once we saw decision made it would all be over and we could get on with our lives. I had no idea this could happen.
Aw Becki that sucks :( so sorry to hear that.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
We finally got the COPR!!! Orginally tried to deliver April 28 it says to a wrong address. The mail man out delivery notice in #151 and we are #131. Today we got a final notice about the letter from the post office! We are headed to the border Wednesday!

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
Becki567 said:
We finally got the COPR!!! Orginally tried to deliver April 28 it says to a wrong address. The mail man out delivery notice in #151 and we are #131. Today we got a final notice about the letter from the post office! We are headed to the border Wednesday!
Great news Becki, very happy for you! Good luck for Wednesday.

Applicant7

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-13
AOR Received.
19-12-13
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
29-08-13
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-14
LANDED..........
28-08-14
Becki567 said:
Congratulations!

OmNi2012

Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I noticed that London Visa Office is no longer sending automated reply (system generated) which says your query will be replied within 28 calender days ... or is it just me? I emailed London last month a few attachments of which I didn't receive their confirmation of receipt email (which is system generated). Anyone else experience the same thing?

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Becki567 said:

How did it go Becki ?

HolgerDanske

Feb 1, 2014
Hi all

I received an email where History from age 18 was requested on May 15, I replied the same day by email.

OmNi2012 said:
I noticed that London Visa Office is no longer sending automated reply (system generated) which says your query will be replied within 28 calender days ... or is it just me? I emailed London last month a few attachments of which I didn't receive their confirmation of receipt email (which is system generated). Anyone else experience the same thing?

I got a automated reply when i replied to London Visa Office email.

Have a nice day :)

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am back home after landing in Vancouver, getting my SIN, staying 3 weeks and now facing a very empty fridge. Someone- I forget who- asked me, before I left, to post a message in this thread to say how it all went. In my case the only problem was created by an Air Canada hostess who told me that my partner and I should complete the same customs form since we lived at the same UK address. Wrong advice, the outcome of which was that my partner had to attend the landing process with me so as not to deprive me of the form when I completed the landing process. Because I had anticipated some delay as a consequence of the landing process I had booked a seat on a later connecting flight than hers. I caught mine, she missed hers because of the delay caused by the landing process, there was no seat for her on my later flight so she had to kick her heels in the airport for an additional 2 hours and arrived exhausted. So if anyone is flying with a spouse or partner, dont listen to advice to share the same form! The landing experience was completely straightforward. Apart from waiting time, the process took only 5 minutes or thereabouts. All I was asked for was the COPR and my passport. The immigration officer could not have been nicer. After he had finished I asked where I had to go to hand over the customs forms I had ready to hand in. He said he would deal with them himself on behalf of customs, but he said that the items I was importing there and then were peanuts (or words to that effect) and that I had a year in which to hand in the goods imported later form. All in all an absolutely painless experience but one which left me wondering what on earth was the point of it! Getting the SIN a few days later was an equally painless experience. I thought at one time that since I am long since retired and have no intention of working in Canada I would not need a SIN but apparently everyone needs one in order to pay income tax! I think the only unpleasant experience in Canada was seeing my accountant and being told that the rent for our house in Canada, which has been let for the last 16 years, and has been declared in the UK where we have been living throughout that time, should have been declared in Canada and that we will have to make our peace with Canadian revenue. That means researching my records for the last 16 years.Life is never straightforward!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Wowers so you landed yeahhhhhhhhhhh never mind back to the rain and the empty fridge.You should have flown Klm can't stand Air Canada any more .Now get that house sold and come back. Did you get to do anymore on the house? So happy for you :)

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taffy7 said:
Wowers so you landed yeahhhhhhhhhhh never mind back to the rain and the empty fridge.You should have flown Klm can't stand Air Canada any more .Now get that house sold and come back. Did you get to do anymore on the house? So happy for you :)
Dear Taffy 7, As a Welsh woman you should know by now that it hardly ever rains in Wales, except of course when it is needed. I am afraid that the house in Wales is going to take a long long time to sell: the upturn in prices has not yet reached here. A bit disappointed about the Canadian house. First of all it was filthy as a result of 16 years letting and my partner is still there, cleaning after 3 weeks. My first thoughts were immediate demolition but she has worked wonders with all her scrubbing and washing and it is just livable in. I have learned that Canadians are paranoid about asbestos and that almost everything in an old house, including linoleum, is said to be riddled with it. Thank goodness we are both old: asbestosis takes years to develop and by that time we will both be long gone as a result of something else. Letting only to old tenants is a definite possibility! The Canadian architect we consulted was excellent but I was horrified at the cost of building. The value of the plot plus the demolition (special measures for asbestos!) and building costs equals the asking prices of some of the most expensive houses in the city. So I am wearing my thinking cap again. I am a bit out of touch after 3 weeks and do not know whether you have got your husband's application off yet; but I will do some reading to catch up with the news. Regards Wowsers.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Glad you was able to sort some stuff house .Oh Canadians are paranoid about asbestos and mold.I here you came back to a heat wave 8) .Sent hubbies application off as soon as i got back April 8th ,but sponsorship went from 28 days to 44 so still waiting. I think i have put on about half a stone while waiting.Hubby is getting his house ready for rent just in case he gets his P.R. and i am getting mine ready to sell just in case every thing goes the other direction .Long weekend here so decided to take it off. Market values are pretty slow at home right now,and the prices where your going to live are the most expensive in Canada.I couldn't afford a dogs house there lol. Any way take care my friend Taffy i have to finish knocking down the shower in the basement lol

james1121

Nov 8, 2012
I have just received my CORP in the post, It was a real surprise!

I now just need to start planning to move over.

How do I update the VO spreadsheet with the below?
Extra documents required: 17th April, Quebec CSQ
Decision made 6th May
CORP received in the post: 14th May.

Mrs.Purcy

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-14
Med's Done....
01-24-14
Hello please add me
App sent: May 6th 2014
App received: May 14 2014
AOR:
SA:
App transfer:
Medical already done

I'm Canadian and my husband is irish. Can anyone tell me what vo is Missisauaga look for in order to approve. Sponsorship? I don't have any criminal record or have been in trouble with the law. I have never been on welfare either. I'm just anxious I won't get approved for some reason

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
james1121 said:
I have just received my CORP in the post, It was a real surprise!

I now just need to start planning to move over.

How do I update the VO spreadsheet with the below?
Extra documents required: 17th April, Quebec CSQ
Decision made 6th May
CORP received in the post: 14th May.
Are you James Baxter on the Spreadsheet?

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
taffy7 said:
How did it go Becki ?
I forgot to update here: Was not the best experience but it is over with...

The border is about 6 hours but we knew with the kids it would take longer. We left at 9 am and arrived at the border just before 5. Flag poling was simple and took maybe 15 minutes. Americans were all super friendly and we arrived to the Canadian side at 5:15 to a totally different experience.

The lady was so so so rude. We went to carway border crossing. My husband had activated his second IEC visa there. I looked up hours and confirmed open 7 am - 11 pm. The lady was angry that we didn't land in Edmonton even though we explained it's a 6-8 week wait for an appointment. And she asked if we knew what time they closed and we said 11 and she said no immigration closes at 6. This was shocking because I missed seeing that on the website. So she made us wait until she could ask if we would even be allowed to land even though it was only 515. I looked at the website later and it said immigration closed at 615 until May 14. Beginning May 15 it's open to 11. So anyone doing a border crossing check immigration times. I did not know they could be different.
There literally was not one other person there and she took 20 minutes to decide if she would let us land. Finally she said okay and made us wait in the waiting room til just before 6.
It would have been such a disaster to drive 1-2 hours away for a hotel and then have to come back in the morning again.
She made him sign the COPR, stapled in passport and that was it. No welcome to canada, no handouts or brochures. Nothing.
Oh well, it's done. Hubby on the job hunt starting today and we have a few year to enjoy life before jumping into the citizenship stuff.