+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
shahrooz said:
Ohhhhhhhh...
Well thanks alot for your reply. Just one more thing to clear up. As my sponsor was approved on 18th February, 2013 and I got a letter from CIC that my file has been sent to London for further processing. after that it was updated on my application status on 31st July that London office has started working on it. So does that mean it took more than 5 months just to transfer the file to London??? and those 5 months are wasted because according to CIC they send the file in February. as you said that it takes longer to process the application for the visa exepmt cases.
I will try to reneew my visa because I have seend your timeline and most of the visa exempt cases are taking more than 12 months anyway :(
Thanks
The transfer of the physical file to London was probably very quick. You have just been waiting in the queue with your file sitting in a pile somewhere. Just like everyone else.

babydart

Apr 22, 2010
Hi
I was asked for forms update and pc ...they said it will take 4 month after they receive it ...did it tok that long in ur case

Thank u

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
shahrooz said:
Ohhhhhhhh...
Well thanks alot for your reply. Just one more thing to clear up. As my sponsor was approved on 18th February, 2013 and I got a letter from CIC that my file has been sent to London for further processing. after that it was updated on my application status on 31st July that London office has started working on it. So does that mean it took more than 5 months just to transfer the file to London??? and those 5 months are wasted because according to CIC they send the file in February. as you said that it takes longer to process the application for the visa exepmt cases.
I will try to reneew my visa because I have seend your timeline and most of the visa exempt cases are taking more than 12 months anyway :(
Thanks
the 10 months period starts when the sponsor has been approved, so February for you. After that, the file sits in London waiting for an officer to review it.
Good news is: they've started looking at your file already for quite a while. Nobody can tell you how long you still need to wait - so if you can extend your visa, it would save you a lot of complications later on.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Sufi2013 said:
Hey. How long does it take to receive copr in the uk after decision made?
Thanks in advance.
Between a few days and a couple of weeks. You will need to sign for the delivery.

CkMaddall

Sep 14, 2012
I have posted this in the "Visitor section" but thought I would resubmit here too as you seem to be a helpful lot, and imagine a few of you have been in the same situation as I... I hope this does not break any forum rules!

Hi all

I am currently filling out my visitor extension form (IMM 5708), and have a few questions - since the help page often says exactly what the instructions say!

1) It asks for my UCI, but the instructions say this is found on your study or work permit - since I am a visitor, do I just leave this blank?

3) Where it says "I am applying for one of more of the following" as a visitor extension, would I tick "extension of my temporary resident status"? there is not an option for visitors!

CONTACT INFO

5) Fax number - I do not have a fax, I assume it is ok to leave this blank?

COMING INTO CANADA

4) If applicable, provide the document number of the most recent Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit or Temporary Resident Permit issued to you - I do not have anything in my passport so am assuming this is not applicable to me - does anyone know otherwise?

DETAILS OF VISIT TO CANADA

2) Indicate how long you plan to stay - The form will not let me put anything prior to today's date, and I have been in Canada since June 2013. Furthermore, I plan to stay until my common-law PR application has been processed - so what should I put for my "To" date?!

4.1 and 4.2) Am I litterally just putting the names of two people I will visit? I have been here for 5 months, and must have met hundreds of people! I am just putting my CL partners parents (separate addresses as divorced), is this wise?

EMPLOYMENT

For the details of the last 10 years -

1) I am currently unemployed, as I am living in Canada and waiting for my CL PR App.

2 and 3) both fine, but only cover to 2011 - where do I put the details for the other 8 years?! Should this be in the "letter of explanation" section?

And some further questions - My passport stamp covers a visit up to 8th December 2013, am I right in thinking that as soon as I submit for an extension, I have "implied status" and can remain here, until I get a verdict?

Also, the application process ask for proof of a medical. I had one in London, which is attached to my CL PR application, but dont think I have further receipts - can I just give them my UCI number, or do I need an actual receipt?

Many thanks for anyone who can help!

CkMaddall

Sep 14, 2012
Agh! Just saw we are on "Decision Made"!!!! My visitor status expires in 20 days - will that be enough to do everything that is needed before then? Or should I still pay the $75 to extend my passport stamp?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
CkMaddall said:
Agh! Just saw we are on "Decision Made"!!!! My visitor status expires in 20 days - will that be enough to do everything that is needed before then? Or should I still pay the $75 to extend my passport stamp?
Hmm.. that's cutting it pretty close. Some people have see some delay in the COPR arriving in Canada from London. You might just squeak in, but it's possibly going to be tight. Are you intending to flagpole?

CkMaddall

Sep 14, 2012
Yes to flag poling- we are in Winnipeg so easy peasy. Just realised our Canada address is wrong, as was my partners mothers address when we were in the uk, and she has now moved out .... Arse!

What kind of delays in days? Do you know why! It feels so close but yet so far! Cheers for the help.CK

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hmm.. If you are chasing the COPR all over the countryside due to old address information, maybe you should try to extend. A few on here have been in your position recently, so maybe they can shed some light on the time taken.

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
CkMaddall said:
Yes to flag poling- we are in Winnipeg so easy peasy. Just realised our Canada address is wrong, as was my partners mothers address when we were in the uk, and she has now moved out .... Arse!

What kind of delays in days? Do you know why! It feels so close but yet so far! Cheers for the help.CK
If it were me in this circumstance, $75 is probably worth the hassle if anything does go wrong with the issuance of the COPR or the mail.

You can also just go and get your visitor's visa at the border now for no cost - when my partner's current visa expired we drove down to the border, showed them that our application was in process, and they issued a visitor's visa to bridge the gap.

CkMaddall

Sep 14, 2012
ghunter said:
If it were me in this circumstance, $75 is probably worth the hassle if anything does go wrong with the issuance of the COPR or the mail.

You can also just go and get your visitor's visa at the border now for no cost - when my partner's current visa expired we drove down to the border, showed them that our application was in process, and they issued a visitor's visa to bridge the gap.
Oh that is good news - Winnipeg is just 45 mins away from the boarder. $75 is money we do not have at the moment!

CkMaddall

Sep 14, 2012
Does anyone have a number for the London office? The mailing address on our file is for my gf's mothers old house - we cannot afford for the letter to be lost so hoping to have it changed before they mail it!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
CkMaddall said:
Does anyone have a number for the London office? The mailing address on our file is for my gf's mothers old house - we cannot afford for the letter to be lost so hoping to have it changed before they mail it!
They seem to make it very difficult to actually *speak* with anyone.

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=london and mention the word "URGENT" a lot.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
So I have finally LANDED!!

Just want to give a brief summary of our experience for future reference for other members of the forum.

Our COPR was sent to my old address, despite me updating mailing address 3 months ago via London and Ecas but that didn't matter, luckily it was still within my 3 months of royal mail redirection and was delivered to my parents house. It took about 10 days from official DM on COPR (23rd October) to the COPR being delivered. It then took an additional week for it to arrive in Canada from my parents house.

There were mistakes on the COPR they had my 7 year old down as Married and that her country of Residence was England, both wrong. I called CIC in canada and they advised to send the COPR back to London to be sorted. I really didn't want to do this as it would be delayed even more. I was given advice from another forum that the border officers could change the information as long as the name, dob and passport number were correct. So we decided to take the chance and go a day trip to Maine.

We went through the St Stephen Border. The USA officers were extremely nice and as UK citizen we were required to get out of the car and go inside to fill out 2 green forms and pay $12 dollars US which we were not expecting and didnt have on us, however they were able to take our VISA debit and we were then on our way.

It took us about another 2 hours to drive from the border to Bangor, we did some shopping and OMG the prices of things compared to Canada are awesome, we will definately be back to do Christmas Shopping there next year.

We drove back to Canada and when we got to the Border we requested to Land as PR, the staff there were also friendly and efficient. They took our COPRs, amended my childs wrong details, asked me to read over it and sign both copies of forms. The Officer also signed the COPR, stamped our passports and wrote numbers in them.

It was probably the best day I have had in a long time, everything just went so smoothly.