+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Thank you Canooknic, help was appreciated!

Irishladyloo, looking at your time line and hearing your success story made me smile! What was your sponsorship? Common-Law?
Yours seemed to be quite a quick process (obviously waiting 7 months is still a lot but quicker than some!)

We are just waiting for my boyfriends option C to be sent to his family in Canada, then to be sent to us in Scotland (at least an extra 2 weeks, when everything else is ready to go!!) I hope our app is as quick as yours :)

Did you have any problems or delays or was yours quite straight forward?

Jenny :)

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
Irishladyloo said:
Hi everyone!

I finally landed yesterday afternoon after getting off the plane from Ireland. Once I got off I was a bit wary of the queues. It took about 20 minutes to get through the regular passport queue. I handed the CBSA officer my landing card and I explained I wasn't sure if I was supposed to fill out the visitors or residents sections since I was there to land as a PR. He asked me a couple of questions (how did I come to be a permanent resident, how long did the application process take) and then sent me on my way to the immigration counter. There I waited in line for about 45 minutes until someone finally asked those of us waiting, "Who is here to immigrate to Canada?" Five or six applicants raised their hands and they informed us that we should be waiting at the opposite end of the room, in an area filled with chairs. I had been eying up this area, wondering if I was going to be sent there after talking to the immigration counter so I was kind of pissed to discover we had been directed to the wrong queue from the beginning! 45 minutes of standing there for no reason! Argh!

Anyway, the applicant ahead of me approached a police officer in the waiting area and asked if there was any rhyme or reason to the waiting process (did we need to take a number, for example) and he responded that no, we should just take a seat and an officer would be along to talk to us. I tried to make myself as visible as possible and took out my phone to type a text to my SO. I had just put my phone away when a CBSA officer asked from behind me, "Is anyone here to immigrate? Landing? Anyone?" I threw up my hand and shouted "ME!" and he took care of me right away.

We stepped into one of the cubicles lining the waiting area and I gave him the envelope with all my documentation (birth cert., passport, landing card from the plane, COPR, list of goods accompanying and proof of funds). He fished out the COPR and took my landing card and passport and told me he didn't need anything else from me. He asked me a few questions, (how long have you and your boyfriend been together, are you married, how did you meet, do you have any kids, how much money do you have, do you have everything with you, what's your address) and then filled out the form as I was answering these questions. Then he had me sign three places on each copy of the COPR and sent me on my way. I estimate that the whole process took less than five minutes from when he sat me down to when he told me I was free to go.

Overall, a totally pleasant experience! My plane landed at 2:06pm and I was through to arrivals, having located my bag, at 3:10pm.

Today I apply for SIN and OHIP. Hurray!
Congrats Irishlady...all the best to you and your SO for your new life in Canada!! I'll miss Ireland when we leave but im hoping for a speedy process too, so we can enjoy Christmas dinner with my family back home :)

Weegie

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012
LANDED..........
01-04-2012
vet25 said:
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could give me some input; our file is currently "In process" at the London VO since March 16th. On February 29th, my boyfriend received an email from the London VO requesting payment for the PR (we didn't know back in October that waiting to pay that fee could cause delays!) as well as an another police certificate from where we lived when we were studying. I made the payment for the PR immediately, and they received the police certificate on April 4th. Obviously we haven't heard anything yet, but I was hoping we would soon since, according to the spreadsheet, our "turn" should be coming up.....anybody have any experience with waiting times after sending extra documents? they say they could take up to 4 months to process any new documentation, but I'm really hoping for an earlier decision!

Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers :)
Hi there, so I can't comment on the police certificate, but I also paid my landing fee (the $490, right?) after my application was submitted. I had a bit of an issue with mine though in that although I paid my fee straight away online, you also have to post your receipt of payment to Mississauga (Mississauga then inform London that you have paid) - I did do this but hadn't heard back for 2 weeks, so I called Mississauga and they said they hadn't received the receipt! They told me to repost it or fax it. So I did both - I faxed it and couriered it. This was say on the Wednesday...and by the Monday my status had changed to Decision Made and by the following Monday I had received my COPR. So, despite the delay, it actually was super fast. So as long as you have made sure that Mississauga have received your physical receipt of payment (the one that they give you online once you have paid) then there is not much else you can do. If you don't know for sure, then call Mississauga - they can't answer questions about your file in London, but they can answer questions about them receiving payments.

Sorry I can't respond re the police certificate part.

Hope this helps a bit.

imran 901

Star Member
Oct 30, 2011
London office
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 aug 2011
File Transfer...
18 oct 2011
Passport Req..
23may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 june 2012
LANDED..........
13 july 2012 inshallah
Hello all frnds and pinklady I am going back to Pakistan next week my Uk visa and med both expire next week I sent e mail to Cic London and inform then that I am going to leave the country next week and give then Pakistan address so I received a e mail from Cic London this morning they inform me that they want my new medical in 60 days time and Cic London says that they will complete my ppr visa in four month and last they says do not sale any property and leave job untell you get visa so pls advice me when I will get ppr

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Sponsor approval!!! Came in two days ago, 24 April!! Three months less a day as the original app went in on January 25th. The email also came from OttPilot-Immigration, so I'm guessing we ended up going through there instead of through CPC-M as normal. I'm not complaining!! Happy to have finally heard and to be onto the next phase! :D

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
imran 901 said:
Hello all frnds and pinklady I am going back to Pakistan next week my Uk visa and med both expire next week I sent e mail to Cic London and inform then that I am going to leave the country next week and give then Pakistan address so I received a e mail from Cic London this morning they inform me that they want my new medical in 60 days time and Cic London says that they will complete my ppr visa in four month and last they says do not sale any property and leave job untell you get visa so pls advice me when I will get ppr
Good luck Imran. My prayers will be with you, Yasin and yameen. All the best

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
SchnookoLoly said:
Sponsor approval!!! Came in two days ago, 24 April!! Three months less a day as the original app went in on January 25th. The email also came from OttPilot-Immigration, so I'm guessing we ended up going through there instead of through CPC-M as normal. I'm not complaining!! Happy to have finally heard and to be onto the next phase! :D
Yey good news! I updated the spreadsheet

Irish Colleen

Star Member
Aug 8, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th December 2011
File Transfer...
7th February 2012
Med's Done....
9th December 2011
LANDED..........
20th May 2012
Congratulations you lucky Irishladyloo!! Enjoy your Canadian life! I'm already here, but applied outland to London, so waiting every day for some news!

Rizgill

Apr 26, 2012
Hi Weegie,

Can you please let me know the fax number you used to send the confirmation of your payment.

Was it: 905-803-7392?

thanks

imran 901

Star Member
Oct 30, 2011
London office
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 aug 2011
File Transfer...
18 oct 2011
Passport Req..
23may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 june 2012
LANDED..........
13 july 2012 inshallah
ahm2299 said:
Good luck Imran. My prayers will be with you, Yasin and yameen. All the best
Thx ahm when u will move to canada

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Irishladyloo said:
Hi everyone!

I finally landed yesterday afternoon after getting off the plane from Ireland. Once I got off I was a bit wary of the queues. It took about 20 minutes to get through the regular passport queue. I handed the CBSA officer my landing card and I explained I wasn't sure if I was supposed to fill out the visitors or residents sections since I was there to land as a PR. He asked me a couple of questions (how did I come to be a permanent resident, how long did the application process take) and then sent me on my way to the immigration counter. There I waited in line for about 45 minutes until someone finally asked those of us waiting, "Who is here to immigrate to Canada?" Five or six applicants raised their hands and they informed us that we should be waiting at the opposite end of the room, in an area filled with chairs. I had been eying up this area, wondering if I was going to be sent there after talking to the immigration counter so I was kind of pissed to discover we had been directed to the wrong queue from the beginning! 45 minutes of standing there for no reason! Argh!

Anyway, the applicant ahead of me approached a police officer in the waiting area and asked if there was any rhyme or reason to the waiting process (did we need to take a number, for example) and he responded that no, we should just take a seat and an officer would be along to talk to us. I tried to make myself as visible as possible and took out my phone to type a text to my SO. I had just put my phone away when a CBSA officer asked from behind me, "Is anyone here to immigrate? Landing? Anyone?" I threw up my hand and shouted "ME!" and he took care of me right away.

We stepped into one of the cubicles lining the waiting area and I gave him the envelope with all my documentation (birth cert., passport, landing card from the plane, COPR, list of goods accompanying and proof of funds). He fished out the COPR and took my landing card and passport and told me he didn't need anything else from me. He asked me a few questions, (how long have you and your boyfriend been together, are you married, how did you meet, do you have any kids, how much money do you have, do you have everything with you, what's your address) and then filled out the form as I was answering these questions. Then he had me sign three places on each copy of the COPR and sent me on my way. I estimate that the whole process took less than five minutes from when he sat me down to when he told me I was free to go.

Overall, a totally pleasant experience! My plane landed at 2:06pm and I was through to arrivals, having located my bag, at 3:10pm.

Today I apply for SIN and OHIP. Hurray!
Congratulations, :D You are finally there. Thanks for posting your Landing experiences.

Weegie

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012
LANDED..........
01-04-2012
Rizgill said:
Hi Weegie,

Can you please let me know the fax number you used to send the confirmation of your payment.

Was it: 905-803-7392?

thanks
Hey, yes, that's the number. I called them and then the guy on the phone sent me an email straight away with all the info on it as per below (this was on 15th March 2012):

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting the Call Centre. I am pleased to provide you with the requested information:

Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) Payment Receipt - CPC Mississauga

If you have already paid the $490 Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF), you must send the payment receipt to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario, by mail or by fax.

Mailing Address
RPRF payments or other correspondence
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

Courier Address
CPC Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway
Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

Fax
(905) 803-7392

Your letter must include the following information:
• Your name;
• Your date of birth;
• Your complete address;
• The date you sent your application;
• Your client ID (if you have one);
• The type of application (e.g. sponsorship of my spouse); and
• Your e-Payment receipt or your official Receipt (IMM 5401).

Hope this helps.

vet25

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
AOR Received.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 27/04/2012
LANDED..........
Weegie said:
Hi there, so I can't comment on the police certificate, but I also paid my landing fee (the $490, right?) after my application was submitted. I had a bit of an issue with mine though in that although I paid my fee straight away online, you also have to post your receipt of payment to Mississauga (Mississauga then inform London that you have paid) - I did do this but hadn't heard back for 2 weeks, so I called Mississauga and they said they hadn't received the receipt! They told me to repost it or fax it. So I did both - I faxed it and couriered it. This was say on the Wednesday...and by the Monday my status had changed to Decision Made and by the following Monday I had received my COPR. So, despite the delay, it actually was super fast. So as long as you have made sure that Mississauga have received your physical receipt of payment (the one that they give you online once you have paid) then there is not much else you can do. If you don't know for sure, then call Mississauga - they can't answer questions about your file in London, but they can answer questions about them receiving payments.

Sorry I can't respond re the police certificate part.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks for the info Weegie, it's very much appreciated!!

I just logged on ecas, and it now says "Decision Made" under the PR status, and when I open it for more details, it says: "A decision has been made on (my boyfriend's) application. The office will contact (my boyfriend) concerning this decision" is this a good thing?!?!? I thought usually they just wrote "we sent you a letter with the decision"....ahhhhhhh!!

Any advice/ideas would be very much appreciated!!
:)

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
Hi guys

I am all ready to send my application. Just paying the fees online and wondering what ones I check to pay. Family class or spouse or both?

My boyfriend is sponsoring me and there are just the two of us in the application.

Please reply asap and I am mailing it this afternoon so please add me to the spreadsheet if that applies!

Weegie

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012
LANDED..........
01-04-2012
vet25 said:
Thanks for the info Weegie, it's very much appreciated!!

I just logged on ecas, and it now says "Decision Made" under the PR status, and when I open it for more details, it says: "A decision has been made on (my boyfriend's) application. The office will contact (my boyfriend) concerning this decision" is this a good thing?!?!? I thought usually they just wrote "we sent you a letter with the decision"....ahhhhhhh!!

Any advice/ideas would be very much appreciated!!
:)
My ecas said the same thing as yours. I don't think they would ever request money if the decision wasn't a positive one!So hopefully you should get the COPR soon - mine came after one week of it changing to Decision Made. Fingers crossed you will get it soon!