+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
Weegie said:
My police certificate was dated 29 June 2011 and I sent it to Mississauga on 27 September 2011 (i.e. it arrived in Mississauga on 27 September) - I wasn't asked for another certificate. As far as I know, the certificate is valid for 1 year, as long as it is within the 3 months that it is received in Mississauga. Seemed to work that was for me anyway.
Cheers, thanks for that...fingers crossed all goes well, good luck to you! :)

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
Thanks guys for the advice! Hoping everything goes well so we can be in vancouver just in time for turkey dinner at Christmas :) i guess the waiting game starts now...

Weegie

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012
LANDED..........
01-04-2012
kaede1977 said:
Cheers, thanks for that...fingers crossed all goes well, good luck to you! :)
Thanks! No problem, and good luck to you too!

BBG83

Aug 15, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Passport Req..
Exempt
Confused...

Pinklady,

On March 29th you sent me to the following form to help me understand why my "Option C" printout is important:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1283E.pdf

I read the Guide and from what I can understand I do NOT have to fill out that form because I am only sponsoring my spouse (he has no dependent children) to come to Canada. Instead, I just fill out the sponsor questionnaire?

Please let me know if I'm correct in assuming this... I feel like my mind is bogged down with all the stuff I've read and I'd hate to find out I filled in the wrong form!

Thanks.

Robotxxx

Feb 8, 2012
Pinklady!

Please update us to COPR recieved this morning! There was no updating on the online cic site, just a brown envelope signed for this morning. That was painless and so quick... Now we only have to sell our house!

Yay!

Apr 14, 2012
hello All! i would love to get some thoughts on my questions if that is okay! we are just about to start the process well in the new few months! and i would LOVE some help!

Firstly, i am very confused about the whole process. I have a few questions and i would love to get some insight!!
1) Does it matter that i am living aboard? i read somewhere that it doesnt matter and that as i am a canadian citizen i can sponsor my husband.
2) We both work full time here and can provide proof of funds this way - however they will obviously be in british pounds - we are saving up for a house deposit when the paperwork goes through in canada - will that matter? How can we prove that we want to live in canada? We cant get a property yet, i am not going to school, etc - but it says on the application form that we need to prove we want to seattle in canada
3) where do we actually send our application forms?
4) when he does the medical - do we send that off with everything? or does the doctor send that off somewhere else? what is the best practice there?
5) how long after this application is approved do we have until we must move? we both have jobs and it will of course take time to get everything together
6) i read somewhere that you can "land" and then leave straight away - that your residency starts as soon as you land - Where do you register when you land? is that something that customs do at the airport? or do you have to travel to an embassy? how do they register you? How do you then apply for a card? or is the card sent to you via mail? if so what address would you put? and how long do you have to stay in canada before your card comes through? is this something that is automatically done for you? or once you go through customs you have to apply somewhere else and if so where? and how long does the card take to be sent?
7) i would just love some advice and general points of what to include with the application what not to - i was thinking to perhaps include some character references or any job references but i dont know if that will hinder or help? so just any tips really would be amazing!

Also, how long is the medical exam valid for??

thanks so much

Anna

Irish Colleen

Star Member
Aug 8, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th December 2011
File Transfer...
7th February 2012
Med's Done....
9th December 2011
LANDED..........
20th May 2012
What does this mean?

I emailed the London office to ask if they required any further info from us. Their response:

Your application is in process. No further action is required by you at this time.

Our office will contact the applicant when a decision has been made or if further information is required. Immigration decisions and information requests are sent by post or email to the addresses provided in the application.

We thank you for your patience and
for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Does this actually mean "IN PROGRESS' ?? eCAS IS STILL SHOWING APP RECEIVED AND MEDICALS RECEIVED

What does it mean?

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
annakonevitchenko said:
hello All! i would love to get some thoughts on my questions if that is okay! we are just about to start the process well in the new few months! and i would LOVE some help!

Firstly, i am very confused about the whole process. I have a few questions and i would love to get some insight!!
1) Does it matter that i am living aboard? i read somewhere that it doesnt matter and that as i am a canadian citizen i can sponsor my husband.
2) We both work full time here and can provide proof of funds this way - however they will obviously be in british pounds - we are saving up for a house deposit when the paperwork goes through in canada - will that matter? How can we prove that we want to live in canada? We cant get a property yet, i am not going to school, etc - but it says on the application form that we need to prove we want to seattle in canada
4) when he does the medical - do we send that off with everything? or does the doctor send that off somewhere else? what is the best practice there?
5) how long after this application is approved do we have until we must move? we both have jobs and it will of course take time to get everything together
6) i read somewhere that you can "land" and then leave straight away - that your residency starts as soon as you land - Where do you register when you land? is that something that customs do at the airport? or do you have to travel to an embassy? how do they register you? How do you then apply for a card? or is the card sent to you via mail? if so what address would you put? and how long do you have to stay in canada before your card comes through? is this something that is automatically done for you? or once you go through customs you have to apply somewhere else and if so where? and how long does the card take to be sent?
7) i would just love some advice and general points of what to include with the application what not to - i was thinking to perhaps include some character references or any job references but i dont know if that will hinder or help? so just any tips really would be amazing!

thanks so much

Anna
Hi Anna, will try my best to help give you some advice as we have just sent out our paperwork this week!

1)If you are a Canadian citizen, you may sponsor a spouse, a common-law partner or conjugal partner, or a dependent child who has no children of his or her own. However, you must demonstrate that you will live in Canada when the sponsored person becomes a permanent resident.

Note: Permanent residents residing abroad may not sponsor from outside of Canada. Canadian citizens travelling as tourists are not considered to be residing abroad.

2) I would get a joint bank account if you dont already have one and get printouts with both names and funds, dont think it matters that its in pounds, i think they just want to see that you have an account together! I would also start applying for jobs online and printing out job offers, accomodation plans etc, also we got a letter from my parents saying that they would let us stay with them for a week or 2 til we got settled back in with housing and jobs!

3)Sponsorship :( Type of sponsorship*)
Case Processing Centre ─ Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, Ontario
L5A 4N6

4)Im assuming you are in england somewhere since you mentioned pounds...here is a list of designated medical practioners
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=1872&CountryName=England
When my husband went for his medical, they sent off the forms so you dont have to worry bout that but you need to send off the original reciept with the application form.

5)I believe you have a year from the date of your medical to land...thats what someone told me

6)not sure bout this one, maybe someone else can help!

7)Take your time filling out the application, do a little each day otherwise can get overwhelming and confusing. Try and gather all the documents you need ahead (passport, birth certificate, employment letter, bank statements, option c printouts etc...) Use the forum for loads of great advice, helped me out ALOT! Medicals are valid for a year, hope this helps and good luck :D

kamkay

Apr 14, 2012
hello Guys ,
I am from Afghanistan and I live in Denmark , my case was in process in ISB Pakistan and then they have transfered it to CIC London .
I have sent all my documents and now CIC office in Canadian embassy in Norway has called me for an interview on 23 april . my process took almost 3 years . does any have any information what is this interview for and what will happen next . pleasae help me . I lost my hope for the visa . I realy became tired of this . please help me . thanks .

PS : I am living in Denmark for 3 years . I got married with my wife in denmark in 2009 . she lives in Canada .

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
PINKLADY
Please update the spreadsheet. PR application sent on April 2. Dont know when it arrived as we lost the receipt :-[ Hoping for a quick decision. x

usewes

Jul 4, 2011
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/03/2012
File Transfer...
30-05-2012
Med's Done....
07-09-2011
Hi there...Just saw that the CIC website has officially increased to 84 days for Stage 1 now, so quite sure I will have to get the med's re-done before September.

Any thoughts on how this affects the application? Should I get them done now in anticipation and send it in before it gets to London? Any ideas? Will it cut down on processing time later on if I get them done again now?

Thanks!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Re: Confused...

BBG83 said:
On March 29th you sent me to the following form to help me understand why my "Option C" printout is important:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1283E.pdf

I read the Guide and from what I can understand I do NOT have to fill out that form because I am only sponsoring my spouse (he has no dependent children) to come to Canada. Instead, I just fill out the sponsor questionnaire?
Hey,
The only forms you need to fill out are these
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
Sorry for any confusion.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Hey Pinklady,

My application was received on the 12th of April, can you please update the spreadsheet? ( I know from the tracking system, not from CIC obviously).
thanks,
Sweden

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Thankx for updating. :D

Weegie

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012
LANDED..........
01-04-2012
annakonevitchenko said:

thanks so much

Anna
To answer number 6, you have to "land" at a port of entry into Canada - this can be at an airport or from the US, for example, I entered via the Rainbow Bridge from the US (by exiting Canada by land i.e. car and re-entering in order to be processed by the port of entry). As soon as your Confirmation of Permanent Residency document is processed at the port of entry, your status changes to a permanent resident. HOWEVER, you have to wait 2-8 weeks for your PR card to be sent to you. I was told by the border official who processed my COPR that I should avoid leaving Canada prior to getting my PR card as I would need it to re-enter as a PR. I don't know if this is technically the case if you have a UK passport as you don't actually need a visa to enter Canada, but I guess it could screw things up at the airport as they always ask you your status in the country, and you really should be able to prove it (although you could use the copy of the COPR that they gave you). You can also apply for a re-entry visa if you haven't got your card and really need to travel, so it is possible to travel prior to getting your card.

I think you must be able to get your card sent to whatever address you want, but I am not 100% sure on this - I needed to show proof of my current address, but was residing in Canada at that time, so it didn't matter. I don't know if they would send it to another country....maybe someone else can answer this piece?

The card is automatically arranged for you when you land - they process you at one place.
You can leave Canada as soon as you want after you land - notwithstanding the comments I made above about the PR card and re-entry. You do, however, have to be in Canada 3 years out of 5 to maintain PR status - they specifically told me this when I landed. How they track this, however, I don't know - I guess they know when you leave and enter the country by your passport information.

I hope this helps a bit.