+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi all my partner is Canadian and I’m British she got accepted as my sponsor and within a week they want my background check my police certificate and for me to pay the right of residence fee I have my medical tomorrow 9th nov 17 and waiting on my police certificate to send them.
I sent the fee yesterday and the last form.
How will I know I got approved and is there a chance I won’t?
Is the application process straight forward now?
What will happen next?
Does anyone know?
I’m so nervous.
Need more information on your timelines. I am guessing that they would not yet have sent it to your visa office yet, which very likely will be London. Next thing you should hear will be:

1. Which visa office they sent it to,
2. Then an acknowledgement of receipt by that visa office
3. Then notification that your medical is passed
4. Then nothing for a couple / few months!
5. Indication of MyCIC that 'background check in progress'
6. Then some sort of decision made indication (copy passport request or maybe just arrival of CoPR).

Recommend you have a read here:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ_-_New_Application_Forms#Once_you.27ve_sent_the_application

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayjay36

Jayjay36

Nov 8, 2017
Need more information on your timelines. I am guessing that they would not yet have sent it to your visa office yet, which very likely will be London. Next thing you should hear will be:

1. Which visa office they sent it to,
2. Then an acknowledgement of receipt by that visa office
3. Then notification that your medical is passed
4. Then nothing for a couple / few months!
5. Indication of MyCIC that 'background check in progress'
6. Then some sort of decision made indication (copy passport request or maybe just arrival of CoPR).

Recommend you have a read here:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ_-_New_Application_Forms#Once_you.27ve_sent_the_application
Sent application to Mississauga office around July 2017
Sponsor approved 20th September 2017
History form req 25 sept
Police check residence fee and medical req 28st September
Medical on the 9th nov
Police certificate done 7th nov sent off for it
My history form also sent on the 8th nov and fee paid 8th nov.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
They just requested my background check my medical and police certificate and final payment for the right of residence and it all has to be in by December the 6th
I remember a post saying you couldn't link your application to your account.. Did you ever mange to do that?

Jayjay36

Nov 8, 2017
I remember a post saying you couldn't link your application to your account.. Did you ever mange to do that?
Nope still trying, still getting no luck just saying that there is no applications found and even attempts to contact them via the web form was no help at all and even including screen shots, I don’t know why the sent me an email asking for me to link my application when every attempt does not work. So nhe e having to send them documents by the webform, not happy about to be honest but they are getting them even if it is slower.

Hunks

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
England
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-08-2017
Doc's Request.
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-10-2017
File Transfer...
7-11-2017
Med's Request
21-10-2017
Med's Done....
2-11-2017
Nope still trying, still getting no luck just saying that there is no applications found and even attempts to contact them via the web form was no help at all and even including screen shots, I don’t know why the sent me an email asking for me to link my application when every attempt does not work. So nhe e having to send them documents by the webform, not happy about to be honest but they are getting them even if it is slower.
Did you try the settings marital status to single? It sounds dumb but it's the only way I could get mine to link when I had to do it

Hunks

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
England
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-08-2017
Doc's Request.
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-10-2017
File Transfer...
7-11-2017
Med's Request
21-10-2017
Med's Done....
2-11-2017
No I will try that today and see if it works thank you
Try application and family name, fill in location in Canada where you will live and put marital status as single and should go through. I tried everything but only went through when I joined the singles club. I also didn't fill in passport only what what I needed to.

Some people everything works first time, others have to try combinations and miss information etc

Reactions: WeegieInOttawa