Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Yooper. You're on.
yooper said:
hey ddobro2!

Can you add me to your spreadsheet?

13 June 2011 - Applications Sent (by DHL)
16 June 2011 - Applications Received by CPC-M
11 August 2011 - Sponsorship Approved - PR App sent to Buffalo

Thanks!

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the advice Love-Buf-Wing !!

He will be crossing the Windsor-Detroit border as I live in Windsor. He plans on then commuting from Windsor daily to his job (in Detroit). Now the thing is, he is coming for his H1B stamping on Sept 23 (this stamping is required for him to enter back US).
His car is fairly old, and we have been thinking of buying a new car, so other thing we thought was selling off his car in US (after paying the remaining balance...almost $5000) and then buy a new car here.
Can he come in his car and say that he plans to import it later. And then he can drive my car (registered under Ontario) and drive that to work daily? I believe he will have to first have Ontario license. and have insurance on my car.
I can drive his car here to work, and then after sometime we just sell it off in US...we just dont want any other reason for him not to move to Windsor now :( Our application took so long and we are literally just 20 minutes away from each other, so now we just want to live together

Love-Buf-Wings

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
AOR Received.
03-05-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Passport Req..
02-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2011
LANDED..........
July, 2011
Hi Sparkle,

I know how you feel :-( ...You can ask but I'm sure they will instruct you on how the process works. I've seen people on forums be allowed to put their car under the goods to follow and then be able to land with it to be exported at a future date. Not sure how these lucky people were able to this.

My husband wanted to land and add his car to his goods to follow until the whole lien holder situation was taken care of. He wanted to cross with the car so that he can drive to Toronto to get a sin card for work, but he was told to land via bus or a rental. Mind you, my husband has crossed the border every weekend for two and half years, so the border officers even know and like him, but they still could not accommodate. Different borders may have different practices, so just ask one of the officers the next time you cross, whether or not you can land with the car and export it at a letter date but add it as a goods to follow. See how strict that office is.

sparkle said:
Thank you for the advice Love-Buf-Wing !!

He will be crossing the Windsor-Detroit border as I live in Windsor. He plans on then commuting from Windsor daily to his job (in Detroit). Now the thing is, he is coming for his H1B stamping on Sept 23 (this stamping is required for him to enter back US).
His car is fairly old, and we have been thinking of buying a new car, so other thing we thought was selling off his car in US (after paying the remaining balance...almost $5000) and then buy a new car here.
Can he come in his car and say that he plans to import it later. And then he can drive my car (registered under Ontario) and drive that to work daily? I believe he will have to first have Ontario license. and have insurance on my car.
I can drive his car here to work, and then after sometime we just sell it off in US...we just dont want any other reason for him not to move to Windsor now :( Our application took so long and we are literally just 20 minutes away from each other, so now we just want to live together

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-7-2011 Buffalo/ waiting on POS
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
My wife landed at Buffalo had the car on her list of goods to follow we had printed out the goods to follow form from cic website and only placed the Vehicle identification number make and model of the car

Love-Buf-Wings

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
AOR Received.
03-05-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Passport Req..
02-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2011
LANDED..........
July, 2011
Hi,

Did your wife own the vehicle/was the vehicle paid for in full? Perhaps that's the missing link.

clemfamily

Jul 14, 2011
ddobro2

Sorry it has taken so long been pretty busy. We paid the RPRF but sent the receipt to Buffalo when we did it. That was our mistake...We did send it to the courior number you listed. I called the 1-888-242-2100 number and even though they could not tell me much being m application is in Buffalo, they really did get me in the right direction to get this taken care of. When we sent the receipt to Mississuaga we alsio sent a cover letter stating the basics....my wifes file number, my file number and that the payment had to be linked up to my PR application. I have heard that it is a good sign that we are being asked to pay the RPRF, but just want it taken care of. I have a job all lined up just need to get residency. Thanks for all the help and don't worry about your comment I can think of much more non family friendly things to say.

FloridaNative

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-10
AOR Received.
01-13-11
Help!
I received an email today requesting my FBI clearance. We already mailed the FBI clearance back in December with our application.

The email I received was a reply to a case specific email I had sent earlier.
I do not know who to reply to. Should I start the FBI clearance over again? It will take months. How could they have lost my original? Has anyone else been through this yet with their FBI clearance?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you make a copy of the official record that FBI sent to you before mailing it to CPC-M? If so, I would fax the copy over with an explanation that this was already part of your application before embarking on another record request with FBI. Let us know what you decide to do and how it goes.
FloridaNative said:
Help!
I received an email today requesting my FBI clearance. We already mailed the FBI clearance back in December with our application.

The email I received was a reply to a case specific email I had sent earlier.
I do not know who to reply to. Should I start the FBI clearance over again? It will take months. How could they have lost my original? Has anyone else been through this yet with their FBI clearance?

FloridaNative

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-10
AOR Received.
01-13-11
Thanks..ddobro2
Yes we made a copy, I was planning on mailing it with a letter to this address.
Consulate General of Canada
Immigration Regional Program Centre
1 HSBC Center
Buffalo, New York
14203-2884, USA

Do you think it is best to just fax it to this number?
Immigration Fax: (716) 852-2477

Who knows who will receive it, I wish we had a specific immigration officer to correspond with.
Thanks for your advice ::)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I certainly think it would be faster. You'd have an automatic confirmation that the fax was received too, hopefully. You might want to order GCMS notes too, just to see what else is going over there. I got mine and saw that they actually mistakenly entered an RPRF fee paid by me when I sent in the receipt for the other fees (they then voided that, but I later sent my RPRF fee anyway, so they made a seperate entry for that genuine fee payment). Anyhoo......good luck.
FloridaNative said:
Thanks..ddobro2
Yes we made a copy, I was planning on mailing it with a letter to this address.
Consulate General of Canada
Immigration Regional Program Centre
1 HSBC Center
Buffalo, New York
14203-2884, USA

Do you think it is best to just fax it to this number?
Immigration Fax: (716) 852-2477

Who knows who will receive it, I wish we had a specific immigration officer to correspond with.
Thanks for your advice ::)

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-7-2011 Buffalo/ waiting on POS
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
Love-Buf-Wings said:
Hi,

Did your wife own the vehicle/was the vehicle paid for in full? Perhaps that's the missing link.
yes she ownes the vehicle and its paid in full

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
I wonder how It will work with my vehicle.Im In Canada on a work visa that expires this month.I drove my car accross the border last October and my insurance covers In Canada and the plates are good until 2013.The vehicle Is financed so I guess I have to drive It back across the border when I land and have the letter from the finance co. and pay all the taxes.I cant believe you have to pay taxes to bring your vehicle here when you have to pay taxes when you buy It.

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We yet to understand what has happen to buffalo this week....
We wish they can continue from where they stopped last...
This silence is not healthy but instead its causes for Depression.
Buffalo Pls get back to work as we all really do need to see an update...possibly good news this week and weeks to come.

yvzp

Sep 11, 2011
that is crazy paying to bring your car in. Hopefully since my van is not worth much I won't have to pay, or pay very little. This is already expensive enough without even more additions to it.

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
yvzp said:
that is crazy paying to bring your car in. Hopefully since my van is not worth much I won't have to pay, or pay very little. This is already expensive enough without even more additions to it.
I got charged and excise fee for the air conditioning. As long as you own the vehicle outright then you don't have to worry about paying duty or taxes