WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2011
LANDED..........
15-06-2011
Hi All,

I have read some applicant's status doesn't change on the site (even after they've been approved), and I have also read there is a place to find out if your application was received on X date - it's in process. My application has been "in process" since September 13, 2010. I emailed and got (what I think) is an automatic email that reads, "Your file is in line for a review by an immigration officer. We cannot estimate when a decision will be made, but we assure you that you will hear from us once the officer reviews your file.

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo"

I know the process takes a long time, but I really wish it was finalized. My application was submitted July 30, 2010. It's nice to know I can come here and "gripe" to others who are in the same boat.

I hope 2011 brings me my one and only wish: to have my family live under one roof, in one country. :)

ocu_canadian

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/01/2011
Doc's Request.
none needed
AOR Received.
29/05/2011
File Transfer...
08/02/2011
Med's Done....
16/11/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11/07/11
VISA ISSUED...
12/07/11
LANDED..........
12/07/11
Hi to everyone...I sent off our application today...WOW..what a relief...Maybe just a little paranoia by myself, just looking over the copy of every form that I made. I am concerned about a form and I am looking for someone who has been in my case before. I am a Canadian Citizen living in Canada. My wife is American. On the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada on page 2 where it asks you to complete the information for every family member accompanying you to Canada. Including spouse, or common law partner if applicable. My wife fills everything out for hersef which is ok, but I am already in Canada, I am sponsoring her does she fill out the next column for me, or is just her? We have no children..Thank You

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
jancath410 Thanks! Still waiting here too... bleh.

Anyways, ocu_canadian I have been in process since April 27, 2010 so that's about 9 months and counting. So there really is no estimation, even when the buffalo website time says x% of applications are completed in x months. That's just their average from a previous "pool" of applications for x amount of months. Does that make sense? In the 9 months I have been waiting and visiting this site, I have witnessed applications finalize in 2 months, and I've seen cases that had taken just less than a year. The best thing you can do is brace yourself, find something to keep you occupied, and prepare to wait. Then it might happen to pass quicker than you expect.

I was just popping in to say hello, and still no news on my application. Keep up your spirits Dralon, the end should be near!! You're in my prayers and good thoughts.

KenShali

Jan 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2011 Resubmit App.: 02-03-2011
Med's Done....
15-12-2010 & 15-3-2012
Interview........
02-05-2012
Passport Req..
9-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Hi All!

It's my first time on this forum....and I'm going to add a timeline as well. All your timelines have been a great help to me.

My husband received his FBI clearance on Nov. 15, 2010. Im sending my application tomorrow on Jan. 17, 2010.
I'm not sure if the FBI clearance with still be valid by the time the file is sent to Buffalo for processing. Since at first my application will probably take approximately 1 month at CPC - M ....and then sent to Buffalo if all goes well.
So will i need to a get new a FBI clearance??

Salsalvr

Jan 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2011
AOR Received.
confirmed 18-6-2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-07-2011
Thread for outland Buffalo applicants! Please share experiences

Hi,

Has any of you applied for permanent residency from within the United States and then migrated or went to Canada as a Visitor before the permanent residency was approved, or have most of you applied outland from within Canada? I'm trying to decide whether to apply from outside (my husband is already working in Canada and me and our children are in the US) or go into Canada as a visitor and apply outland from within Canada. Thank you.

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
It's been a month since Mississauga sent my application to Buffalo. I've not heard anything, no AOR or InProcess.

Here's hoping we all hear something soon.

anik1981

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Late May
AOR Received.
06-Aug-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-Feb-11
VISA ISSUED...
03-Mar-11
LANDED..........
04-Mar-11
Pharoh said:
It's been a month since Mississauga sent my application to Buffalo. I've not heard anything, no AOR or InProcess.

Here's hoping we all hear something soon.
It took us 2 months for the app to get to Buffalo from Miss. Hang in there!

elkan

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2010
AOR Received.
23-11-2010
Passport Req..
13-05-2011
Hello all, I'm hoping to get some advice here. My timeline is posted as part of my signature below. Here is some background information so you can help me out:

- my American partner and I applied as Conjugal partners (yes, I know what this class is intended for and have read the OP 2 manual and believe that was our best option)
- we submitted "proof" that showed our Physical, Emotional, Social & Financial interdependency on one another back in September.
- we have now accumulated more proof that I believe is vital to our case. One such piece is a criminal record clearance along with a notarized translation from Poland. We did not send this back in September because we misinterpreted the 6 months in another country. We figured they would eventually ask for the criminal record check and decided to be proactive and get it done.
-he was diagnosed with cancer one month after we submitted our application. We wanted to include his chemotherapy treatment schedule and my travel itinerary to be with him during chemotherapy.

Now here's my question. Our immigration consultant suggested holding onto all additional documents and proof until requested. My thinking is send the additional documents to Buffalo so there are no questions and no waiting. What are your thoughts? We have labels for Buffalo??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Elkan

plumosa

May 27, 2010
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
17/06/2010
File Transfer...
10/05/2010
Med's Done....
30/11/2009
Interview........
waived-letter dated 27/07/2010
Passport Req..
20/09/2010
VISA ISSUED...
28/09/2010
LANDED..........
28/09/2010
since you have your AOR and labels, go ahead and send it now. Write on the outside of the envelope that it contains additional proof along with the label and all your info on the outside as well as on the inside. A month after sending in more proof I received a letter stating that no additional information was needed. Now there's no guarantee that it will be the same for you (and please don't worry about it if you don't get one, they are not very consistent) but that was my experience.

elkan said:
Hello all, I'm hoping to get some advice here. My timeline is posted as part of my signature below. Here is some background information so you can help me out:

- my American partner and I applied as Conjugal partners (yes, I know what this class is intended for and have read the OP 2 manual and believe that was our best option)
- we submitted "proof" that showed our Physical, Emotional, Social & Financial interdependency on one another back in September.
- we have now accumulated more proof that I believe is vital to our case. One such piece is a criminal record clearance along with a notarized translation from Poland. We did not send this back in September because we misinterpreted the 6 months in another country. We figured they would eventually ask for the criminal record check and decided to be proactive and get it done.
-he was diagnosed with cancer one month after we submitted our application. We wanted to include his chemotherapy treatment schedule and my travel itinerary to be with him during chemotherapy.

Now here's my question. Our immigration consultant suggested holding onto all additional documents and proof until requested. My thinking is send the additional documents to Buffalo so there are no questions and no waiting. What are your thoughts? We have labels for Buffalo??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Elkan

CaraPK

Apr 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-10
Doc's Request.
19-08-2010
AOR Received.
12-08-2010
File Transfer...
17-06-10
Med's Done....
10-05-10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-10-10
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-10
LANDED..........
28-11-10
Re: Thread for outland Buffalo applicants! Please share experiences

Salsalvr said:
Hi,

Has any of you applied for permanent residency from within the United States and then migrated or went to Canada as a Visitor before the permanent residency was approved, or have most of you applied outland from within Canada? I'm trying to decide whether to apply from outside (my husband is already working in Canada and me and our children are in the US) or go into Canada as a visitor and apply outland from within Canada. Thank you.
I sent my application while still in the United States (May 2010), and then entered Canada as a visitor when my husband had to move to start his new job (July 2010). By the time I entered Canada, he had been approved as a sponsor and my file had been transferred to Buffalo. We drove into Canada, because we had a new baby who was too little to fly, and I was very honest with the Immigration Officer at the border. I brought all of my immigration documents with me in the car, and explained that I intended to wait out the rest of the application process in Canada with my husband.

I had no problem entering Canada. They marked my passport, giving me 6 months as a visitor, and explained that if my PR was not approved within those 6 months, I could apply to have my visitor status extended. Since my PR was approved in October 2010, it ended up not being an issue.

Hope this helps!

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
London/St. Thomas for now...
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
My eCAS sent an email today that I was "In Process since the 13th of January".

Hope the process is swift! ;D

ibrah1m

Jan 16, 2011
Hello everyone,

I am new here, just want to share my experience which i am going through. Before that best of luck to all those who are waiting for PPR like me :)

Sponsorship applied 29th May
Got approved 29th April, 2010
File transfered to Buffalo
Buffalo started process 1st June, 2010 (E-cas: In process and Medical received)
Add Doc required 8th Sept, 2010 (USA/FBI: FBI clearance report took almost 14 weeks due to payment declined. Errr )
Interview waived 8th Sept, 2010

(When they requested FBI clearance report they also mentioned that we have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview.)

On 28th of December, 2010 they must have received my FBI clearance report and now just wondering what will be the next.... more additional documents? or PPR

God willingly i will receive PPR :p

Any comments about my timelines?

FloridaNative

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-10
AOR Received.
01-13-11
Hi Everyone! Thanks for all the helpful posts.

My husband is Canadian and I American. We met, married, and have lived in the States for the past 3 years. We are moving to Ottawa due to my husbands new job. We submitted an outland Application for my Perm Resident on December 10th. I checked online and a letter was sent out to us on Jan 13th. So I am still waiting.

My husband moved to Ottawa 3 1/2 weeks ago to start his job, while I wait on our house to sell in Florida. I really want to drive our animals up to Ottawa and spend some time while we wait on my Perm Resident. I am hoping there will not be any problems at the border if we have all our paperwork, and do not import my car.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

piker751

Aug 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2010
Passport Req..
18-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2011
Stupid Question, my wife got an email today requesting her passport. Does this mean she is approved? If so, I am in disbelief it happened so fast for us reading the stories on here. I sent the application on Oct 17, 2010.