fafi

Sep 17, 2010
kingston, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2010
congrats!! i sent in a change of address about 2 months ago and buffalo is STILL sending things to my old apartment... luckily it's right next door, so it's not a big deal, but they're never home until later and i should be getting PPR any day! just keep an eye for the letter, e-cas has never been updated for me and i've never gotten any e-mails from them either!

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
You sent the change of address into Buffalo and they're still sending thigs to old address? Kind of typical though.

fafi

Sep 17, 2010
kingston, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2010
yep! like i said, lucky it's just next door. i'm sure it's sitting in a stack of papers somewhere along w/ other important papers... they'll get around to it.. eventually.

minna

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/07/2010
AOR Received.
08/09/2010
File Transfer...
19/08/2010
Med's Done....
13/07/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
30/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2010
LANDED..........
18/12/2010
fafi said:
congrats!! i sent in a change of address about 2 months ago and buffalo is STILL sending things to my old apartment... luckily it's right next door, so it's not a big deal, but they're never home until later and i should be getting PPR any day! just keep an eye for the letter, e-cas has never been updated for me and i've never gotten any e-mails from them either!
our mailing address updated just fine, I'm just wondering about the email address - but maybe I have a IO processing the case that does things differently -- updates e-CAS every step of the way, and sends physical letters instead of emails. Who knows??? I'm hoping to see a brown envelope in the mail very soon!

S

SaugaBoss

the-fanatics said:
saugaboss - do you qualify for a NAFTA work permit? seems like for nafta work permits they are LMO exempted so all you need is a job offer. here's the CIC link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/special-business.asp#nafta
hey thanks for the link im not sure if i qualify i know for sure i can get a job offer in my field but idk about the HRdsc/LMO thing... im in the financial field like a financial analyst it might be a job under Nafta not 100% sure calling CIC call center to double check

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
Good Luck Sauga :) :)

KenKin

Apr 26, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2010
Hey folks,

Just wondering if anyone has thoughts/best guesses on if our application seems to be on track with everyone else's here in this thread. Our file was sent to Buffalo and began processing on August 19, 2010. We were still waiting for my partner's FBI report and had the RPRF outstanding, but medical and everything else was complete and in the package.

On Sept. 24th our lawyer's office received a letter requesting the RPRF, with phrasing that read "In order to conclude your relative's application abroad the RPRF is required..." In actuality our lawyer had sent it, along with my spouse's FBI results, the week prior - just passing each other in the mail.

On Oct. 5th we got confirmation from CPC-M that all of our fees had been paid and Buffalo had been notified. We kinda took the wording and the request for the RPRF to mean we were in the home stretch, even though they hadn't seen his FBI results at that point. That was the last thing we've heard, and our file remains "In Process" on e-CAS. Buffalo has had all required documents/fees for our application since Oct. 5th.

Knowing every case is different and you can never truly predict, what do you think is a decent estimate to get our RPP? Anyone have any knowledge as to what process is happening now? I had read the request for RPRF came near the end of the process once they were sure landed status would be granted. But since they didn't have his FBI report when this request was made, it makes us wonder if we've got many months still to wait.

Any opinions are welcomed. Thanks all!

amnarb

Sep 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is now a permanent resident!! We landed at the Prescott/Ogdensburg POI..

Landing Experience: We first drove across the bridge into the U.S. to flagpole to land back in Canada. The Canada side is far nicer than the U.S. side. Anyway,we just had to do a U-turn then handed us a yellow slip and parked and went inside. They only asked a few questions verifying things on the COPR and it was painless. I was done in about 10 min. Overall it was very easy experience and so relieved that it is over

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
sigh i cannot stand it anymore... i am fighting an uneven war again the stupid bureaucracy. Now the problem is in about a month FBI expire... one more problem again... i am so tired of all this

S

SaugaBoss

Dralon said:
sigh i cannot stand it anymore... i am fighting an uneven war again the stupid bureaucracy. Now the problem is in about a month FBI expire... one more problem again... i am so tired of all this
one thing after another! its never ending! itll b 7 months for me soon and people got their PPR in 2 months... really frustrating.

i'm still confused about a work permit under NAFTA but once i get a job offer i am going to give it a try... the CIC call center just emails me links which arent helpful

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
SaugaBoss said:
the CIC call center just emails me links which arent helpful
since when they have been helpful :p

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
Haha, good one Dralon ;)

I'm approaching 8 months...I think my heart hardens a little every time I read the forum and see that somebody landed after 2 months. It's sad because I'm usually such a caring, and understanding person. This process could really take ones sanity :p

frenchie123

Aug 11, 2009
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/L.A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2010
Passport Req..
16-11-2010
My husband FBI check was expired when we sent it, so hopefully they wont request another one from you Dralon

USA2BCCANADA

Star Member
Aug 11, 2010
Oregon, US
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2010
AOR Received.
01-09-2010
Med's Done....
01-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-9-2010
VISA ISSUED...
1-10-2010
LANDED..........
30-11-2010
Well, I officially landed yesterday and it was super easy! I had to import a car, a pet, and all my stuff so I had no "goods to follow" list. No one ever came to look at my car, never opened the truck to check anything out, and they actually told me to leave my cat in the tr and not to bring her in to customs and they never even looked at her vet paperwork. Overall, a simple and painless procedure.

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
Well to keep you up to date again fighting with the person that answered me i finally got the answer that they sent the CSQ again on Nov 30th. Now i cannot believe how some people at Quebec immigration are jerks

the 1st call The lady was nice
the 2nd call i made the guy was clueless and told me to wait
the 3rd one the guy was a jerk i almost lost my temper.. he told me the department to send the paper was overloaded
the 4th one She was nice and felt bad that it had not been done
the 5th one was also a jerk but i got what i wanted

Sorry to say but why all the guys were clueless or jerks and the ladies are helpful... anyway i am building up a case once everything is done
i am filing formal complaints on both immigrations... they piss me so much