Passport Req..
16-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2010
LANDED..........
19-11-2010
kalew2010 said:
PPR from NYC today!! :)
congrats kalew2010! how exciting! and you applied in july through buffalo?

frenchrock

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
Massena, New York, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
04-06-2010
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
waived
Med's Done....
26-04-2009 (expired/waived)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2010
LANDED..........
pending
I wanted to update everyone that I received my visa yesterday in Buffalo! When I get home from work tonight, I'll post my Buffalo experience.

I can't believe this process is almost over! I may not be landing for a couple of months, due to work requirements...but my wife can't wait to see that visa in my passport this weekend! :)

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
frenchrock said:
I wanted to update everyone that I received my visa yesterday in Buffalo! When I get home from work tonight, I'll post my Buffalo experience.

I can't believe this process is almost over! I may not be landing for a couple of months, due to work requirements...but my wife can't wait to see that visa in my passport this weekend! :)
It's a beautiful thing no? I stared at mine a lot for the few days before I landed. It was a bit of a shock when the IO drew a big ugly line through it lol It was so shiny and meant so much. Now until I get my PR card all I have is a cruddy looking carbon copy of COPR. It's beautiful too lol

frenchrock

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
Massena, New York, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
04-06-2010
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
waived
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2010
LANDED..........
pending
Vervain said:
It's a beautiful thing no? I stared at mine a lot for the few days before I landed. It was a bit of a shock when the IO drew a big ugly line through it lol It was so shiny and meant so much. Now until I get my PR card all I have is a cruddy looking carbon copy of COPR. It's beautiful too lol
Yes, it's hard to keep myself from staring at it all day long. :) I have started my post-landing list of things to do (mostly vehicle-related)...yet, as the list grows longer and longer, I find it hard to stress after realizing how much waiting and planning it took just to get to this point. I'd rather have the opportunity to deal with the stuff that comes after-the-fact!

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
another day with the same feeling that my files have been forgotten in a dark dusty corner

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
Dralon said:
another day with the same feeling that my files have been forgotten in a dark dusty corner
I was frustrated I hadn't gotten an email reply today - but I forget, that Buffalo isn't open on Wednesday. :(

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
can_usa_97 said:
I was frustrated I hadn't gotten an email reply today - but I forget, that Buffalo isn't open on Wednesday. :(
isn't that nice to work for the government and work only 4 days a week

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
Dralon said:
isn't that nice to work for the government and work only 4 days a week
It would be nice- meanwhile we are waiting, twiddling our thumbs wondering whats going on. :(

frenchrock

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
Massena, New York, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
04-06-2010
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
waived
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2010
LANDED..........
pending
So about the Buffalo trip...

I arrived in Buffalo on Monday afternoon. Checked into the hotel (The Millenium, near the airport...adjacent to the Galleria, good eats nearby. Decent hotel, would stay there again). I had my GPS stolen recently, so I had a pile of printed maps ready to go. I didn't want to get lost, and really had no idea how traffic would be on Tuesday morning. So after a very restless sleep, I was up at 4am, preparing to check out of the hotel and get ready to go. From the hotel, it was a 15 minute drive to the HSBC Center. Traffic wasn't much of an issue...a little thick on I-90/190 but at 6am on a Tuesday, it's very manageable. Parking was no issue - the lot across the road opens at 6am and it's early-bird parking for $5.50. Here's a link to show you where it is:

http://www.allproparking.com/app.aspx?st=141015&e=lotdetail&areaID=1&lotareaid=1&lotid=150&lotisactive=True

Access to this garage is on Exchange Street, not Washington Street, as I found out. There is a tunnel that connects the parking garage to the HSBC Center. I walked in the building at 6:25am and found myself in the main lobby through the first set of main doors that you see. The guard told me to wait by the escalator, since the Visa office doesn't open until 7:30am (important time to note, since the website says 8:00am).

I went to Tim Hortons for a large coffee and found my way back to the escalators around 7am. As mentioned previously -- there is FREE WiFi at the Tim Hortons location, which is at the basement level. From the main lobby, go down the escalator to get to Tim Hortons. It's important to mention that you must wait at the BOTTOM of the escalators for the guard. I was the first one there, and the lineup forms rather quickly after 7am. If you're first, be sure to form the line and be at the front of it.

At 7:30am sharp, the guard comes through and whisks us up the escalator and to the main lobby desk. I got my badge, which has your visitor number on it. You are instructed to stick it on your chest, to the right or the left. I discarded the paper backing in the wastepaper basket at the main desk. The guard will give you instructions regarding the elevator. Easy enough...Floor #30 with the Canadian Flag on the elevator button. You're on your way up to the Buffalo Visa Office!

Once you're up there, you are greeted by another guard. He instructs you to turn off your cell phone, if you have one. I told him that I was there for Permanent Residence Visa, and he told me to form a line down the hall on the RIGHT. To the left of the barrier is a line for Visitor Visas. You will be lining up on the right of the barrier to go to the middle window, which is #5. Window #4 is for Visitor Visas, Window #6 is Cashier, Room #3 is an Interview Room. You are looking for Window #5 - Permanent Residency. Once you are called to the window, you are instructed to pass through your passport, copy of the PPR E-mail or letter, and your two photos -- YES, they are only looking for two photos (I brought four, just in case...the PPR stated three...but they only want two). She never asked for the letter with your height and eye color...I asked her about it, and she took it from me, advising that the information should already be on file and that it wasn't necessary. She asked me to have a seat and that I should be ready "within the hour." The guy right behind me went next, and was told the same..."within the hour."

As we sat and chatted, the room quickly filled up. The line became longer and longer. They would periodically call people up to Window #6 to make payments, or to #3 Interview Room...the line for Permanent Residence Visas getting longer and much slower as time went on.

I was the first one called with another gentleman that was 4th or 5th in line. I was at the window at 8:55am (approx. 70 minute wait from the start) and was shown my Canada Visa sticker inside my passport, which shows you the expiry date. She states that you must land in Canada on or before that date. For me, it is the expiration of my passport, as my medical expired in April. For most others, it will be the date of your medical expiry. She gives you a big white envelope with your COPR inside. She asks you to review the COPR for any errors before you leave, and that you're all set. I checked mine over thoroughly, and all of the information was correct. Off I went! You approach the guard, and he asks you to remove the visitor pass from your chest and throw it in the garbage. I was walking out of the building at 9:05am.

One thing I wanted to note. The people that showed up later and were further back in line...they were STILL in line when I was leaving. They hadn't even been up to the window yet to hand over their documents. If you don't get there early and secure your place in line at the front at the escalators, you potentially could be there for awhile!!!!

Basically a straightforward process, same as most others that have posted their experience. If there is anything specific that you are interested to know that I haven't mentioned, please feel free to reply or send a PM. It's an amazing feeling to walk out of that building with a Canadian Visa in your hands, after the effort that you put into it.

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
Vervain said:
Sauga I think we should throw a virtual party when you get your PPR!! I am frustrated for you!
Consider this my RSVP I'm in :)

Dralon said:
Ditto :(

some day....OVER THE RAINBOW...eh?! ;) Keep your chin up!

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear that some people are still waiting :( Wishing you all a speedy process. Dralon and Saugaboss, I've seen you here since the begining of our process and wishing you both especially a super speedy process.

Emily RugBurn

Dec 14, 2009
New York State
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
File Transfer...
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
07-07-2010
Interview........
waived 14-10-10
Here's an update re: my husband's (lost) medical results.

A few days ago I posted that we received a letter from Buffalo indicating that they do not need an interview (at this time, anyway - YAY!), and that although they have confirmation that my husband's medical was completed, they do not yet have the results. His medical was completed on July 7th, so I was concerned.

I faxed the Ottawa Regional Medical Office on Monday and asked if they a) had the results, and b) if they could let me know if they had been sent to Buffalo yet or not, and they replied via e-mail on Tuesday (although we didn't get it until today since it went straight into my husband's junkmail folder). SO glad I thought to ask him to check it `cause I was about to send them another fax! Here's what they said:

"Good afternoon:

In response to your fax to our office, the information being asked about has been located and has been resent to the office processing the application. ( a spelling variation prevented the information from transmitting and matching initially). For further information, please contact that office.

I trust this is helpful.

Regards,
XXXX XXXXXX"

So it looks like a spelling error was the culprit! I'm about to e-mail Buffalo to ensure they have received the medical results from Ottawa. (I think I read somewhere that they are sent electronically, so they could already be in their possession.) Here's hoping!

FYI -- DO NOT use the fax number for the Ottawa Regional Medical Office that is listed on the CIC website. I tried it and there was no answer. The fax number I used successfully was: 613-954-8653. However, in the signature at the end of the e-mail I received from them, they list the fax # as 613-941-5043, so I can only assume that either of these fax numbers are acceptable.

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
Well I arrived home this morning to find a letter from Buffalo in my mail box. I am still waiting to hear via email, so I am just going to wait that out.

They are asking for my FBI certificate, which I mailed and they GOT 9/23. This request is dated 10/15. Oddly, the day I emailed them.

I'm not sure what to do. Wait for them to reply -or is this their reply>? I emailed them at 4pm central time. So it have been 5 that day.

Frustrating.
I will regardless schedule an appointment for the 2nd print, but I knwo someone called the MP. Ugh. I know it was received there.

CaraPK

Apr 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-10
Doc's Request.
19-08-2010
AOR Received.
12-08-2010
File Transfer...
17-06-10
Med's Done....
10-05-10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-10-10
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-10
LANDED..........
28-11-10
For those interested in other people's timelines, my PPR came by email this afternoon (2 days after e-cas changed to "Decision Made").

I just sent off my passport, photos and xpresspost return envelope to the Fort Erie address. Now I just need it to be returned to me by November 17th, so that I can get back into the States!