Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
October 8, 2010 Mailed it October 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 15, 2010 Received in mail Oct 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Driving to the border on Friday!!!
SaugaBoss said:
Good news from the MP he called me today and told me they found the FBI clearance and it is in my file! He said if your file is not complete within 3months give him a call back and he will contact them again since it is in background check right now. he said it can be sooner than 3 months which im sure it will be! now just hoping the background check will be done in a couple days...or weeks ... :-X
That's great news. I'm hoping that it will come really soon for you and Dralon. Good luck you two.

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fafi said:
LOL, this is hilarious, I was just about to ask if I should be worried that e-cas hasn't shown that my medicals been red'c and I've been in process for a bit now. Guess I can relax.
Yes you can relax....We did not hear anything or got any updates on e-cas then PPR via e-mail arrived....

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
Well, that's it!!! We landed tonight. Very cut and dry at POE. My IO was neither stern nor friendly and I didn't get my 'Welcome to Canada' but nonetheless it is DONE!! Was awesome because as we were exiting Customs my nine year old YELLED at the top of his lungs, "We did it Canada!! We're IMMIGRANTS!! The immigration officers that were standing around outside were all smiling and laughing. It was a moment to remember!!! ;D

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vervain said:
Well, that's it!!! We landed tonight. Very cut and dry at POE. My IO was neither stern nor friendly and I didn't get my 'Welcome to Canada' but nonetheless it is DONE!! Was awesome because as we were exiting Customs my nine year old YELLED at the top of his lungs, "We did it Canada!! We're IMMIGRANTS!! The immigration officers that were standing around outside were all smiling and laughing. It was a moment to remember!!! ;D
Hahahaha....That was very cute!

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a cross post:

Hi, another update from me and my husband. We drove to Buffalo today to obtain my husband's PR. It was uneventful until we actually got to the 30th floor. However, the weather was miserable!!!! Lots of rain. We were there first (or maybe second) but decided to hang out at Timmy's--not a good idea because when we went back at the bottom of the escalator (we were told to wait there), there was a number of people waiting. So my advice is get your coffee stand at the bottom of the escalator to form a line (hopefully you are first). The website said they open at 8am-wrong. We were told that the office will open at 7:30 am and just needed to wait, again, at the bottom of the escalator. Anyway, when we came back we were 5th in line, not so bad I guess. The security came and got us to go to the security desk. We we asked for our passport-even the ones that were there to accompany the applicant. We were given a visitors pass (sticker with info) told to go to the elevators, press the button with the Canadian Flag (30th). When we got there, another security. He asked if we were there for PR, we said yes, he told us to form a line on the right to go to booth# 5 and to turn off our cell phones. We were second in line for PR-the first 3 people were there for visitor/worker/student permit. When it was our turn to go to booth, we gave them everything that was asked plus an additional information they were asking from the email--a copy of our marriage certificate. The lady also said that my husband is visitor number 9, as per the sticker and it will take about 1 hour, 2 the latest and we can have a sit, they will call his number. We did not submit the marriage cert with the application because we recently got married and we were told to wait 12 weeks to request. I just put a note on the application explaining exactly that with a copy of Record of Solemnization of Marriage. We got the marriage certificate 12 weeks after our wedding but since they never asked for it, not until the PPR via e-mail, I never really sent it (I should've!). Moving along, after about 1 hour or so the person before us was called and given her PR. We were excited because we knew we were next. However, they called 5 more people--people after us! We got worried at this point as we did not know what had happened but we did not fuss about it or even asked the lady what happened or why the other people were processed first before us. We figured, it must have been the marriage cert was missing and has to go through its own process and that's why I said I should've sent it as soon as a received it. We waited another hour listening to more people after us being called for their PR. There were a lot of people in that room because it was not only for PR but for all sort of immigration status I supposed. All seats have been taken and some were standing waiting while people are standing in line (2 lines, 1 PR, 1 other). When they were giving out visitors number, we heard more than 100 (119?) but not sure if that was the number of people that was inside of that room but it was full, filled and hot. Around 10:15, the lady in booth 5 finally finished the line up for that booth. She then left, and took some "processed" PR back with her (they were in a green folder). And as soon as she sat down she called #9 and we just jumped up off our sit. We were given directions, told to make sure that name, date of birth, etc is correct on the landing papers. Make sure you read the letter, though for instructions.

We went shopping after since we know the area quiet well :). We had lunch at Walden Galleria and went to the outlet mall near Lewiston Bridge/Border. We drove to the border at 2 pm-no wait/line up and the IO asked us a bunch of question. We were given a yellow paper and were told to go to the Immigration Office. There were a few people waiting in line, including a family who was trying to land as well. We were there for maybe 15 minutes including wait time. It is true, the women did the paperwork, while the guys stand around waiting for more people with yellow slip to show up and I think they were hoping they would have to search those people to keep them busy. LOL. My husband was given a bunch of information ie. how to apply for SIN, etc. was asked a few confirming question about his dual citizenship but nothing major. The IO congratulated him and actually said "Welcome to Canada".

Let me know if you have any additional question or clarification. If I know the answer, I will share.

Cherlyn

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
jancath410 said:
This is a cross post:

Hi, another update from me and my husband. We drove to Buffalo today to obtain my husband's PR. It was uneventful until we actually got to the 30th floor. However, the weather was miserable!!!! Lots of rain. We were there first (or maybe second) but decided to hang out at Timmy's--not a good idea because when we went back at the bottom of the escalator (we were told to wait there), there was a number of people waiting. So my advice is get your coffee stand at the bottom of the escalator to form a line (hopefully you are first). The website said they open at 8am-wrong. We were told that the office will open at 7:30 am and just needed to wait, again, at the bottom of the escalator. Anyway, when we came back we were 5th in line, not so bad I guess. The security came and got us to go to the security desk. We we asked for our passport-even the ones that were there to accompany the applicant. We were given a visitors pass (sticker with info) told to go to the elevators, press the button with the Canadian Flag......
I think I saw you :) as you describe, because I was there yesterday, too. And I remember a couple.
Everything went well with me after an hour I get back my passport I think I was the first one who was called for PR.

Question: How can I change my name in the easiest way? I want to use my married last name. However I filled my application under my married name they used my name after my passport( do not have time and oportunity to cange my passport before/after filling). They said must match each other.(make sense).
But I want to have on the GC my married last name. (without ordering an other GC). They said contact CIC.
Can I solve this when I am landing at the border?

Any opinion?

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cherlyn said:
I think I saw you :) as you describe, because I was there yesterday, too. And I remember a couple.
Everything went well with me after an hour I get back my passport I think I was the first one who was called for PR.

Question: How can I change my name in the easiest way? I want to use my married last name. However I filled my application under my married name they used my name after my passport( do not have time and oportunity to cange my passport before/after filling). They said must match each other.(make sense).
But I want to have on the GC my married last name. (without ordering an other GC). They said contact CIC.

Any opinion?
OMG! That was you?!? haha! My husband even said "I bet there's someone here from the forum!"....ahahahaha....

Cherlyn

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
jancath410 said:
OMG! That was you?!? haha! My husband even said "I bet there's someone here from the forum!"....ahahahaha....
Yeeep, I read a NG magazine.
I had the same tought but I wasn't sure till the last moment I will go on the 14th so I just not posted.

iLoveSnow

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cherlyn said:

Any opinion?

If it's anything like it is in the States, you'll have to wait until you become a citizen before you can change your last name.

mrsprogram

Star Member
Sep 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2010
AOR Received.
02-06-2010
Passport Req..
15-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2010
LANDED..........
07-08-2010
Congrats Wmaiter, Vervain, jancath410 and Cherlyn!! :D

Saugaboss, glad they found the FBI clearance. They "found" my husbands a few days after they said to send it. ::)

Cherlyn

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
iLoveSnow said:
If it's anything like it is in the States, you'll have to wait until you become a citizen before you can change your last name.
Ohhh NOOOOOOO. Don't freak me out. Has to be a solution.
At least with a GC reorder I can solve the situation but the thing is I want to receive from start how I want.

SimpleMan

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
jancath410 said:
This is a cross post:

Hi, another update from me and my husband. We drove to Buffalo today to obtain my husband's PR. It was uneventful until we actually got to the 30th floor. However, the weather was miserable!!!! Lots of rain. We were there first (or maybe second) but decided to hang out at Timmy's--not a good idea because when we went back at the bottom of the escalator (we were told to wait there), there was a number of people waiting. So my advice is get your coffee stand at the bottom of the escalator to form a line (hopefully you are first). The website said they open at 8am-wrong. We were told that the office will open at 7:30 am and just needed to wait, again, at the bottom of the escalator. Anyway, when we came back we were 5th in line, not so bad I guess. The security came and got us to go to the security desk. We we asked for our passport-even the ones that were there to accompany the applicant. We were given a visitors pass (sticker with info) told to go to the elevators, press the button with the Canadian Flag (30th). When we got there, another security. He asked if we were there for PR, we said yes, he told us to form a line on the right to go to booth# 5 and to turn off our cell phones. We were second in line for PR-the first 3 people were there for visitor/worker/student permit. When it was our turn to go to booth, we gave them everything that was asked plus an additional information they were asking from the email--a copy of our marriage certificate. The lady also said that my husband is visitor number 9, as per the sticker and it will take about 1 hour, 2 the latest and we can have a sit, they will call his number. We did not submit the marriage cert with the application because we recently got married and we were told to wait 12 weeks to request. I just put a note on the application explaining exactly that with a copy of Record of Solemnization of Marriage. We got the marriage certificate 12 weeks after our wedding but since they never asked for it, not until the PPR via e-mail, I never really sent it (I should've!). Moving along, after about 1 hour or so the person before us was called and given her PR. We were excited because we knew we were next. However, they called 5 more people--people after us! We got worried at this point as we did not know what had happened but we did not fuss about it or even asked the lady what happened or why the other people were processed first before us. We figured, it must have been the marriage cert was missing and has to go through its own process and that's why I said I should've sent it as soon as a received it. We waited another hour listening to more people after us being called for their PR. There were a lot of people in that room because it was not only for PR but for all sort of immigration status I supposed. All seats have been taken and some were standing waiting while people are standing in line (2 lines, 1 PR, 1 other). When they were giving out visitors number, we heard more than 100 (119?) but not sure if that was the number of people that was inside of that room but it was full, filled and hot. Around 10:15, the lady in booth 5 finally finished the line up for that booth. She then left, and took some "processed" PR back with her (they were in a green folder). And as soon as she sat down she called #9 and we just jumped up off our sit. We were given directions, told to make sure that name, date of birth, etc is correct on the landing papers. Make sure you read the letter, though for instructions.

We went shopping after since we know the area quiet well :). We had lunch at Walden Galleria and went to the outlet mall near Lewiston Bridge/Border. We drove to the border at 2 pm-no wait/line up and the IO asked us a bunch of question. We were given a yellow paper and were told to go to the Immigration Office. There were a few people waiting in line, including a family who was trying to land as well. We were there for maybe 15 minutes including wait time. It is true, the women did the paperwork, while the guys stand around waiting for more people with yellow slip to show up and I think they were hoping they would have to search those people to keep them busy. LOL. My husband was given a bunch of information ie. how to apply for SIN, etc. was asked a few confirming question about his dual citizenship but nothing major. The IO congratulated him and actually said "Welcome to Canada".

Let me know if you have any additional question or clarification. If I know the answer, I will share.

Thanks for the info

frenchrock

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
Massena, New York, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
04-06-2010
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
waived
Med's Done....
26-04-2009 (expired/waived)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2010
LANDED..........
pending
jancath410 said:
This is a cross post:

Thanks for sharing your experience...I am scheduling myself to go this Tuesday (arriving in Buffalo on Monday for some Galleria shopping)...my only question is related to the time that you actually were able to leave the building with the PR. I have a meeting in Rochester at 1pm for work and want to make sure that I will make it in time. ;)

plumosa

May 27, 2010
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
17/06/2010
File Transfer...
10/05/2010
Med's Done....
30/11/2009
Interview........
waived-letter dated 27/07/2010
Passport Req..
20/09/2010
VISA ISSUED...
28/09/2010
LANDED..........
28/09/2010
i was done by 1030 and I showed up at 830 in the morning. Not sure if that gets you done in time for Rochester or not....

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
Dralon said:
since i am sick and cannot sleep well let's answer for Sauga.. a mp is a Member of Parliament
Thanks. I'll read up on it online.

SaugaBoss said:
Good news from the MP he called me today and told me they found the FBI clearance and it is in my file! He said if your file is not complete within 3months give him a call back and he will contact them again since it is in background check right now. he said it can be sooner than 3 months which im sure it will be! now just hoping the background check will be done in a couple days...or weeks ... :-X
Good luck!! I hope that it's a speedy process for you now!! (and me and Dralon as well!! ;) )