iLoveSnow

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iLoveSnow said:
Anyone know how to check eCAS? I mailed my application on the 21'st of August, but don't have a receipt of any kind or anything. I haven't received one yet.
I did find the receipt from where I paid $550 and tried using that number with my own and my wifes surname and info but neither works.

S

SaugaBoss

iLoveSnow said:
I did find the receipt from where I paid $550 and tried using that number with my own and my wifes surname and info but neither works.
its probably not activated yet i would wait until u receive thee sponsorship approved for stage 1 then u should be able to log on to E-cas..

iLoveSnow

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks SaugaBoss. I was just curious...hopefully the sponsorship gets approved soon then. :)

Cherlyn

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
ljane79 said:
The officer at the border told me that I can stay in Canada for up to 6 months. The actual regulation reads " up to 183 days, in any 12 month period of time ". I'm not sure if they can check it, but I'm sure if they find out it ain't pretty. I've heard of one person getting kicked out and their permanent resident application was subsequently denied.
How about 8 month? 4 month in Canada travell outside for 3 weeks and 4 month once again. And the same for the next year. I don't think anything is wrong with it.

nelly72

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ljane79 said:
I got my receipt for my RPRF in the mail today!!! Come on PPR ;D

For those that are new to this thread: RPRF= Right for permanent residence fee AND PPR= Passport request
For any other immigration acronyms check out this thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/immigration-acronyms-t3007.30.html
Hello, how did you pay your RPRF? I found out today that my application is "In Process" Buffalo but I also paid my RPRF online today. The receipt was emailed to me but now I don't know what to do with it. I have not received our Sponsor Approval letter yet so I don't even have my CI No.

Thanks,
Nell

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Sent with entire application Miss.
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
October 8, 2010 Mailed it October 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 15, 2010 Received in mail Oct 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Driving to the border on Friday!!!
nelly72 said:
Hello, how did you pay your RPRF? I found out today that my application is "In Process" Buffalo but I also paid my RPRF online today. The receipt was emailed to me but now I don't know what to do with it. I have not received our Sponsor Approval letter yet so I don't even have my CI No.

Thanks,
Nell
Hi Nell,
You have to send it to Mississauga so they can process the money. This thread should help you.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t48369.0.html;msg420272#msg420272
Lj

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
SaugaBoss said:
i would be happy if they actually requested it :( then i would be surely getting my PPR soon :D but i paid it in advance without a request :(

but on a good note i am in Canada yaaay ;D ;D ;D waiting for the rest of the process to finish in canada.... and for the first time the border people stopped me bc my inlaws picked me up and saw my app on process and asked if im working i said yes bc i technically didnt quit yet and she asked if im getting paid i said yea i am im salaried some really dum,b questions they asked me how long i said for 2-3 weeks..... which might be longer if i dont get my PPR :-\ but i always never left the date i told them i would this is the first time this happened do they actually track you down i didnt get a stamp she said ok u can go for 2 weeks i asked her do i need a temp visa she said no ur fine... anyone ever get in trouble for extending in Canada. (my husband did in the USA for extending stay without tellng the border people) is it same for CanadA??

bc so many times i told them 1 week stayed for 3 months but this time its kind of weird with them giving me a yellow slip to go inside and stuff..

Sauga: I get the same thing every time I cross. The yellow slip is just to let the guards inside know why the guard at the booth sent you in. Unless they stamp you, or give you a visitor record you can stay up to 6 months. I took a personal leave at work, so I'm still technically employed for the next 6 months while I am "visiting". They won't track you down, but you may have problems crossing in the future. I only say that because I was up in Canada for 6 months last year, and now every time I cross I have to bring a substantial amount of proof that I have ties to the US and will go back eventually, unless my paperwork is approved.

Good luck! Hope we hear news soon and get a PPR!

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kerianne said:
Sauga: I get the same thing every time I cross. The yellow slip is just to let the guards inside know why the guard at the booth sent you in. Unless they stamp you, or give you a visitor record you can stay up to 6 months. I took a personal leave at work, so I'm still technically employed for the next 6 months while I am "visiting". They won't track you down, but you may have problems crossing in the future. I only say that because I was up in Canada for 6 months last year, and now every time I cross I have to bring a substantial amount of proof that I have ties to the US and will go back eventually, unless my paperwork is approved.

Good luck! Hope we hear news soon and get a PPR!
If passport does not get stamped and my husband stays for 6 months and then goes back to the US, will it show a history of how long he was "visiting" the next time he crosses over?

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
I'm assuming it will. Since I crossed after my first 6 month period of visitation they started bringing me in and asking me lots of questions and to show ties back in my hometown. It's all in the system, every time you cross. It only becomes a problem to cross multiple times for prolonged periods of time if you cannot prove any ties to the US. For example, owning property (a home, condo, etc.), a lease or rental agreement, a job, or any bills that you pay are proof enough to compel you back to your home town.

There's not a whole lot on this topic online either. I've searched to try and find some helpful advice, but with no luck. Unless you're specifically told to leave on or by a certain date, once a guard allows you into Canada, you have 6 months from the date you enter to leave. They may hassle you, and ask questions of why you were there longer than stated when crossing, but as long as you have ties back home and leave when you're supposed to, there shouldn't be major problems.

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kerianne said:
I'm assuming it will. Since I crossed after my first 6 month period of visitation they started bringing me in and asking me lots of questions and to show ties back in my hometown. It's all in the system, every time you cross. It only becomes a problem to cross multiple times for prolonged periods of time if you cannot prove any ties to the US. For example, owning property (a home, condo, etc.), a lease or rental agreement, a job, or any bills that you pay are proof enough to compel you back to your home town.

There's not a whole lot on this topic online either. I've searched to try and find some helpful advice, but with no luck. Unless you're specifically told to leave on or by a certain date, once a guard allows you into Canada, you have 6 months from the date you enter to leave. They may hassle you, and ask questions of why you were there longer than stated when crossing, but as long as you have ties back home and leave when you're supposed to, there shouldn't be major problems.
I'm a bit worried about that because he does not have ties back in the US. He used to live with his parents so no property and no lease agreements and just a couple of visa bills and bank accounts....do you think that will do?

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
That's the reason I never crossed to wait it out. If I were to settle my affairs enough to be able to spend 6 months, I wouldn't have any ties left and I was so afraid of getting denied at the border with no where to go once they turned me down. :S

So I, personally, decided not to risk it and just stayed here. Lots of people have had success though, so...

S

SaugaBoss

i dont plan on going back to the USA until i get my PPR which should be soon *hopefully* so i should be fine then bc i plan on driving to buffalo and coming back the same day

officially 2 months since in process with Buffalo and no update.... since AOR :mad: :mad: :mad: i hope some news in the morning!

no one else in Buffalo got a PPR this week so far either...i hope Buffalo isnt slowing down again

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
giggles1985 said:
That's the reason I never crossed to wait it out. If I were to settle my affairs enough to be able to spend 6 months, I wouldn't have any ties left and I was so afraid of getting denied at the border with no where to go once they turned me down. :S

So I, personally, decided not to risk it and just stayed here. Lots of people have had success though, so...
I have been married for almost 12 years... 12 years this October 30th actually... I have been separated from my husband since July 22 and every day is harder and harder... He didnt come with me because we needed to get my daughter in to school and the fear of being turned back at the border with a Uhaul full of stuff was way too much... I have reached a point where I am ready to move our stuff closer in the states and have him come visit.... my big fear is that they will tell us he cant come across and it will break my heart and then he is stuck with no place to live because we moved him from Michigan to Montana.

I wish that Buffalo would just get on with things and give him his PR... i miss him so much.

wmaitner

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Buffalo decided to take the winter off and is on vacation in New Zeeland until May.. (just kidding, no one kill me..) ::)

SaugaBoss said:
i dont plan on going back to the USA until i get my PPR which should be soon *hopefully* so i should be fine then bc i plan on driving to buffalo and coming back the same day

officially 2 months since in process with Buffalo and no update.... since AOR :mad: :mad: :mad: i hope some news in the morning!

no one else in Buffalo got a PPR this week so far either...i hope Buffalo isnt slowing down again

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
SaugaBoss said:
that makes me laugh i thought i was impatient about hearing from Buffalo :p 4 month officially the 26 of september and no news whatsoever... seems they hate me and my wife or they dislike application from quebec