Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
Buffalo is known for losing or misplacing documents
Boy, you're not kidding! I couldn't believe it when they said to forward the RPRF receipt again. No wonder we've been waiting so long.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On the other hand, I sent the RPRF receipt ONLY to Mississauga and got a letter from them saying that they had informed the VO and Buffalo never had to ask me for it! But the CSQ, which was in the same envelope mind you, apparently didn't have as much success. So it really is a crap shoot as far as what people's personal experiences will be. That's why it's so understandable yet frustrating when people post questions like, "how long will it take for me to be processed?" If there is so much variability just about which documents will actually make their way into someone's hands, what do you think that says about guessing the complete processing time? Ya know? :D
kitchloo said:
Boy, you're not kidding! I couldn't believe it when they said to forward the RPRF receipt again. No wonder we've been waiting so long.

Mark5

Star Member
Dec 13, 2011
About sharing interview experience. Sorry guys i have been sleeping all day. But not much to tell
I was in NY a day before interview date by Bus and to return to Canada same day bus.
The interview last at about 30 to 45mins.
The questions are straight forward question as it applies on the application form but
the IO just keep repeat same questions in different version just to get me confused.
In most of the questions she asked me, she never did allowed me to finish explaining
as she just keep cutting me off. Yes i was begining to get angry but hold it in.
She later told me that she know our relationship is genuine but they just want to check
for some missing information on my form and if i have any more pic which gave her. After
that she never did looked at the pictures but tells to wait she can go print my Visa.
After my Visa was issued with a COPR i quickly return the bus station so as not to miss
the bus. I landed same day but last and was welcome by the IO that processed my
Paperwork. I have gotten my SIN and OHIP today but waiting to recieve my actual
card with the PR card in the mail with few weeks.
It feels good to live a normal life with my wife. Goodluck to everyone awaiting interview.

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
Mark5 said:
About sharing interview experience. Sorry guys i have been sleeping all day. But not much to tell
I was in NY a day before interview date by Bus and to return to Canada same day bus.
The questions are straight forward question as it applies on the application form but
the IO just keep repeat same questions in different version just to get me confused.
In most of the questions she asked me, she never did allowed me to finish explaining
as she just keep cutting me off. Yes i was begining to get angry but hold it in.
She later told me that she know our relationship is genuine but they just want to check
for some missing information on my form and if i have any more pic which gave her. After
that she never did looked at the pictures but tells to wait she can go print my Visa.
After my Visa was issued with a COPR i quickly return the bus station so as not to miss
It feels good to live a normal life with my wife. Goodluck to everyone awaiting interview.
CONGRATS!!! so happy for you!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulation again, Mark. No wonder you're tired, taking the bus back and forth is not the most relaxing thing. Which bus did you take, Megabus? How did you do the landing at the POE?
Mark5 said:

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
Mark5 said:
Thank you for sharing. Wish you guys a fabulous life in Canada. Did you get to have your pictures and papers back?

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
It is a wonderful news, Mark5! Congratulations and all the best to your new chapter of normal life!

Mark5 said:

Mark5

Star Member
Dec 13, 2011
AW2011 said:
Thank you for sharing. Wish you guys a fabulous life in Canada. Did you get to have your pictures and papers back?
Yes, the whole picture was return back to us bcos it was inside an Album.

Mark5

Star Member
Dec 13, 2011
ddobro2 said:
Congratulation again, Mark. No wonder you're tired, taking the bus back and forth is not the most relaxing thing. Which bus did you take, Megabus? How did you do the landing at the POE?
Yes, the landing was at the POE.
Using flight was never in my thought so i use the Greyhound Bus from my city wish is affordable.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And you were able to land via Greyhound bus?

And by the way, if you want to share your specific dates, I can add you to the spreadsheet.
Mark5 said:
Yes, the landing was at the POE.
Using flight was never in my thought so i use the Greyhound Bus from my city wish is affordable.

FloridaNative

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-10
AOR Received.
01-13-11
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to get a letter of eligibility for permanent residence? My husband and I have been waiting over 14 months, and I am need of OHIP. I was told at Service Ontario that if I provide a letter of eligibility they will provide me with temporary OHIP until I receive my Permanent Residency. Any help for advice would be greatly appreciated.

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
Just got an email earlier today from NYC requesting for additional document to be submitted by Mail within 60 days. They also ask for RPRF, which I (the applicant, not sponsor) have already paid in Feb2012 (application was filed in Sep2011), and have sent the receipt/copy to CPC-M/NYC. Think I'll need to call CPC-M to confirm their receipt of RPRF.

/Quote/

Further processing of your immigration application requires the following documents and/or information to be submitted to our office as soon as possible. We strongly encourage you to submit these documents in one package, whenever possible, to the Canadian Consulate General in New York. All documents have to be submitted by mail. We do not accept documents by email. Be sure to quote your file number on all the documents you submit to the Consulate. You must advise this office immediately in writing of any change in your civil status or family composition (i.e. marriage, divorce, birth of new child, etc.) or mailing address.

(NOTE: Documents not in English or French must be accompanied by certified translations).

- Original police certificates from HONG KONG for YOU.

- Original police certificates from the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigations - USA) are required for YOU. FBI instructions can be accessed at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp. As the FBI may take more than 60 days to issue police certificates, these may be sent separately at a later date.

The following processing fees are outstanding: Right of Permanent Residence Fee paid by your sponsor at the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga. Send the original receipt to CPC Mississauga. Please provide this office a copy of the receipt once the fee is paid.

Please provide within 60 days from the date of this letter, the information/documentation requested above. If you fail to submit the information and/or documents listed above within 60 days, no reminder will be sent to you and your application will be assessed on the basis of the information that is already on the file. This may result in the refusal of your application.

This office does not acknowledge receipt of documents. If you have complied with all instructions and undertaken all steps, allow 90 days before requesting status of your application.

For Consul

Immigration

/Unquote/

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wait, I'm so confused. I was posing the question to Mark5. I didn't realize you already landed, so congratulations on that. I actually didn't even realize you went in for an interview. I'm really glad that you are done because you have been on here waiting for ages! In any case, thanks for sharing - now I know that apparently it's possible to land on public transportation (in my experience taking Amtrak from NYC to Montreal, I was given no opportunity to get my study permit upon presenting my Quebec CAQ to the agent who boarded the train, so I had to make a separate trip by car, which is fine because I had to pick up stuff I had mailed to myself at a border post office anyway). I can understand how people got angry, although it's only 10 minutes, sheesh (people can be so selfish).
Eddy070 said:
Yes. It was not easy because the Bus driver had to stop and keep the whole passenger in
the Bus waiting for me and one other student from the US just get our paperwork processed.
In just about 10 to 15mins everything was done but most passengers where angry some even
thinks we where in some type of trouble with the Border Agent. Lol

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
10-15 min is not a bit deal really. I travelled many times via greyhound bus and it normally takes >45mins for a full bus load of passengers to cross the border. There was one time I travelled with only another passenger on the bus. I was so happy but eventually it turned out to be almost an hour wait for that passenger to clear. It's not a selfish thing on her part though; it just that she did not have a return travel proof and got a lot of questions asked, and we were going into US that may explain!

ddobro2 said:
I can understand how people got angry, although it's only 10 minutes, sheesh (people can be so selfish).
(

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Well I heard from the MP today and she said everything is done and looks good.All there waiting on is for the RCMP background check to comeback.But the downside is theres no timeline on how long it will take.I should of known it wouldnt be all good news.