Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
From what I understand, it can be from any DMP that Canada will recognize and accept for immigration purposes.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

vanwilder said:
hello friends I have a question please give me your ideas. I have all the paper work ready to submit my sponsorship application for my wife except the medical report of my wife. My wife lives in usa and has a student visa. Our application would be out land through buffalo. At present she is out of usa and is in her home country . she would be back to usa after 3 months. My question is Can she submit the medical report from her home country? or it has to be from DMP from USA. Any idea folks please let me know. I will really appreciate it

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
mjh49783aa said:
From what I understand, it can be from any DMP that Canada will recognize and accept for immigration purposes.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx
Thanks a lot my friend! Anyone has gone with similar situation please let me know. Is it ok to get medical report from any DMP from any country ( I would be submitting sponsorship application for my wife as an outland buffalo application USA) or does it have to be a medical report from one of the DMP from USA. I would appreciate any ideas.

yooper

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Detroit, MI USA -> Sechelt, BC CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
w/ app
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
ddobro2 said:
The losing documents, entering email information incorrectly, entering address information incorrectly or not at all, and sending stuff to sister offices without mentioning it to the person is getting really old. I'm now starting to think that it's a lack of organization and attention to detail that may be to blame for the FUBARdom over there and not their tendency to work on whichever applications they want, no matter how old or new they are, and be completely random and inconsistent. Or maybe it's a mix of both. So I propose to CIC a new policy: from now on, please give preference to librarians to fill vacancies in immigration officer positions. Surely someone who has mastered the Dewey Decimal system is not going to have problems keeping people's files and the information in it organized.
ddobro2: My file # was mistyped in the PPR email sent to me. Didn't seem to matter, but basic errors like that are quite serious. Since they also only every communicated with me by email, I consider myself lucky that they didn't mis-type the email address -- or I could've been waiting for months until I got GCMS notes.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Any DMP will do. I went to Canada for my DMP appointment. It doesn't have to be from the USA.

For me to do it in my state, I'd be going on a 350+ mile drive. So I thought, why do that when I can just go across the river?

And you're welcome. :)
vanwilder said:
Thanks a lot my friend! Anyone has gone with similar situation please let me know. Is it ok to get medical report from any DMP from any country ( I would be submitting sponsorship application for my wife as an outland buffalo application USA) or does it have to be a medical report from one of the DMP from USA. I would appreciate any ideas.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Like they did in my case. Definitely get the GCMS notes once you get that gut feeling. It will really save your bacon!
yooper said:
I consider myself lucky that they didn't mis-type the email address -- or I could've been waiting for months until I got GCMS notes.

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes ddobro2 , I haven't received any letter after my file transferred to Buffalo. I have a work permit and live in Canada. Maybe because I live in Canada , makes it take so long. They did not ask me any additional documents . I really do not know what is the problem.

ddobro2 said:
I really think there's no hard and fast rule about what they choose to start checking first. It depends on the file. Are you seriously still waiting since freakin January? Do you know what's making it take so long?

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
ddobro2 said:
So, in response to my inquiry sent Dec. 30 saying that I'd love to know what is preventing my criminality assessment from being completed and the security assessment from being commenced (per what was shown on my last batch of GCMS notes, plus the fact that the incoming communications part of the notes said they got a copy of the CSQ but in another part of the notes it said, "CSQ outstanding".................................................I just got a response from the email address corresponding to the non-F off Dept. saying, "Your file has been put in the que for the officer to assess." So chances are I'm "queue"d up behind someone from July. ::) Ah God, how much longer?
You may disagree that it's good news, but I got PPR a week or two after I was told my file was in queue to be reviewed by an officer. Hopefully it's the same for you!

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
pmary said:
Hi
does anyone know the Security & Criminality Checks is before or after genuinity of relationship checks ? Also dose Medical before them?
My GCMS notes showed Buffalo reviewed my application and commented on the genuine nature of my relationship on the same day the file was moved to "in process" last July. It appears they looked at everything else after that. Just anecdotal evidence, not a hard and fast rule.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Hmm.... Slow day at the forum today.

I'm just taking a break from filling out these B4A forms. This I would have to say is a LOT of work! I'm quite surprised, and I thought I'd be done by now.

I have to admit that I threw out a lot of stuff just so I didn't have to write them on the damned forms, too! But that's okay. It was stuff that needed to go, anyway. ;D

jacobsdennis

Oct 21, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011
File Transfer...
07-03-2011
Interview........
07-12-2011
Passport Req..
07-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
mjh49783aa said:
I have just received my COPR from Detroit today, and I will be landing in two days!

It also looks like everything we put into the application that was not the application itself; chat logs, phone bills, photographs, marriage certificate, etc.... all came back as well.

Detroit also sent an 'important notice' letter, stating they they put a visa in my passport, but upon looking through the passport, no visa was found. (which was expected) I guess I'll have to talk to someone at the border about that, because I'll be wanting a SIN number on Monday, driver's licence, etc....
CONGRATULATIONS!!! It's finally happening!!!!!!!!

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
mjh49783aa said:
Hmm.... Slow day at the forum today.

I'm just taking a break from filling out these B4A forms. This I would have to say is a LOT of work! I'm quite surprised, and I thought I'd be done by now.

I have to admit that I threw out a lot of stuff just so I didn't have to write them on the damned forms, too! But that's okay. It was stuff that needed to go, anyway. ;D
I don't have a lot stored back at my parents' place anyway, but I have to admit I was super vague on my forms. I put down stuff like, "clothes" and "small home decorations." I only listed out larger stuff that 1) I could distinctly remember or 2) I knew had a real value to it. The border guard didn't even bother to look at my list other than to see I had a car on it and to ask where it was at that point in time (i.e. was I trying to land with it right then or not). Seriously, he glanced at it when I got there when I gave him all of my documents, then handed them back while he processed my landing. Then right at the end he took them back, saw the car and asked about that, then stamped the two copies I had and gave me one back. I don't even think he bothered to see that I had attached the extra B4 form in back.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
I didn't think I had a lot of stuff, either. Nevertheless, I ended up filling out not only the B4 form, but six more B4A forms all in total. I feel it's thorough enough without being too thorough. Now I'm making a duplicate. By hand! (no photocopier here) So, my hand is pretty well cramped at this point. :eek: I do have a complication, though. I didn't print enough B4s, so I can't write a duplicate. It probably won't matter, but I only had two copies printed, and the first one went to chickenscratch. It's all regarding stuff that's coming with me as I land, so I just don't lose the one I have, and I think I'll be okay.

AmericaninQuebec said:
I don't have a lot stored back at my parents' place anyway, but I have to admit I was super vague on my forms. I put down stuff like, "clothes" and "small home decorations." I only listed out larger stuff that 1) I could distinctly remember or 2) I knew had a real value to it. The border guard didn't even bother to look at my list other than to see I had a car on it and to ask where it was at that point in time (i.e. was I trying to land with it right then or not). Seriously, he glanced at it when I got there when I gave him all of my documents, then handed them back while he processed my landing. Then right at the end he took them back, saw the car and asked about that, then stamped the two copies I had and gave me one back. I don't even think he bothered to see that I had attached the extra B4 form in back.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
It's possible you might not have all that much farther to go. The GCMS notes are a little hard to understand at first glance, but you might want to check the dates on those two CSQ related notes. I have a feeling that the 'CSQ outstanding' note will have an earlier date on it, whereas the 'CSQ received' should have a later date on it.

I had to read the notes several times to understand that my file had went to Detroit at around the 19th of last December, and that all checks were done, as I couldn't find anywhere in the notes saying anything that was actually outstanding. They had them collated backwards, too. I had to read the 'inner page numbers' (gasp!) and actually read it back to front by the pages for it to actually make sense! Yeah! The beginning was actually the LAST page in my case!

Also, in the notes, they we're squabbling a bit about the medical results, how they were waiting to get them for a while, and how they had to do a followup to get them so they could proceed on my file.

So it's possible that they probably were trying to give me a PPR around Christmas time. It may as well that I had missed it anyway, as Christmas was busy enough as it was. Between that, and trying to land, too? Waaaaay to much stuff to deal with!! I would've just sat on the COPR, entered with my visitor record, and if there were any questions, claim to have not received the COPR yet, and then just deal with it after New Years. :)

I'm really pulling for you, though. I'm sure you'll get a PPR very soon. Just keep the faith.
ddobro2 said:
So, in response to my inquiry sent Dec. 30 saying that I'd love to know what is preventing my criminality assessment from being completed and the security assessment from being commenced (per what was shown on my last batch of GCMS notes, plus the fact that the incoming communications part of the notes said they got a copy of the CSQ but in another part of the notes it said, "CSQ outstanding".................................................I just got a response from the email address corresponding to the non-F off Dept. saying, "Your file has been put in the que for the officer to assess." So chances are I'm "queue"d up behind someone from July. ::) Ah God, how much longer?

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Yep! ;)
jacobsdennis said:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! It's finally happening!!!!!!!!

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
I'm done for the night, and I'm all prepared for tomorrow's landing. Wish me luck!