05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
ddobro2 said:
Okay, did you want to know what they say so far or what they'll say when I get the 4th batch back? Because I don't have a problem with telling you what they completed for me, but that's not necessarily going to be the same case for your file. And canuck, between you and me, if you get your PPR before me I'll congratulate you but I'm sorry, I will not be very happy. Because if a landing fee paid in November will get you PPR faster than one paid back in July or August, then even when you pay the RPRF fee really makes no difference. In fact I don't think anything makes a difference anymore, it's that completely random. If I were to do this again, and assuming I am not being slow-tracked because I have been in Canada for some time, instead of applying when I did in early May, I would have either filed in March and just sent in my police certificate whenever I got that back from the FBI because they were finally able to read my fingerprints (I waited in order to submit a complete package per the instructions, but apparently it would have behooved me to NOT follow the instructions, hindsight 20/20), or I would have filed in June, as apparently I would have already likely been done.
The biggest irony of all, is that when we filed in May we submitted my no criminal record FBI document that was dated in December 2010. On the cover letter I had my wife write down that we already sent off for a new FBI document and as soon as Buffalo requested one we'd send it to them -- going by the logic of it surely being back in Canada by the time someone in Buffalo touched it to send off a request. They never even requested another, and on the same night our daughter was born, I was hit with a PPR email.

More than that, through my experience with both the CIC and the USCIS, is that akin to social workers, these employees work at.. whatever pace they work at. Quite a number of them take their job seriously and do things both thoroughly and in a timely fashion, some others perhaps have a bad day and put an app in limbo with security checks, or flat out just move slowly. Mayhaps your file (and others) got placed in a stack with a worker who isn't in any rush.

Nonetheless, one of the reasons I visit the forum so often is to see that post that you've got your PPR/COPR. Crossing my fingers for you, I really am. :)

mlag76

Aug 4, 2011
Hi all,

I've only posted a few times, but I've always appreciated the help I've received! I just received an email re: my PR application is ready for visa issuance, but that it has been transferred to Detroit. All of my previous correspondence has been through Buffalo. Does this mean anything? And does anyone have any advice for mailing my passport there and getting it back quickly? And two very simple questions: does this mean that I've now been approved for the PR? And, once I have received the passport back with the PR stamp, am I eligible to work in Canada (and get an SIN) or do I have to wait for a card? My apologies for the simple questions!

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mlag76 said:
Hi all,

I've only posted a few times, but I've always appreciated the help I've received! I just received an email re: my PR application is ready for visa issuance
Congratulations!

mlag76

Aug 4, 2011
One additional question: I am living with my wife in SW Ontario, can I just go down to the border in Buffalo to get my PR stamp, or do I have mail my passport (now to Detroit because of the transfer)? Thanks!

mlag76 said:
Hi all,

I've only posted a few times, but I've always appreciated the help I've received! I just received an email re: my PR application is ready for visa issuance, but that it has been transferred to Detroit. All of my previous correspondence has been through Buffalo. Does this mean anything? And does anyone have any advice for mailing my passport there and getting it back quickly? And two very simple questions: does this mean that I've now been approved for the PR? And, once I have received the passport back with the PR stamp, am I eligible to work in Canada (and get an SIN) or do I have to wait for a card? My apologies for the simple questions!

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
updates:I sent an email yesterday evening and got a reply email from VO saying my application is in progress, no furthur action is required at this time...

imp

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2011
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
Med's Done....
17-05-2011
Passport Req..
09-01-2012
mlag76 said:
One additional question: I am living with my wife in SW Ontario, can I just go down to the border in Buffalo to get my PR stamp, or do I have mail my passport (now to Detroit because of the transfer)? Thanks!
I dunno if you got a different letter than the one I did from Detroit or not but mine said that my visa could only be issued at the Detroit office. There was a URL in the e-mail they sent with instructions on how to send things to Detroit.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
ddobro2 said:
ROFL - that was a good one, Quince. No but seriously, I am not blaming anyone for finishing before people waiting 2-3 times longer (let's call it finishing prematurely). Like I told canuckofchicago, I would be happy for him and send him a congrats, but unless you want me to lie, I would at the same time not be very pleased at what that meant in terms of actions that applicants take having an effect on the processing of their applications. Sorry, but I just can't hide that. When I first applied and was on this thread I saw the same feelings being communicated by the "older" applicants and as much as I wanted my PPR, I acknowledged that it was only fair that Buffalo finish with the people whose patience has been tested the most before they move on to giving out visas to those that are newly-arrived to the waiting game. And obviously I still feel that way as my patience continues being tested.
I agree with you 100%!

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
You might be able to go to Detroit and pick it up. You will have to look at the information that was sent with the PPR, such as the link to the Detroit Embassy. My best suggestion is to contact them by phone if you can. I know with LA you can go on specific days (Tues and Thurs) I believe and get it just like you do in Buffalo...but as is the norm for CIC, there is no consistency....

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Evidently I bugged the California DMV-IS at the right time.

People in Ontario coming from CA need to specifically make sure when trying to get a drivers abstract for their C/G swap to request a H5/first issuance, and mark that on the INF 1125 (or w/e document they use) in big writing "H5" or "first issuance". Otherwise if they don't know your intention they'll send you a most recent driving record and DriveTest will inform you that doesn't help at all, because they just want to verify the time you've driven and not so much your most recent record. DriveTest, ironically, after waiting forever for them to figure out why my license was insufficient after being told they were aware of how long I had been driving, didn't tell me a word about requesting this specifically, just "drivers abstract".

I'm not sure if there's any specific time frame as to how long from landing I can get the swap but I hope it isn't 90 days like I've been randomly hearing.

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
I got the IMM1017 from the DMP and he send one copy to Ottawa and they told him they will attach to my file and I scanned and emailed the scan to Buffalo yesterday , but got no response from them. ???

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
nhl1011 said:
updates:I sent an email yesterday evening and got a reply email from VO saying my application is in progress, no furthur action is required at this time...
I got that same one last year, its B.S. , :mad:

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Buffalo needs the original copy 2, not a scan of it.
prophet3 said:
I got the IMM1017 from the DMP and he send one copy to Ottawa and they told him they will attach to my file and I scanned and emailed the scan to Buffalo yesterday , but got no response from them. ???

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, that is indeed ironic. So your FBI cert was already 6 months old when they got it at Mississauga and it wasn't flagged as expired? Well, I guess the more inconsistencies regarding the rules we see, the more it makes people question the whole point of following the rules. I know I am. Most people want to follow the rules and they review the guidelines CIC sets out painstakingly. And if in the end it doesn't matter after all, then what's the point?

I really appreciate you rooting for me, though, Bargeld. And I'm so happy that you got your PPR when you did - new parents should not have to worry about bureaucratic matters when they've got newborn babies they need to concentrate on.

Bargeld said:
The biggest irony of all, is that when we filed in May we submitted my no criminal record FBI document that was dated in December 2010. On the cover letter I had my wife write down that we already sent off for a new FBI document and as soon as Buffalo requested one we'd send it to them -- going by the logic of it surely being back in Canada by the time someone in Buffalo touched it to send off a request. They never even requested another, and on the same night our daughter was born, I was hit with a PPR email.

More than that, through my experience with both the CIC and the USCIS, is that akin to social workers, these employees work at.. whatever pace they work at. Quite a number of them take their job seriously and do things both thoroughly and in a timely fashion, some others perhaps have a bad day and put an app in limbo with security checks, or flat out just move slowly. Mayhaps your file (and others) got placed in a stack with a worker who isn't in any rush.

Nonetheless, one of the reasons I visit the forum so often is to see that post that you've got your PPR/COPR. Crossing my fingers for you, I really am. :)

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
ddobro2 said:
Buffalo needs the original copy 2, not a scan of it.

Ok thanks, I am gona mail that out to them tmorrow.

jkemp

Aug 10, 2011
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I have not been around in a bit because life has been crazy with changes, positive changes. i up and moved from New York state to be with my wife and have been waiting out the process. My wife and I opened up our email a week or so ago and we were surprised to see this;

Dear Applicant:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are now in a position to finalise your application.

Within the next 30 days please submit either your passport(s) or a photocopy of the bio-data page of your passport(s) as well as any page containing an amendment of the: name, passport number or expiry date, or any page showing the bio-data of dependants.

We also require two (2) recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family member.

The issuance of your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) or passport photocopies as requested. You must submit these items by mail. We recommend that you submit a prepaid envelope for the return of your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document(s) and passport(s). Please refer to our mailing instructions for further information.

Please note, though your passport(s) or passport photocopies are due at our office within the next 30 days, you must check your documents upon receipt. There will be a validity date indicated, and you must become a Permanent Resident on or before that date. The validity of the Confirmation of Permanent Resident documents cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after landing, please consult the website regarding residency requirements in order to ensure that you retain your status in Canada.