App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2011 Buffalo, transferred to New York on 16-Jan-2012
Med's Done....
06-Sept-2011
Passport Req..
05-March-2012
We sent our applicatino on 9 Sept, 2011, and I got sponsor approval on 25 Nov, 2011 and it said that our application has been forwarded to Buffalo at that day. we also got Application no. start from letter "F" followed by 9 digits.

We found "Criminal conviction information" requirement in CIC website for NZ citizen has been changed recently (but we don't know when it's changed). We want to provide another NZ Police form to CIC. My question is whether we can send this additional form and other relevant documents to buffalo office now? Or we need to wait until we get File No.(start from letter "B") for my husband's application, then send the additional form?

Thanks a lot~~~

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Me neither. I don't think it's one of the essential tests so this DMP went above and beyond. I personally wouldn't have minded getting one for what I was paying but my DMP was not exactly a small family clinic, thus they included only the minimum they were required to.
Quince777 said:
I haven't done pap in my immigration medical either, that's why I'm surprised that somebody is having it done. I decided I would ask others to make sure it's not a standard procedure for all immigration medicals.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You already do have the file number. It's the number starting with F followed by 9 digits you mentioned in your first sentence. Bxxxxxxxxx and Fxxxxxxxxx are basically different versions of the same things, the file number. The consensus here has been that one represents the electronic file, the other the physical. Send in the police form to Buffalo, sure. Make a copy first.
sandraqi said:
We sent our applicatino on 9 Sept, 2011, and I got sponsor approval on 25 Nov, 2011 and it said that our application has been forwarded to Buffalo at that day. we also got Application no. start from letter "F" followed by 9 digits.

We found "Criminal conviction information" requirement in CIC website for NZ citizen has been changed recently (but we don't know when it's changed). We want to provide another NZ Police form to CIC. My question is whether we can send this additional form and other relevant documents to buffalo office now? Or we need to wait until we get File No.(start from letter "B") for my husband's application, then send the additional form?

Thanks a lot~~~

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sandraqi said:

Thanks a lot~~~
You can send additional information now if you want but I'd suggest to wait until you get AOR from Buffalo. But from my experience the file number you get on your sponsorship approval matches the file number at Buffalo consulate. So basically you already have your file number and can send correspondence using this file number.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
Me neither. I don't think it's one of the essential tests so this DMP went above and beyond. I personally wouldn't have minded getting one for what I was paying but my DMP was not exactly a small family clinic, thus they included only the minimum they were required to.
Maybe his/her fees are higher since she'll be paying for additional lab tests. I called a few DMPs before seeing one and was surprised at differences in their fees and of course I went to the one who had lowest fee.

Pigey

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
23-02-2012
Interview........
Waived! WOOT!
Passport Req..
28-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
19-01-2013
I just reviewed the entire Medical Report (IMM1017) and no where does it state that a pap smear is required. I'm all about being thorough, but a stranger doing a pap smear? Maybe not.... Yeah, the exam is pretty pricey here too. I nearly spit our my coffee when he told me how much.

ddobro2 said:

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do it in Canada if you can, you'll save a bit that way.
Pigey said:
I just reviewed the entire Medical Report (IMM1017) and no where does it state that a pap smear is required. I'm all about being thorough, but a stranger doing a pap smear? Maybe not.... Yeah, the exam is pretty pricey here too. I nearly spit our my coffee when he told me how much.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's true, but I never once shopped around for DMPs using the criteria of what tests would be included and I doubt others do or would. It's not like you're getting specialized care. Would be nice to see something informative about given test once you ask for the medical results from ATIP but I don't think that would substantiate a big difference in price for including the test, since it's not like you can take that back to the DMP and have a conversation about the health of your cervix, you know? Or maybe you can, I'm not the world's most knowledgeable person when it comes to healthcare and doctor visits, unforch.

Quince777 said:
Maybe his/her fees are higher since she'll be paying for additional lab tests. I called a few DMPs before seeing one and was surprised at differences in their fees and of course I went to the one who had lowest fee.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By the way, I've also read on our thread of people reporting breast exams for females. I bet those would be somewhat more common than the pap smears, but still rare. The only thing you'd probably have to disrobe for is the chest x-ray, and you only remove everything above the waist and they give you a paper covering to wear while they take the x-ray. That was my experience.
Pigey said:

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
That's true, but I never once shopped around for DMPs using the criteria of what tests would be included and I doubt others do or would. It's not like you're getting specialized care. Would be nice to see something informative about given test once you ask for the medical results from ATIP but I don't think that would substantiate a big difference in price for including the test, since it's not like you can take that back to the DMP and have a conversation about the health of your cervix, you know? Or maybe you can, I'm not the world's most knowledgeable person when it comes to healthcare and doctor visits, unforch.
No, I didn't shop for DMPs based on tests that were included, in fact I didn't know what tests were included anyways. Just in general I had an option of a few DMPs that I could go to and before seeing one I asked how much they charge for the whole medical test. I learned that there was no standard fee for the medical, so of course I went to see one who charged the least.

It's just the idea that some DMP is doing an additional test - pap smear - that's not required makes me think this woman would be paying extra for an additional lab test.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly.
Quince777 said:
No, I didn't shop for DMPs based on tests that were included, in fact I didn't know what tests were included anyways. Just in general I had an option of a few DMPs that I could go to and before seeing one I asked how much they charge for the whole medical test. I learned that there was no standard fee for the medical, so of course I went to see one who charged the least.

It's just the idea that some DMP is doing an additional test - pap smear - that's not required makes me think this woman would be paying extra for an additional lab test.

imp

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2011
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
Med's Done....
17-05-2011
Passport Req..
09-01-2012
I just got my PPR.. I am shaking.. lol I know I haven't been particularly active in this thread but I thought I'd at least share that I got my PPR now. My ecas had changed to in process on December 1st and I was hoping that it would be here soon but I wasn't holding my breath. So excited! Sending good thoughts for those of you who are still waiting!

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imp said:
I just got my PPR.. I am shaking.. lol I know I haven't been particularly active in this thread but I thought I'd at least share that I got my PPR now. My ecas had changed to in process on December 1st and I was hoping that it would be here soon but I wasn't holding my breath. So excited! Sending good thoughts for those of you who are still waiting!
Congratulations! Very happy for you!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats. So your e-cas changed to "decision made" before you got the PPR email? I just heard about someone on another thread with another VO have his e-cas go to decision made and he still has not received PPR, so this is an interesting set of events given that we often hear about people landing and not having e-cas go to "decision made" until months later. I guess CIC is playing around with it now.
imp said:

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
imp said:
Congrats!! Do a nice long happy dance! That's what I did. :)