09-09-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
22-07-2012, PR card rec'd 21-09-2102
yooper said:
So do tell about your experience so far. I understand there were some changes w/ a new IMM-0008 form done somewhat electronically / fillable ????
Yes, you fill it out online...then still have to print it LOL. Such an um... interesting process...and so much paper. My husband couldn't fathom the idea that we couldn't just scan everything in and send it off somewhere. The biggest frustration was getting my report from the FBI. My fingerprints were rejected the first time. Of course I didn't find that out for six weeks then had to redo...took about 16 weeks total for me to get my report. Our process was further slowed down because during the time we were getting things together my cat died (16 years!) and my father passed away and my stepson was in the hospital. Quite frustrating really. And all the while, we just want to be together living and working like a normal married couple. argh! Sorry, I didnt mean for that to be a rant lol but I guess I needed to vent.

But it is off at least! We have started, finally! And this forum has been a HUGE help to me. I haven't posted much but lurking about and reading has really helped. Now I just hope I get lucky and processed super fast like seems to happen to some folks on occasion randomly! haha

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rouge said:
Cool!
also I find it weird that it has the date that CPC Mississauga received our application, not Buffalo. Is this normal?
Yeah, I was wondering about the same thing ::) Does anybody else got the AOR letter with the date it was filed in Mississauga?

imp

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2011
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
Med's Done....
17-05-2011
Passport Req..
09-01-2012
Quince777 said:
Yeah, I was wondering about the same thing ::) Does anybody else got the AOR letter with the date it was filed in Mississauga?
That's how mine was as well back in late August. I figured since it was signed Buffalo that it was AOR though.

yooper

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Detroit, MI USA -> Sechelt, BC CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
w/ app
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
Landed!

Just a bit under 7 months. Hard to believe its done. So I got home here in BC -- legally now -- and checked my email. ECAS was updated about 4 hours BEFORE I got to Peace Arch to say 'decision made'. They must have seen me coming.

The landing wasn't much to report on. Very low key and uneventful. As ddobro2 advised, they didn't need any immigration pictures. (They said sometimes they have to replace the picture, if you screw up your signature... and that's why they ask for two, and return one w/ the passport.)

Only thing that was different than what I expected was that I was asked 'how much money do I have in my checking account'. Everything I've read on CIC's website says spousal sponsorship doesn't require financial information -- so I don't know why that question was asked. But it was.

Again, best to all, and I do hope to check in from time to time and see how things here are going.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yooper said:
Landed!

Just a bit under 7 months. Hard to believe its done. So I got home here in BC -- legally now -- and checked my email. ECAS was updated about 4 hours BEFORE I got to Peace Arch to say 'decision made'. They must have seen me coming.

The landing wasn't much to report on. Very low key and uneventful. As ddobro2 advised, they didn't need any immigration pictures. (They said sometimes they have to replace the picture, if you screw up your signature... and that's why they ask for two, and return one w/ the passport.)

Only thing that was different than what I expected was that I was asked 'how much money do I have in my checking account'. Everything I've read on CIC's website says spousal sponsorship doesn't require financial information -- so I don't know why that question was asked. But it was.

Again, best to all, and I do hope to check in from time to time and see how things here are going.
Congrats on your landing and being over with this process! I'd love to have "uneventful" landing story myself (if I ever get it - who knows?) - I think it's the best one after everything we go through;D

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
Congrats Yooper! I hope my landing is equally uneventful.

So this morning I got a response from the general email inquiry address at Buffalo. Apparently I annoyed someone by pointing out that it had been more than 15 days turn around time for my passport, as they felt the need to point out that 15 days is only the usual turn around in their email instead of just saying it was in the mail already.

Your passport was returned January 5, 2011 via Express Post LTXXXXXXXXXXXCA,

As indicated in the passport request, your passports will usually be returned to you within 15 business days from the day we receive them. This does not include any time it may take for the Post Office to deliver them.

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo
Immigration Section
At this point in the process there's a side of me that gets a sick satisfaction knowing I annoyed someone over on their end. :p

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Congratulations on your landing. I hope mine will be just as uneventful as yours.

yooper said:
Landed!

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
For anyone on here who landed recently, how detailed were you on your goods declaration forms? I'm preparing mine so I can go straight to the border and land when my passport & COPR come back, and I'm not certain how detailed I need to be. Right now a lot of it is rather general, for example, "clothes, shoes, small personal mementos, small home decorations," but I take the time to obviously identify any larger items such as an air conditioning unit I may bring, lamps, printer, etc., and of course my car. Did you go into further detail with the smaller items, or were they okay with a more general statement?

Most of what is still in the U.S. is really random stuff stuck in my parents' basement that they want me to either sell or move, so I'm not even certain I'll be importing it in the long run. I also can't really remember a lot of what it is in detail, because it's been sitting in boxes since 2009. I just don't want to have some grumpy customs officer get mad, because I didn't list out every single pair of shoes or photo album that may be coming with me! ::)

Pigey

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
23-02-2012
Interview........
Waived! WOOT!
Passport Req..
28-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
19-01-2013
Hi all-

My husband and I will be starting the application process by the end of the month (I hope). He is in Canada and I am in the US, which assume means that my application will go through Buffalo. We've been together for two years and recently got married. I'm hoping that the process won't take too long...

Looking forward to reading all of your posts and picking your brains. :)

Cheers-
Pigey

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pigey said:
Hi all-

My husband and I will be starting the application process by the end of the month (I hope). He is in Canada and I am in the US, which assume means that my application will go through Buffalo. We've been together for two years and recently got married. I'm hoping that the process won't take too long...

Cheers-
Pigey
Welcome! Good luck with the process!

pcdmontreal

May 20, 2011
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
No AOR
File Transfer...
14-04-2011
Med's Done....
02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-12-2011
AmericaninQuebec said:
For anyone on here who landed recently, how detailed were you on your goods declaration forms? I'm preparing mine so I can go straight to the border and land when my passport & COPR come back, and I'm not certain how detailed I need to be. Right now a lot of it is rather general, for example, "clothes, shoes, small personal mementos, small home decorations," but I take the time to obviously identify any larger items such as an air conditioning unit I may bring, lamps, printer, etc., and of course my car. Did you go into further detail with the smaller items, or were they okay with a more general statement?

Most of what is still in the U.S. is really random stuff stuck in my parents' basement that they want me to either sell or move, so I'm not even certain I'll be importing it in the long run. I also can't really remember a lot of what it is in detail, because it's been sitting in boxes since 2009. I just don't want to have some grumpy customs officer get mad, because I didn't list out every single pair of shoes or photo album that may be coming with me! ::)
Hi AmericaninQuebec,
My husband just got his passport back and COPR, and is going to land next week. He's starting to prepare his goods declaration form and was wondering if you can make up your own, or if you have to use that form: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf
Any idea ?

Thanks !

cantor2537

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-2011, 15-12-2011 (transferred to LA)
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
LANDED..........
08-03-2012
Hi guys, this is a question about US taxes.

I am Canadian, my wife is American. Right now, I am in Canada, she is in the US. How should she file her tax return? I do not need to pay US taxes do I? I know this is a stupid question but just want to make sure. She should put she is single, no? I have no US income and have not conducted business with the US

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Welcome aboard. We'll do what we can to help you along.

Pigey said:
Hi all-

Cheers-
Pigey

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011