Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PR fee............that would be the fee for the principal applicant or the RPRF fee?
Ichiro said:
Yup. My partner had the interview in September. Post interview the officer was ready to provide the PR stamp. However because we didn't pay the PR fee, now we're left waiting. PR fee was paid early Oct, Buffalo was informed November 1st by Mississauga.

I just hope the letter or email didn't get lost in the mail. Our original interview was supposed to be rescheduled, but the letter that letter got to us. We showed up for the interview on a day when they were closed. I think it was a blessing in disguise.

Ichiro

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
File Transfer...
12/02/2011
Interview........
28/09/2011
VISA ISSUED...
20/01/2012
LANDED..........
06/02/2012
ddobro2 said:
PR fee............that would be the fee for the principal applicant or the RPRF fee?
RPRF fee. We received an email one week after the interview with instructions on how to pay the RPRF fee. Paid it the next day. Confirmed with Canada post that the letter with our payment arrived the next day. Figured it would take a bit of time for Mississauga to process the fee. We recently called Mississauga and they told us they processed the payment and the info was forwarded to Buffalo November 1st.

We sent an inquiry Buffalo's email address (the one that responds). Received a relatively generic response stating that our file is in queue. And no other action is required from us.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, I see that from your signature now. Well, it's something other than the RPRF fee, seeing as that's been processed. That is usually the last step, so I doubt they've moved on to checking your security clearance or something (also evidenced by the fact that they wanted to give you the visa after the interview, had they had all the fees payed for). I would get an MP to look into it, and given that you had some mail receipt problems with them earlier, it could even involve that.
Ichiro said:
RPRF fee. We received an email one week after the interview with instructions on how to pay the RPRF fee. Paid it the next day. Confirmed with Canada post that the letter with our payment arrived the next day. Figured it would take a bit of time for Mississauga to process the fee. We recently called Mississauga and they told us they processed the payment and the info was forwarded to Buffalo November 1st.

We sent an inquiry Buffalo's email address (the one that responds). Received a relatively generic response stating that our file is in queue. And no other action is required from us.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob348a.asp. It was reported originally by rjessome on a thread she started for it and then brought to this thread's attention by americaninquebec.
Hobby said:
May I have a link where this is, or is this just mentioned in the forums, please? I have been looking for a 'hard yes' on this, so to speak. XD
Doubtful for both. Like I said, I've only heard of non-U.S. citizens having to deal with an interview request. As for denials, I've only heard of robsluv being denied but it was for an "inadmissable kid" (has since appealed and landed). Someone had figured out a way to mine the Open Date site for stats on refusals by VO and it was something like 96% approval rates for Buffalo, one of the highest if not the highest amongs the embassies.
Hobby said:
In the meantime, hoping that we're not flashed an outright denial or an interview. Please, Buffalo Visa Officers, Please Oh Please let me be with the one I absolutely adore and cherish! It doesn't even have to be an 'immediately now' situation. Just, please see that we love each other; it's a genuine relationship, there's no criminal inadmissibility issues and the applicant's healthy. Please oh please let us be with each other!

Rouge

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo ---> NY Visa office 29/2/2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
NY Visa office 29/2/2012
Passport Req..
19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2012
Happy Holidays everyone!
I wanted to know what to expect next? We got our sponsorship approval Nov. 14 and our CSQ from Quebec Dec. 9. I also email and faxed the CSQ to Buffalo just in case.
Thanks

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Perhaps an AOR via email, but mostly to wait.
Rouge said:
Happy Holidays everyone!
I wanted to know what to expect next? We got our sponsorship approval Nov. 14 and our CSQ from Quebec Dec. 9. I also email and faxed the CSQ to Buffalo just in case.
Thanks

Ichiro

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
File Transfer...
12/02/2011
Interview........
28/09/2011
VISA ISSUED...
20/01/2012
LANDED..........
06/02/2012
ddobro2 said:
Yeah, I see that from your signature now. Well, it's something other than the RPRF fee, seeing as that's been processed. That is usually the last step, so I doubt they've moved on to checking your security clearance or something (also evidenced by the fact that they wanted to give you the visa after the interview, had they had all the fees payed for). I would get an MP to look into it, and given that you had some mail receipt problems with them earlier, it could even involve that.
Yes I wanted was looking into that. Any ideas on who to contact if your locale MP position is temporarily vacant?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm contacting someone that Calgary-Bound referred to me and I don't even live in Alberta (unforch the office is kind of missing its key people this week so I'm going to have to wait for a response, according to my follow-up phone call, until Tuesday or Wednesday). I have another referral that amaranth had luck with. You can message me if you want those. As someone suggested earlier, if you don't have help from one, contact another and another until you do get help. It's as simple as that.
Ichiro said:
Yes I wanted was looking into that. Any ideas on who to contact if your locale MP position is temporarily vacant?

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
ddobro2 said:
I'm contacting someone that Calgary-Bound referred to me and I don't even live in Alberta (unforch the office is kind of missing its key people this week so I'm going to have to wait for a response, according to my follow-up phone call, until Tuesday or Wednesday). I have another referral that amaranth had luck with. You can message me if you want those. As someone suggested earlier, if you don't have help from one, contact another and another until you do get help. It's as simple as that.
That was my theory contact another and another and another eventualy you find someone that is willing to help.Atleast thats what I did.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh sorry, the someone was you. Well, I give credit where credit is due :)
Calgary-Bound said:
That was my theory contact another and another and another eventualy you find someone that is willing to help.Atleast thats what I did.

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
hello folks I am in the process of filling out application forms to sponsor my wife. I am going through the checklist. One thing i got confused with is NO. 17. that says An original option C print out of your and your co signer last notice of assessment for the most recent taxation year. ( i havent worked in canada yet in the past I used to be working in USA)

Can you please let me know . what should I do regards to this document
I also would like to know No. 22 that says Identity and civil status document. Is it birth certificate? And regards to medical examination. does my wife just need to make an appointment to one of the DMP? how long does the medical result take. is there any paper work needed before visiting doctor? Please let me know. i would really appreciate any advice and ideas. Thank you!

Hobby

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob348a.asp. It was reported originally by rjessome on a thread she started for it and then brought to this thread's attention by americaninquebec.
Doubtful for both. Like I said, I've only heard of non-U.S. citizens having to deal with an interview request. As for denials, I've only heard of robsluv being denied but it was for an "inadmissable kid" (has since appealed and landed). Someone had figured out a way to mine the Open Date site for stats on refusals by VO and it was something like 96% approval rates for Buffalo, one of the highest if not the highest amongs the embassies.
Thank you for the link!

I also appreciate the other info. Here's hoping! =D

Happy holidays to one and all!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vanwilder said:
hello folks I am in the process of filling out application forms to sponsor my wife. I am going through the checklist. One thing i got confused with is NO. 17. that says An original option C print out of your and your co signer last notice of assessment for the most recent taxation year. ( i havent worked in canada yet in the past I used to be working in USA)

Can you please let me know . what should I do regards to this document
I also would like to know No. 22 that says Identity and civil status document. Is it birth certificate? And regards to medical examination. does my wife just need to make an appointment to one of the DMP? how long does the medical result take. is there any paper work needed before visiting doctor? Please let me know. i would really appreciate any advice and ideas. Thank you!
Send your most recent tax return from the IRS. Yes, your wife must complete the medical before submitting the application. She will get a receipt that must be included in the application package. And she fills out the Appendix C in the Region Specific Guide and takes it to the exam with her. She will get the receipt of the exam as soon as it is completed. Results are forwarded to the Regional Medical Officer in Ottawa for medicals done in the US.

Did you read the checklist? It describes what identity and civil status documents are required.

Rouge

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo ---> NY Visa office 29/2/2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
NY Visa office 29/2/2012
Passport Req..
19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2012
Question, when does the 11months begin to count? When app is received or when sponsorship is approve?
Thanks

gypsy494

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
08-11-2011
File Transfer...
24-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
My husband got an email last night at 7 pm...( yup 7 pm) saying they have the app for pr. Sent in begin of Nov...at least we heard they have it.With the number and said they will contact if more info needed.

Anyhoo

Merry Christmas