12/02/2011
Interview........
28/09/2011
VISA ISSUED...
20/01/2012
LANDED..........
06/02/2012
ddobro2 said:
lol, "unwanted screwing." as opposed to *wanted*, I suppose :p Sorry just couldn't resist, I'll keep it family-friendly in honor of the season from now on.......
Its ok we don't have to keep it too family-friendly :) LOL

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well I guess I forgot to mention you when I was rattling off the oldies. Oops, you're definetely one of them.
Ichiro said:

Maple3

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2011 Recieved 16-6- 2011
AOR Received.
26-08-2011
File Transfer...
05-08-2011
Med's Done....
02-05-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
ddobro2 said:
lol, "unwanted screwing." as opposed to *wanted*, I suppose :p Sorry just couldn't resist, I'll keep it family-friendly in honor of the season from now on.......
:p haha @ddobro2!!

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Ichiro said:
Wow your still waiting also.This system is so messed up.

pcdmontreal

May 20, 2011
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
No AOR
File Transfer...
14-04-2011
Med's Done....
02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-12-2011
Thanks AmericaninQuebec, happy holidays to you and your hubby as well !
Thanks Calgary-Bound and Ichiro !

ddobro2 said:
Anywhoo, what are they asking him to send in, pcdmontreal? Just the passport pages photocopied or the actual passport?
Actually they asked either for the passport or for the photocopies, but we'll send the actual passport I think. Do you know why they ask for photocopies by the way ? I thought they were
supposed to stick the visa sticker in the passport ?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apparently because they started implementing the new procedures for visa-exempt nationals that were supposed to begin Dec. 1. They would forego the counterfoil, hence no need for the physical passport, and just deal with the other part.
pcdmontreal said:
Thanks AmericaninQuebec, happy holidays to you and your hubby as well !
Thanks Calgary-Bound and Ichiro !
Actually they asked either for the passport or for the photocopies, but we'll send the actual passport I think. Do you know why they ask for photocopies by the way ? I thought they were
supposed to stick the visa sticker in the passport ?

Hobby

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
Apparently because they started implementing the new procedures for visa-exempt nationals that were supposed to begin Dec. 1. They would forego the counterfoil, hence no need for the physical passport, and just deal with the other part.
May I have a link where this is, or is this just mentioned in the forums, please? I have been looking for a 'hard yes' on this, so to speak. XD

In the meantime, hoping that we're not flashed an outright denial or an interview. Please, Buffalo Visa Officers, Please Oh Please let me be with the one I absolutely adore and cherish! It doesn't even have to be an 'immediately now' situation. Just, please see that we love each other; it's a genuine relationship, there's no criminal inadmissibility issues and the applicant's healthy. Please oh please let us be with each other!

yooper

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Detroit, MI USA -> Sechelt, BC CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
w/ app
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
I did get my return package from Buffalo, presumably with passport enclosed. 15 days total overall. 12/6 deliver to Canada Post and 12/21 pickup at Canada Post. I sent via Fort Erie, and put my name on return envelope. This gave me a little problem to solve. CP Xpressport form they left on mailbox said I'd have to show up with government picture ID with that address on it. Since I'm outland, I don't yet have a government ID w/ new address where I'm currently just 'visiting'. Thought I'd have to bring my wife along to prove address. The happy clerks at CP just checked my ID and verified names. And off I went w/ my package.

It took 3 days on both ends to get from BC to Fort Erie -- so the processing time on CIC's end was 9 calendar days, including any border crossing time via courier. Not bad.

So when my wife returns, we'll open and see if I've been 'naughty or nice' -- and if I've been nice, will it be a counterfoil? Or a note saying just come to border? Or if I've been 'naughty' a 'play again' note?

Will let you all know tomorrow!

In the meantime, accept my wishes to all across North America for great holidays and happy visa officers.

yooper

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Detroit, MI USA -> Sechelt, BC CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
w/ app
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
Package was indeed PR visa approval, with landing instructions! Its almost hard to believe that its coming to an end.

No counterfoil. Letter saying after 12/1 no more of that, just take the form.

Now I'm quite anxious to head to the border and get everything settled.

Again -- Merry Christmas to all!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats again, yooper.
yooper said:
Package was indeed PR visa approval, with landing instructions! Its almost hard to believe that its coming to an end.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
yooper said:
I did get my return package from Buffalo, presumably with passport enclosed. 15 days total overall. 12/6 deliver to Canada Post and 12/21 pickup at Canada Post. I sent via Fort Erie, and put my name on return envelope. This gave me a little problem to solve. CP Xpressport form they left on mailbox said I'd have to show up with government picture ID with that address on it. Since I'm outland, I don't yet have a government ID w/ new address where I'm currently just 'visiting'. Thought I'd have to bring my wife along to prove address. The happy clerks at CP just checked my ID and verified names. And off I went w/ my package.

It took 3 days on both ends to get from BC to Fort Erie -- so the processing time on CIC's end was 9 calendar days, including any border crossing time via courier. Not bad.

So when my wife returns, we'll open and see if I've been 'naughty or nice' -- and if I've been nice, will it be a counterfoil? Or a note saying just come to border? Or if I've been 'naughty' a 'play again' note?

Will let you all know tomorrow!

In the meantime, accept my wishes to all across North America for great holidays and happy visa officers.
Oh yay! Happy day! They received mine on 12/8 at Fort Erie, so hopefully it made it to Buffalo at the same time as yours and it will be in the mail very soon! I just assume the office at Buffalo will be closed all of next week, and so if it's not in the mail by tomorrow it probably won't be getting back to me until after the new year. Fingers crossed!

Ichiro

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
File Transfer...
12/02/2011
Interview........
28/09/2011
VISA ISSUED...
20/01/2012
LANDED..........
06/02/2012
Calgary-Bound said:
Wow your still waiting also.This system is so messed up.
Yup. My partner had the interview in September. Post interview the officer was ready to provide the PR stamp. However because we didn't pay the PR fee, now we're left waiting. PR fee was paid early Oct, Buffalo was informed November 1st by Mississauga.

I just hope the letter or email didn't get lost in the mail. Our original interview was supposed to be rescheduled, but the letter that letter got to us. We showed up for the interview on a day when they were closed. I think it was a blessing in disguise.

Ichiro

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
File Transfer...
12/02/2011
Interview........
28/09/2011
VISA ISSUED...
20/01/2012
LANDED..........
06/02/2012
yooper said:

Congrats Yooper :)