Waived
Passport Req..
17-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
planned Jan 20, 2012
mameelynn said:
Hi! I know I have been busy asking questions here today but I'm working on getting all of our paperwork filled in today so that as soon as his passport comes in this week and once the FBI report gets here (sent it in on the 21st of Sept!) we want to get our papers sent in. Anyway I booked my husbands Medical exam today for next Monday and they told me to bring 4 passport photo's and said it didn't matter the size but I'm not sure that is right. I want to make sure that all of our stuff is as complete as possible so I just wanted to know if she was right or if we are supposed to use the photo specs from Appendix B or are these photo specs for something else? Thanks!!
I'd be sure to have the suggested photos but I'm a bit biased....

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Just checked E-CAS today, and it now says my medical results have been received.

I have a feeling that I won't have to wait much longer. Here's hoping....

jacobsdennis

Oct 21, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011
File Transfer...
07-03-2011
Interview........
07-12-2011
Passport Req..
07-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
mjh49783aa said:
Just checked E-CAS today, and it now says my medical results have been received.

If they've been received, you're SUUUUUUPPPPPPPEEEEEEEER close, my friend!!! Hang in there!!!

veronica.law

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>>>Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2011
Doc's Request.
08-03-2012 HK Police Check
AOR Received.
05-01-2011
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2011>>> Detroit
jacobsdennis said:
If they've been received, you're SUUUUUUPPPPPPPEEEEEEEER close, my friend!!! Hang in there!!!
Mine have been received on oct 24 and still nothing now ;(

yooper

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Detroit, MI USA -> Sechelt, BC CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
w/ app
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
mjh49783aa said:

We're all hoping with you. I went 'meds received' in early October, then 'in process' early November. Am hoping for PPR in early December. So far its been about 1 month or so between steps.

I also felt great getting that notice on the e-cas. At least you know they have touched your file.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
I wouldnt get to excited over ecas I would get gcms notes to see what is realy going on.I got meds recieved and in process Sep. 7th and still waiting.Not to mention I filed my app In Feb.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Indeed. I've sent out for the GCMS notes about a couple of weeks or so ago, and I'm waiting for those results as we speak.

But, I figure there's nothing wrong with a little added hope on this holiday season. ;D

Calgary-Bound said:
I wouldnt get to excited over ecas I would get gcms notes to see what is realy going on.I got meds recieved and in process Sep. 7th and still waiting.Not to mention I filed my app In Feb.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
mjh49783aa said:
Indeed. I've sent out for the GCMS notes about a couple of weeks or so ago, and I'm waiting for those results as we speak.

But, I figure there's nothing wrong with a little added hope on this holiday season. ;D
I hear you on the added hope for the holidays.Hopefully we all start recieveing are COPR letters and PPR's this week.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
Just wondering if anyone else has gotten the response, "Your file is in the queue for review with an immigration officer." or something like it from Buffalo before? That's essentially what I keep getting from the various emails I've harassed the past couple of weeks. I suppose it's either an improvement over their generic "your file is in process" or just their new and exciting way of saying the same thing. Thoughts? I'm really hopeful it actually means my file will be reviewed (and, fingers crossed, finalized) within the next few weeks, but the cynic in my says they're just bs-ing me again. If anyone else has gotten this response from them, did it come close to the time you received your PPR? I'm so hopeful, but I am trying so hard not to get my hopes up.

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The above response is what we have been getting in the last 3weeks now (Your file is in the queue for review and no further action is required by me). What a way of just telling me to shut up Blah...lol. Just not sure how long the so called review will last. So at this point we just don't even contact them anymore maybe in 2week from now if we still never gets no response from them, then we will send in another email inquiry

Timemachine

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo--->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2011
AOR Received.
23-02-2012
File Transfer...
03-02-2012
Med's Done....
17-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-05-2012
My husband FINALLY got the FBI clearance in the mail on Saturday...now he just needs to overnight it to me from California. YAYY!

I am trying to do the finishing touches on the application now including paying the fees online and I have a quick question about it before i continue:

On the payment page, after i choose the office (mississaga) i am at a page where you are supposed to indicate which permanent residence class you are paying for....so there is a section for RPRF which i selected, then there is a section called FAMILY CLASS, which i thought was the one i would be selecting (I am doing an outland spousal sponsorship)...however when i scroll down further there is also a section called SPOUSE AND COMMON-LAW PARTNER IN CANADA CLASS... so now i'm confused, do i choose this one or FAMILY CLASS? I thought spousal sponsorship fell under family class? The fees are the same for both options but i just want to make sure i select the correct one before paying the 1040....anyone know which one i should choose?

THanks

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I actually disagree that saying your file is in queue for review is an improvement over saying your file is in process. Anyway......yeah, that's a typical response from the FO department, but I thought you were emailing through to someone who was part of the processing. Are you saying you get that type of response when you email the email address/es that are NOT the generic, publically listed ones?
AmericaninQuebec said:
Just wondering if anyone else has gotten the response, "Your file is in the queue for review with an immigration officer." or something like it from Buffalo before? That's essentially what I keep getting from the various emails I've harassed the past couple of weeks. I suppose it's either an improvement over their generic "your file is in process" or just their new and exciting way of saying the same thing. Thoughts? I'm really hopeful it actually means my file will be reviewed (and, fingers crossed, finalized) within the next few weeks, but the cynic in my says they're just bs-ing me again. If anyone else has gotten this response from them, did it come close to the time you received your PPR? I'm so hopeful, but I am trying so hard not to get my hopes up.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't have this screen in front of me so I can't give you too specific advice but you do not want to attribute your payment to a "spouse/common law partner in Canada class" file.....that means inland, in so many words, which as an outlander, obviously does not apply to you.
Timemachine said:
My husband FINALLY got the FBI clearance in the mail on Saturday...now he just needs to overnight it to me from California. YAYY!

I am trying to do the finishing touches on the application now including paying the fees online and I have a quick question about it before i continue:

On the payment page, after i choose the office (mississaga) i am at a page where you are supposed to indicate which permanent residence class you are paying for....so there is a section for RPRF which i selected, then there is a section called FAMILY CLASS, which i thought was the one i would be selecting (I am doing an outland spousal sponsorship)...however when i scroll down further there is also a section called SPOUSE AND COMMON-LAW PARTNER IN CANADA CLASS... so now i'm confused, do i choose this one or FAMILY CLASS? I thought spousal sponsorship fell under family class? The fees are the same for both options but i just want to make sure i select the correct one before paying the 1040....anyone know which one i should choose?

THanks

Timemachine

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo--->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2011
AOR Received.
23-02-2012
File Transfer...
03-02-2012
Med's Done....
17-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-05-2012
ddobro2 said:
I don't have this screen in front of me so I can't give you too specific advice but you do not want to attribute your payment to a "spouse/common law partner in Canada class" file.....that means inland, in so many words, which as an outlander, obviously does not apply to you.
That's what i thought at first too, but this screen only comes up after you choose CPC-M as the office you are sending to...There was an option to select CPC-V also, which would be inland, wouldn't it?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You want the 1st, 3rd, and 4th sums in that chart, if you are sponsoring one person (spouse) only. So it's $490 + $75 + $475 total, in that order. Put a "1" in the "Number of applications" column for each of those amount; ignore everything else.
Timemachine said:

THanks