Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
AmericaninQuebec thank you for the info. Do I need to go to the border I crossed at it is like 6 hrs away?( was thinking of going to the one close by here and just asking) No when I crossed and asked for vistors I did not know for sure I was getting married we were going to do it this spring, but my Aunt was dying and my bf was having medical issues and thats why I was coming here With bf the med issues were resolved we decided to go ahead and get married.
Just was gutted how I was treated it NEVER ever happened before I read horror storys and I was always so lucky coming and going over the years.
Thank you for your help.

misslee

Oct 10, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jacobsdennis said:
Question: My partner and I will be leaving Toronto on Tuesday morning drive down to Buffalo for our interview the following day and with the several options we have for locations to cross the US border, does anyone recommend a certain border crossing (i.e. less traffic, friendly officers on both sides)? I'm wondering this for both going down to Buffalo and coming back from Buffalo. Thanks, friends!
Crossing at either the Rainbow Bridge or the Peace Bridge is the best bet, the line ups are usually not long(although it is holiday season)...I would NOT suggest the Lewiston Bridge, as most GPS systems tell you to take that bridge, hence the huge line ups...as for friendly officers its really touch and go...I love in Niagara Falls and cross every weekend...for the most part the officers are ok as long as you have all your documents in order :)

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
gypsy494 said:
AmericaninQuebec thank you for the info. Do I need to go to the border I crossed at it is like 6 hrs away?( was thinking of going to the one close by here and just asking) No when I crossed and asked for vistors I did not know for sure I was getting married we were going to do it this spring, but my Aunt was dying and my bf was having medical issues and thats why I was coming here With bf the med issues were resolved we decided to go ahead and get married.
Just was gutted how I was treated it NEVER ever happened before I read horror storys and I was always so lucky coming and going over the years.
Thank you for your help.
I'm so sorry you went through that. Glad to hear that your husband is better. I can only imagine that you had the misfortune of coming across an IO who is just a miserable person. Unless, of course, you had a U-Haul trailer full of stuff and were prancing through the Customs & Immigration office singing about how you were moving to Canada...though somehow I doubt that last scenario. Haha.

I don't think you have to go back to the original border crossing, but you should go to a larger one. I would assume they can do them at any border crossing, but I've only ever had them done at the large border crossing near me that seems to have the actual immigration officers there. Worst case scenario, if you're not too far from the border you could go down to the closest crossing a few days ahead of time and see if they'll do it. Last time I renewed mine I showed up a week early (I was down in the U.S. already picking up some prescriptions), and whether it was because of that or the fact that my PR app was "in process" the IO gave me a 6 mth visitor record instead of the normal 3 mth visitor records I'd had for the year prior.

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
Hi! I know I have been busy asking questions here today but I'm working on getting all of our paperwork filled in today so that as soon as his passport comes in this week and once the FBI report gets here (sent it in on the 21st of Sept!) we want to get our papers sent in. Anyway I booked my husbands Medical exam today for next Monday and they told me to bring 4 passport photo's and said it didn't matter the size but I'm not sure that is right. I want to make sure that all of our stuff is as complete as possible so I just wanted to know if she was right or if we are supposed to use the photo specs from Appendix B or are these photo specs for something else? Thanks!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I recall that I used U.S. passport sized photos that I had laying around anyway (only in the interest of using them up, if I had Canadian visa-sized prints ordered already, I would have used those). But it's always best to use the photos that meet the specs that are listed in Appendix B (3.5 x 4.5 inches, etc.) when you bring in your Appendix C for the medical exams.

mameelynn said:
Hi! I know I have been busy asking questions here today but I'm working on getting all of our paperwork filled in today so that as soon as his passport comes in this week and once the FBI report gets here (sent it in on the 21st of Sept!) we want to get our papers sent in. Anyway I booked my husbands Medical exam today for next Monday and they told me to bring 4 passport photo's and said it didn't matter the size but I'm not sure that is right. I want to make sure that all of our stuff is as complete as possible so I just wanted to know if she was right or if we are supposed to use the photo specs from Appendix B or are these photo specs for something else? Thanks!!

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
Well God bless the honesty of Canadian border officers. It sounds like they really found it hard to believe you were car-less (do people not realize it's still possible to live without one or something?). Haven't heard of a Canadian band called The Tea Party but I just watched a clip and I do like the global beats. Glad you were able to celebrate and congrats again :)
They're playing at the Metropolis in Montreal tonight... ;D

(This band is the reason Husband and I first started chatting... So, multi celebration, I guess! ;D )

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh wow, talk about a fitting celebration. So you're coming out to MTL for the show? Have fun in Quebec :)
amaranth said:
(This band is the reason Husband and I first started chatting... So, multi celebration, I guess! ;D )

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LOL, I guess not. Lovely. Thanks Buffalo ;)

ddobro2 said:
Oh and I think today Buffalo may actually grace us with a PPR/passport photocopy request or whatever we want to call itnow. I'm just thinking since we haven't heard from them since two Wednesdays ago they won't want to end the week for a second time without finalizing one of our files. But maybe I'm just giving them too much credit. We'll see.

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
Thanks! I saw that they are a bit different so it is always better to be safe than sorry. One more question... Are we able to send in all of our application as soon as the medical is done or do we have to wait a few days for something from the Dr? Thanks!

ddobro2 said:
I recall that I used U.S. passport sized photos that I had laying around anyway (only in the interest of using them up, if I had Canadian visa-sized prints ordered already, I would have used those). But it's always best to use the photos that meet the specs that are listed in Appendix B (3.5 x 4.5 inches, etc.) when you bring in your Appendix C for the medical exams.

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
Oh wow, talk about a fitting celebration. So you're coming out to MTL for the show? Have fun in Quebec :)
I wish! Aren't you in Montreal? You should totally go if possible. 14 years and 20 shows in, and I have never been disappointed. :D

We were in Montreal over Thanksgiving weekend for a wedding. Absolutely fell in love with the city! Already planning another trip next late summer/early fall.

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
amaranth said:
I wish! Aren't you in Montreal? You should totally go if possible. 14 years and 20 shows in, and I have never been disappointed. :D

We were in Montreal over Thanksgiving weekend for a wedding. Absolutely fell in love with the city! Already planning another trip next late summer/early fall.
Just had to chime in and say how cool for you and your husband!

My wife and I started chatting because of a band also. Good ole international love via music!

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jacobsdennis said:
Congratulations, Amaranth on finally landing...!!! I'm hoping to have a similar "pain-free" story to tell this upcoming Wednesday following our interview in Buffalo at 10am! Whatever the outcome though, I will be sharing right after the interview!
Not been here for a while now. Anyways how you find out you have an interview schedule, was it by email or snail mail?
Wishing you all the best on your upcoming interview.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do not have to wait for anything after you appear at the DMP for the medical. The DMP knows what to do, and your tests will be sent to Ottawa Regional Centre, which will forward them to Buffalo once Buffalo is ready to request them. If you're interested in the results themselves, you can check off the appropriate category when you make an Access to Information request (same form we use when we say we are ordering GCMS notes), but that's up to you.

You just need to make sure you depart with the original signed copy of Appendix C and that you include that original signed copy in your application (the other big thing that needs to be provided in original format is/are the police clearance/s, i.e. FBI cert if that's the only country the PA has lived in for more than 6 months as an adult). You can send in your application once you are sure that you've dotted every i and crossed every t and that everything listed in the checklist is accounted for in the package (including the payment of the fees, all three preferably, and the receipt proving such). Then I'd carefully make a copy of the package before making the trip to the post office.

mameelynn said:
Thanks! I saw that they are a bit different so it is always better to be safe than sorry. One more question... Are we able to send in all of our application as soon as the medical is done or do we have to wait a few days for something from the Dr? Thanks!

ddobro2 said:

jacobsdennis

Oct 21, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011
File Transfer...
07-03-2011
Interview........
07-12-2011
Passport Req..
07-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
Eddy070 said:
Not been here for a while now. Anyways how you find out you have an interview schedule, was it by email or snail mail?
Wishing you all the best on your upcoming interview.
We received a written notification via snail mail, which gave us approximately 2 months to prepare and plan the trip to Buffalo. Thanks for the well wishes.

jacobsdennis

Oct 21, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011
File Transfer...
07-03-2011
Interview........
07-12-2011
Passport Req..
07-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
I'm prepping more items of proof for our interview in a few days and am going to bring birthday, anniversary, little love notes, and so on, but I want the originals back. SHould I photocopy EVERYTHING, or can I request all that kind of proof back? Anyone know?