Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
Jan 30 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 13 2013 :D
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Today I logged on to my ECAS and I now have 2 addresses loaded...Home address and mailing address...does this mean anything?! status is still Application received however. thanks :)

SadieRoo

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/04/2013
AOR Received.
24/05/2013
Med's Request
22/04/2013
Med's Done....
18-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
None needed
LANDED..........
13-02-2014 Whoop Whoop !
Hi Everyone! I am VERY new to this and and trying to make all the right moves with paperwork etc and this has to be one of the best out there for information! My Husband and I have been married for almost 9 years now here in the US, my husband is a Canadian Citizen and I am an American Citizen and for the moment both work here in the US. We would very much like to move back to Canada to be near all my husbands family and friends, my question is the sponsorship paperwork we need to start filling out for him to sponsor me with him still being here in the US with me now. He is currently having phone interviews with jobs so for now we are still both here in the US. Is he able to sponsor me and us starting the paperwork without him having a job there at the moment? We really are stuck when it comes to filling out the sponsor questionnaire for employment, should he put his employment here in the US that he is doing now? We have got the application to sponsor, agreement and undertaking, sponsor questionnaire and the sponsorship evaluation printed out and it looks like you have to send all that together along with your fee of $75.00. While reading this it also states a few other applications that you need to send like the generic application IMM 0008 as well? Can someone help? Would really appreciate it very much!

Look forward to hearing from you!

emily_anya

May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 03 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 30 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 20 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
Jan 30 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 13 2013 :D
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi....I got some correspondence finally from Ottawa! not sure if its good or bad though...here is what is says...

Dear XXXXX :

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø RPRF, Family Class: Have your sponsor pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee in Canada. This must be received at this office by: 03/31/2013

Ø Income, proof: Proof of income for your sponsor. This includes, but is not limited to, employment letters, paystubs, tax documentation, bank statements, etc. This must be received at this office by: 03/31/2013

Ø Copy of your passport. This must be received at this office by: 03/31/2013

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable."

Is it acceptable to email scanned documents of everything? I'm assuming if they are asking me to pay the right of PR fee then its a good sign right? anyone had similar experience?

Thanks!!! :D

nsr

Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
AOR Received.
8-01-2012(Mississauga) 28-03-2012 (buffalo)
File Transfer...
26-01-2012
Med's Request
25-07-2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2011, 26 July,2013
Interview........
July 2013-passed
Passport Req..
21-08-2013, sent on 27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06 september, 2013
LANDED..........
27 september, 2013
AW2011 said:
Hi nsr,
Like you, our scheduled interview for June 2012 was cancelled due to Buffalo's closing. File was transferred to Ottawa on July 7th, 2012. We sent out numerous emails and finally were told that our file was being forwarded to LA end of October 2012 and was assigned to an officer to review. Ottawa told us that it's up to LA to decide if any further info/or interview be required. Sometime in late November 2012, ecas showed "in process" and "started processing" on xx(Date). Beginning of December 2012 came in the re-medical request in the mail. We had it done and Ottawa received the new medical early this month. Now we are waiting.
We had requested notes while our file was waiting for the interview in Buffalo and found out there's a concern note on our file. We then sent out some additional documents to address their concern. Not sure if that had helped the LA officer.
I hope you'll hear some good news real soon. Sounds like they have assigned an officer to review your file.
Hi AW2011,

thanks for the info, I check ecas lot to see if it changed to something but no luck so far, its still same for a year that application received. Anyhow I am going to order notes in couple days.

Can you clear some of my doubts,
1. Should I check Privacy act or Access to Information Act. I am confused between two. You would know because you did this.

2. Secondly is it gonna be electronic file- permanent residence or physical file-sponsorship application.

3. Do I need to add consent form of my wife to it. I am applicant and wife sponsored me. We both live in canada. She is citizen and I have study permit.

Once I got these answers I am ready to send it.

Thanks
nsr

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
nsr said:
1. Should I check Privacy act or Access to Information Act. I am confused between two. You would know because you did this.
Are you asking for your own information or information for someone else? For your own information it is "privacy act" for someone else it is "access to information". There is a $5 fee for the access to information request.

nsr said:
2. Secondly is it gonna be electronic file- permanent residence or physical file-sponsorship application.
If you have an interview or you've been rejected, ask for physical. Otherwise, ask for electronic. Physical will disrupt the normal processing of your file as someone has to get your physical file and pull it out of the queue.

nsr said:
3. Do I need to add consent form of my wife to it. I am applicant and wife sponsored me. We both live in canada. She is citizen and I have study permit.
I recommend it, so they don't have to redact any information. Or you can both sign the main form - CIC just doesn't want to reveal private information (that's one reason why e-cas is separated from GCMS - they have to balance access with privacy).

moochops

Aug 13, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2011
Doc's Request.
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-08-2011
Med's Request
new request 19-12-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2010 / 16-01-2013
Interview........
waived
congrats to all with PPR, yes my med re-request came from Ottawa, anyone have any idea how long it might be before I hear something, although I do believe I'm becoming quite the expert at waiting :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SadieRoo said:
Hi Everyone! I am VERY new to this and and trying to make all the right moves with paperwork etc and this has to be one of the best out there for information! My Husband and I have been married for almost 9 years now here in the US, my husband is a Canadian Citizen and I am an American Citizen and for the moment both work here in the US. We would very much like to move back to Canada to be near all my husbands family and friends, my question is the sponsorship paperwork we need to start filling out for him to sponsor me with him still being here in the US with me now. He is currently having phone interviews with jobs so for now we are still both here in the US. Is he able to sponsor me and us starting the paperwork without him having a job there at the moment? We really are stuck when it comes to filling out the sponsor questionnaire for employment, should he put his employment here in the US that he is doing now? We have got the application to sponsor, agreement and undertaking, sponsor questionnaire and the sponsorship evaluation printed out and it looks like you have to send all that together along with your fee of $75.00. While reading this it also states a few other applications that you need to send like the generic application IMM 0008 as well? Can someone help? Would really appreciate it very much!

Look forward to hearing from you!
Hello! Welcome =)

As a Canadian citizen, your husband may sponsor you while you are both still living in the US. He'll have to show his intent to move to Canada (referencing his job hunt and any other plans you have would be good).

There are two parts to the application: the application to sponsor (which your Canadian citizen husband would complete) and the principal applicant's application (which you would complete). You can find both parts at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

You may also want to introduce yourself over in the US Outland Applicant's thread at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-buffalo-applicants/-t106068.0.html;msg1489429#msg1489429.

oldlovey

Apr 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 21, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 25, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar. 23, 2012
Passport Req..
Dec. 18th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 31st, 2013
LANDED..........
Feb. 28th, 2013
My husband just received his COPR on the 31st of January. It took us exactly 1 year and 1 week to get to this place. That includes the mishap we had with our FBI clearance. I have had a trip planned to visit him on Feb. 12th for the past few months now, so this is impeccable timing. He will be coming home with me!!!!! All the best to everyone who is in process. It is a long time waiting, but it's all so worth it!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oldlovey said:
My husband just received his COPR on the 31st of January. It took us exactly 1 year and 1 week to get to this place. That includes the mishap we had with our FBI clearance. I have had a trip planned to visit him on Feb. 12th for the past few months now, so this is impeccable timing. He will be coming home with me!!!!! All the best to everyone who is in process. It is a long time waiting, but it's all so worth it!
Congratulations :) Hopefully his B4 is ready to go already!

oldlovey

Apr 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 21, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 25, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar. 23, 2012
Passport Req..
Dec. 18th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 31st, 2013
LANDED..........
Feb. 28th, 2013
OhCanadiana said:
Congratulations :) Hopefully his B4 is ready to go already!
Thank you, OhCanadiana! Other than the B4, (if we aren't importing his vehicle), do we need any other forms? Otherwise, we're working on that one already.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
oldlovey said:
Thank you, OhCanadiana! Other than the B4, (if we aren't importing his vehicle), do we need any other forms? Otherwise, we're working on that one already.
He needs his passport, his COPR, and the B4/B4A forms - make sure to indicate anything arriving with him, versus anything that will be brought into Canada at a later time ("goods to follow"). That's all he needs!

oldlovey

Apr 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 21, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 25, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar. 23, 2012
Passport Req..
Dec. 18th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 31st, 2013
LANDED..........
Feb. 28th, 2013
computergeek said:
He needs his passport, his COPR, and the B4/B4A forms - make sure to indicate anything arriving with him, versus anything that will be brought into Canada at a later time ("goods to follow"). That's all he needs!
Thanks, computergeek!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
oldlovey said:
Thanks, computergeek!
Landing is the easiest of all the steps. I know for me it took at most 10 minutes, total, though I didn't have any B4/B4A forms.

FALL

Nov 21, 2011
AW2011 said:
Ours came from LA after our file went into In Process end of Nov. 2012.
Our application was filed beginning of June 2011. I hope you will hear some good news soon.
Called my MP to know the status of my file and he says "not much progress to report beside the fact that they got your new clearence certificate that was sent in April 2011 becuase first one was expired". I sent the new clearence in April 2011 Buffalo received it in May according to my GCMS notes. What the **** was done since receiving file in Ottawa July 7. NOTHING. I AM SO MADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

mocool

Apr 11, 2012
mocool said:
Just got passport request on Thursday, without an interview. :D :D :D
My timeline was as follows.
Application received May 22
Sponsor approval Jul 20
VO requested scan of passport Jan. 17th
website updated today to we began processing application on January 16

from what i could see it seems like it took the office almost 6 months to look at the application and one day to approve it.

What's the quickest that anyone has received the COPR's after sending in the scan. I happen to be flying out of Toronto for the weekend and will be back next Monday. Any chance of receiving it by then so that I could just land then?
Got COPR yesterday!!

Does anyone know where if the Lewinston or piece bridge have hours that they don't process PR's. I would like to go Saturday night late at night to land.