Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, I did not know whether to add your case under Bargeld or Desert Rose. I added it under your name. You seriously got "In Process" the same day it was transferred to Buffalo, and before AOR???

Anyway, congrats. What a story. Why is it that this is not the first time I've read where people think the undetected PPR email was actually spam and in dramatic fashion, hover over the delete button, until the last split second when they realize this is in fact one of the most important emails they will get for some time, and stop what they're about to do? :p

Congrats and best wishes on your little one too.

Bargeld said:
^ That's the wife, who wanted to post. :p
Yay! Thanks everyone for the responses, btw ddobro2 put in the topic our timeline for you to put on the spreadsheet several pages back now wherever last week was. :D but here's the updated version then:

App Sent: May 27th 2011
App Received: May 30th 2011
In Process: July 5th 2011
Sponsorship Approval Date/Xfer to Buffalo: July 5th 2011
Buffalo received applicant's part (we didn't figure out if this = AOR): July 14th 2011
PPR: October 6th 2011 (day email was received)

I totally didn't expect this either, my wife just gave birth and most of my day was being occupied by checking on our little girl in the NICU and checking on wife who had to have an emergency c-section following a pretty quick and crappy turn during later stages of labour. I had just paid for wi-fi at the hospital and went to do my obligatory bedtime CIC app check to see if there were any updates, use e-mails I sent to myself with the info to copy/paste both mine and my Canadian wife's ID numbers i.e. looking at both of the separate numbers we were given to see if they might say anything different, but the email inbox had that email from Buffalo there which, being completely dead tired (like "almost nodding off while typing and nearly dropping the laptop out of my lap" tired), I almost had mistaken for spam until I read it again and remembered 99% of spam doesn't include my first/last/middle name and my application number in the subject part.

Morena

Star Member
Jul 2, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02- 2011
Doc's Request.
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
9-11-2011
LANDED..........
Soon!!!
Bargeld said:
We intend on notifying when we leave the hospital with baby. She was born very late Tuesday night, we're gonna be here for a couple days more though, since mom had a c-section and baby has needed to be in the NICU.

I just read something about if you're in Canada, sending your passport request documents goes to Fort Erie to get couriered? If this is true I wonder if we could just drive there as it isn't far at all.
Congrats to you and to your wife! we are just worry about the baby if CIC doens't know about this before. If the baby is not canadian it should land lile a resident but CIC need to knew about this when she was pregnant....i guess...PLEASE call them ASAP before you land.

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
ohhhhmigod!!

We've been having issues with Buffalo. They informed my mp's office that they were requesting medicals, but the medicals were all passed etc. So we inquired with the Ottawa Medical Examiner's office, and they said a box wasn't checked off, but that our medicals were passed and should have been on file in Feb. She gave me a phone number for the officer and said to have the MPs office call her directly. I passed on the info to my MPs office and held my breath. We also sent a case specific inquiry with our IME numbers etc.

My MPs office phoned today, her first statement was, "did you get an email from Buffalo yesterday?" I said, no... nothing has been received, why?

She said... "They informed me that they sent a REQUEST FOR A PASSPORT BY EMAIL YESTERDAY!!!"

OMG!!

The e-mail isn't here, (I have a suspicion that they did NOT properly update our address change) and she is going to ask them to resend it to the correct address. Hopefully we will have something by next week, but at least we know that the end is near! HOLY CRAP!!! I was expecting another two months of waiting while they sorted out the medical issues, but Ottawa was so offended that they were requesting more medical info despite the recommendation that we were clear, that I am guessing they helped push things along for us. The medical exam office was VERY helpful.

OMG... pinch me... no wait... don't pinch me... if it's a dream, I don't want to wake up!!!

... I think the MP's assistant might have felt uncomfortable when I told her I love her though... hmmm..../ponder

jstnmlr

May 29, 2011
Las Vegas Nevada USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
AOR Received.
10-06-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011
Med's Done....
12-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
planned Jan 20, 2012
Wow, crazy pace. Congrats to everyone who has received PPRs! keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of us. Just sent in a change of address last night with a status update request. Maybe I'll get some more info though I won't hold my breath...

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pinch me too :p What a week! You deserve it, you've been very patient waiting. Congratulations. You're almost done with it all.

jayde said:
ohhhhmigod!!

We've been having issues with Buffalo. They informed my mp's office that they were requesting medicals, but the medicals were all passed etc. So we inquired with the Ottawa Medical Examiner's office, and they said a box wasn't checked off, but that our medicals were passed and should have been on file in Feb. She gave me a phone number for the officer and said to have the MPs office call her directly. I passed on the info to my MPs office and held my breath. We also sent a case specific inquiry with our IME numbers etc.

My MPs office phoned today, her first statement was, "did you get an email from Buffalo yesterday?" I said, no... nothing has been received, why?

She said... "They informed me that they sent a REQUEST FOR A PASSPORT BY EMAIL YESTERDAY!!!"

OMG!!

The e-mail isn't here, (I have a suspicion that they did NOT properly update our address change) and she is going to ask them to resend it to the correct address. Hopefully we will have something by next week, but at least we know that the end is near! HOLY CRAP!!! I was expecting another two months of waiting while they sorted out the medical issues, but Ottawa was so offended that they were requesting more medical info despite the recommendation that we were clear, that I am guessing they helped push things along for us. The medical exam office was VERY helpful.

OMG... pinch me... no wait... don't pinch me... if it's a dream, I don't want to wake up!!!

... I think the MP's assistant might have felt uncomfortable when I told her I love her though... hmmm..../ponder

quagaar145

Jan 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
Doc's Request.
12-09-2011
AOR Received.
18-07-2011
File Transfer...
03-03-2011
Med's Done....
24-01-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2011
We got PPR today!!!

COMPLETELY unexpected since they requested another document last month and my deadline to get it in wasn't until mid-November... from what everyone said I didn't think they would even glance at my application until after the deadline. I did send in an almost-expired background check since I requested it months ago in preparation for their request, then emailed them repeatedly to see if they would accept it or if I should order a new one. I ordered a new one anyway since I just got silence in return, but then they respond with PPR. I am beyond thrilled!!! Hubby and I are going out tonight to celebrate.

It has been a fantastic week for so many on here, lets hope it continues! Keep it up for next week Buffalo!!

cbennett

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived 9.30.11
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Eddy070 said:
This is really a great response, but i suggest you get the requested document and forward it to there office as soon as you can. But i think this is crazy for them to request additional document after waiving the interview, bcos after interview is waived it should be PPR for issuance of your PRV. Hope for the best after sending them the request docummyent. Goodluck

Whoo hoo!!! I received my clearance today in the mail from France!! That took only a week. :) I'm fedexing it tomorrow to Buffalo. Fingers crossed I'm near the end of this process.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
jayde said:
ohhhhmigod!!

OMG!!

Congrats my friend we still havent heard anything.Sometimes I fill like I wish I never would have started this headache.

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
Calgary-Bound said:
Congrats my friend we still havent heard anything.Sometimes I fill like I wish I never would have started this headache.
Don't say that... yours will be soon! Have you talked to the MP in town there? They helped me a lot out here! Did you order your CAIPS notes?

It's worth it really... you look at your family and know it's worth it, it's just so hard to wait, especially when so many who apply after, get their approval so fast. I wish I could help you two. I can't wait to celebrate when you get your PPR... I wish our e-mail would show up.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
jayde said:
Don't say that... yours will be soon! Have you talked to the MP in town there? They helped me a lot out here! Did you order your CAIPS notes?

It's worth it really... you look at your family and know it's worth it, it's just so hard to wait, especially when so many who apply after, get their approval so fast. I wish I could help you two. I can't wait to celebrate when you get your PPR... I wish our e-mail would show up.
My MP Is Jason Kenney the head of immigration.They told me well sorry your still In the time line.I got my CAIPS and all thats been done Is medicals.

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
Why don't you come out here to town and talk to the MP here. She never asked if I was from Airdrie or anything... and you practically lived here for a while anyway... I'll give you her info through Facebook.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
jayde said:
Why don't you come out here to town and talk to the MP here. She never asked if I was from Airdrie or anything... and you practically lived here for a while anyway... I'll give you her info through Facebook.
[/quote

Im In Saskatoon now building another Cabelas outdoor store.I starting doing work for Cabelas and Bass Pro.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
jayde said:
It would be worth a shot to call her I guess.

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011