Doc's Request.
October 5, 2010
AOR Received.
October 5, 2010
File Transfer...
September 10, 2010
Med's Done....
February 20, 2010
Im sorry to learn about your denial Keriannne, Conjugal class is not that easy to get PR. From my understanding you will have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that there is no other way you and your partner can live together for a year to qualify as common law or to get married. Considering that you or your spouse is in the USA, it is sooo easy for either one of you to sacrifice their lives and be together for a year or to get married. Especially that USA is a visa exempt country doubles up your chances. My suggestion is that don't waste anymore time following up with the MP and such, don't appeal the case because you will end up in the same spot. Rather, get married and if you are not ready make plans to live together for at least a year and apply as common law. You will find that your application will sail through faster than it did. I Just noticed that I put the cart before the horse...my above advise will be valid only if the refusal was not solely based on security reasons or misrepresentations in your application. All the best in the future..this is not the end hun, don't despair and let hope be the last thing you lose. The struggle continues... :-*

S

SaugaBoss

kerianne said:
OH! and congratulations Sauga!! That is soo awesome!!! Maybe I'll get pregnant too and we can conquer Canada! And both being young and all, I think it might be possible! LOL

Dralon, I am sorry to hear about your wife and your troubles. It saddens me to hear that you have STILL not yet got an approval. We should revolt! Let's split up all the Buffalo IOs from their spouses and children and see how they like it! Hopefully soon enough. I'm hoping that I have what it takes to get this IO to see my relationship is real without being married. UGH!
omg that is ridiculous!!! i cant believe u were denied but the IO is still giving u a chance to provide documentation so there is still hope to convince them!!

ahhh this is scaring me now!! im waiting until November 27 to get a reply from CSIS if i dont im contacting SIRC by phone and complaining again.

wish u all best!!!!

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
Okay, sorry I was so unclear. I was a mess last night.

I was not completely denied. I have 60 days to give more supporting evidence to change the IOs mind. Yes I applied as conjugal partners because the last TWO times I have tried to stay up here for a year, any time crossing the border they have issued me visa records..I didn't know that you could ask to extend your visitor records, but since then have not received a third one... I am planning on staying in Canada for one full year..AGAIN. It just sucks because my mother and my grandmother are both ill and I don't want to miss holidays with them not knowing if it will be the last ya know?

and a correction. I am from Oregon. My sponsor is from Canada. Currently I am in Canada "visiting". Even if I live here without any visa or visitor record, it will not qualify me as a common law because I am only here as a visitor. This was told to me at the border when they drilled me about my application that I told them I applied for in April.

This whole thing is getting ridiculous. The only thing that I can imagine is that it's because I am only 20 years old and that the age gap between my boyfriend and I is 12 years. Which would really piss me off. Why the hell can't I have a genuine relationship that is going to last.

I wrote in my application we don't feel the need to get married, and that we want to be common law. We are not engaged, and that I want to start a family, but that it would be irresponsible to start one with both parents in separate countries.

This next week my boyfriend and I are going to gather more information and statutory declarations that we can send in. I've been saving all my ticket stubs still, and taking lots and lots of pictures. We have opened a joint bank account, I am his beneficiary, the whole shebang. I don't understand what else I can do. I've got all the emails printed out, phone bills saved, etc.

I don't know what else I can do to prove different. My friend and I were talking about it, and maybe this is just a way for them to weed out the people who don't care or are lying?

So maybe the IO is just waiting for me to reply and to fight for it, that will be enough to show him that I am genuine about it enough to care and fight for it and show even more evidence. I was crying so hard on the phone that I didn't hear everything my grandmother read off, but I think it mentioned that I can make an appointment with a local CIC office to have an interview and show all my supporting documents that I gather. I guess I will find out more once I get the letter in the mail next week.

hmm. This officer is going to get such a file from me, he's gonna wish he just approved it! :p :p :p :eek: :eek: :eek:

and thanks Sauga! Good luck!!

S

SaugaBoss

thats goooooood u werent denied!!! definitely go in person to prove that u r a genuine couple.

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
That's what I'm hoping to do! Just need to wait until my nanna forwards the letter to me. GAH!! This is so freaking irritating though! I'm going to go crazy! lol :p

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
I thought I read on here somewhere that once they deny you, they can't deny you for the same thing again... is that true?

I mean, if you bring more evidence, and they're like "we need more evidence..." can you go back and get more, and repeat until admitted? Or are you only allowed to appeal a single time?

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
I'm not exactly sure this is an appeal since the decision has not necessarily been made. I may be misunderstanding the letter, since it was read to me over the phone, but I think that the decision will be made as of 59 days from today.

My boyfriend and I are looking into getting legal advice on what all we should add. But maybe you're right...? I'm not sure if they can tell me again that it's not enough information, but I'm sure that they can still deny me if the IO is not satisfied that we are 'genuine' or whatever BS reason for this letter.

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Yeah, it sounds like the decision has not been made. An example would be, if you are missing paperwork (e.g. background check, payment receipt, etc), I think you have 60 days to send it in, otherwise your application gets canceled. This sounds like the same thing, except it will either be canceled or denied after 60 days. So I'd say get all the evidence you can, and schedule an interview (with your partner along with you) and you shouldn't have any problems, once they've had a chance to talk with you, and review all your info. If they decide to be jerks and formally deny you, well, you can take their reasons, come up with a solution, and appeal. I wouldn't worry too much just yet. It sounds more like an inconvenience at the moment, than anything else.

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
I totally agree. Which is why I am trying not to get too stressed out about the situation! ::)

S

SaugaBoss

do you think its risky for me to go to USA?

when i came thru the border in September they asked me how long i am coming for i said a couple weeks its been 2 months.. im planning on going back to NJ for 1 week and then coming back to finish the process in Canada. do u think they will see that my application isnt complete and i am going back to canada so soon! i was going to visit my family for thanksgiving

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
I'm not sure. Some people get treated nicely at the border. Not me, I am so rudely treated at the border, and never given anything but trouble, so I am missing Thanksgiving this year. :(

You can always try, but have another option just in case they say no. Usually if you tell them the truth, and that you're pregnant and all that stuff, they would most likely let you, or give you a visitor record, which would allow you a certain amount of time to be in Canada. I have also read on this forum (which I wish I would have known earlier) that before it expires, you can return and ask for an extension under your circumstances, and usually they permit your request.

iLoveSnow

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm curious about this RPRF. Was part of the $550 that I paid at the begining the RPRF or not? Reason being...I just got an email telling me that my visa was ready for issuance as soon as they hear back from Mississauga that I have paid the RPRF. Kinda worried I may have to pay yet another $490...anyone know the answer?

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
iLoveSnow said:
I'm curious about this RPRF. Was part of the $550 that I paid at the begining the RPRF or not? Reason being...I just got an email telling me that my visa was ready for issuance as soon as they hear back from Mississauga that I have paid the RPRF. Kinda worried I may have to pay yet another $490...anyone know the answer?
did you pay 550 or 1040?

490 is the RPRF. 475 for sponsorship and 75 for the applicant = 1040

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
My passport is in my hands, visa attached :)

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
can_usa_97 said:
My passport is in my hands, visa attached :)

WOOOHOOOO