10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
I just read this message:

"I second the suggestion to order your CAIPS notes. It might give you an idea as to what's going on with your file, without you having to nag your visa office via email or enquiries that may or may not even be answered."

What are CAIPS notes? Where do you order them from and how do you do it? Thanks a lot!

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
Habibti said:
I just read this message:

"I second the suggestion to order your CAIPS notes. It might give you an idea as to what's going on with your file, without you having to nag your visa office via email or enquiries that may or may not even be answered."

What are CAIPS notes? Where do you order them from and how do you do it? Thanks a lot!
Your CAIPS notes are the computerized notes of your file at your visa office, and can be used to get an idea of what's been done with your file. Parts of the notes use codes, but you can find the code translations very easily online.

Further explanation about CAIPS notes on Immipedia: http://immipedia.ca/CAIPS
Immipedia explanation on how to order: http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes

Really helpful post on these forums about how to order them (step-by-step): http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t38157.0.html;msg253279#msg253279. That post assumes that the applicant's SPOUSE is ordering them, which is why it says not to use the Privacy Act option and to authorize your spouse for it and pay $5. If the applicant is in Canada, they can order their own notes free of charge. If neither the sponsor/spouse nor the applicant is in Canada, they can have a third party service get it for them (eg: http://caipsnotes.com/index.shtml), but that always costs more.

It usually takes 4-6 weeks to receive them by mail. Hope those links help.

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
London/St. Thomas for now...
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
Rinnerz said:
About going in person to Detroit: do you know what days they allow this? Because as far as I know, Buffalo is open for same-day issuance only on Tuesdays and Thursdays (as an example). Unless they've told you that you can come any workday of the week, you might want to doublecheck with them.
CIC's website currently shows 5 days a week, but closed from 12-1.

Just going to go on a tuesday if oportunity strikes!! Just hope that the guys in Mississauga get the finger out. I tried multiple times to fax them but the posted fax number is not picking up...

CHeers
H.

kingqatar

Oct 16, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Oct-10
File Transfer...
27-Nov-10 to Singapore
Med's Request
15-Oct-10 Previous x-ray or more tests
Med's Done....
20-Sep-10 Remed 6-Jan-12
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
01-Dec-11
VISA ISSUED...
01-Feb-12
LANDED..........
03-Mar-12
Hi Rinnerz,

Thanks a bunch for the info. filled out all the forms and asked my mom to send on. My wife and I are together in Qatar and I am very well employed but we are planning our annual visit to Canada June/July. We were hoping to do the 1st landing at the same time but looks like that will not happen so we have applied for a TRV. BUT have read it is difficult to get a TRV if you have applied for a PR. I will not be very happy to visit Canada alone but must as my mom is very ill. I guess my wife could see her folks in Indonesia and I could see mine in Canada.

Anyway, we are together so more fortunate that many waiting for PR.

Best to all, Kingqatar

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
Just bumping this forwards again to let all of us 'octoberists' to stay abreast of the situation.

Cheers
H.

vt

Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/10/2010
Doc's Request.
June 24 2011
File Transfer...
23/11/2010 arrived at VO - 22/07/2011 In Process
Med's Done....
02/11/2010
Passport Req..
Aug 26 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 06 2011
I HATE THIS!!!! We all know this was never going to be fun but I cant stand the wait anymore.

I just wish they could tell us ...sure no problem vt you will be getting the PR card in one week!!!!

vt

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
TheHal said:
And I received an email from Detroit as well, with regards to my question of status, where the reply was simply that they are waiting on Mississauga about the receipt of the RPRF Fee, and THEN THEY WILL FINALIZE MY FILE!!

I imagine that if they were NOT to give me a PR they simply would not request it!!!

I am stoked and happy! and I also sent an email to Detroit asking about same day stampings, and I will publsih here as soon as I know.

Cheers
Hal.
Hi Hal
I've been trawling a few other threads for possible similar issues to ours. We didn't pay our PR fees with the initial application (not sure how we missed it but we did :( ) Did you get a request from your VO to pay for them to continue with your application? We did, we paid it on 26 April and were wondering approx how long we have to wait to hear any news. It's getting frustrating indeed.

Thanks
Lnl

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
I had paiud a month prior to receiving the request, but still waiting now, and it's been about a week now.

It a pain in the ar$e, but I guess we'll just have to be patient.
I tried to fax in the receipt as well, but their fax machine does not pick up...

Cheers
H.

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
Thanks for responding, we also faxed the receipt through aswell as sending to Missisauga and London, we spoke to the call centre yesterday who informed us that Missisauga has to email London to confirm the payment, it's been 3.5 wks since we paid so hoping for news soon.

It's a bloody pain for sure gggrrr

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
Keep trying with the fax number, it was busy for hours and hours but it finally went through.

jiyamano

May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
TheHal said:
Just bumping this forwards again to let all of us 'octoberists' to stay abreast of the situation.

Cheers
H.

HI,
Any more updates from your side?? I hope your VO got the confirmation of RPRF from Mississauga by now.

Cheers,

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just wanted to update that I went to Buffalo and got my visa last week. All went well, and I will be landing next week. I showed up at 7:30 and was out by 10 am. Glad I showed up before they opened...it is a busy place!

Good luck everyone! I am rooting for everyone still waiting...

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
To QCSunshine, congrats! Wish I was in your shoes, but I guess I will be soon!!

As for me?
Nope, no dice...

Still waiting.

I am very impatient now, an now everyone around knows that I have a new job too, including my boss, whom I immagined would be pissed off, but he aint! good for me I guess.

I might lose some benefits tho, in a short little while, and that can make things tough, but we'll jsut see what we'll see won't we?

Cheers for thinking of me!

ConfusedinCanada

Oct 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2011
AOR Received.
10-03-2011
Hi All,

My hubby and I applied in January, but have not yet heard anything. Unfortunately the FBI fingerprints that we submitted will expire mid June (so much for being prepared ;)). Did any of you have to resubmit your FBI prints? Is there an easier way to get them on file or do we just wait for them to ask for them again... of course, which would delay the process more.

good luck to you all still waiting!

M

mrandmrsromero

ConfusedinCanada said:
Hi All,

My hubby and I applied in January, but have not yet heard anything. Unfortunately the FBI fingerprints that we submitted will expire mid June (so much for being prepared ;)). Did any of you have to resubmit your FBI prints? Is there an easier way to get them on file or do we just wait for them to ask for them again... of course, which would delay the process more.

good luck to you all still waiting!
It took just over 4 weeks to obtain our clearance report in the mail from the FBI. So I think it is wise to be proactive and request a new FBI report now rather than waiting for the prints to expire and/or waiting for CIC to ask for a new one. You can then submit the updated clearance to CIC before or shortly after they ask for it, which will hopefully help avoid further delay. When we received the FBI clearance we scanned it and emailed it to the embassy with a note saying that the original would be dropped off in person the next day. Even if it turns out you hear something from CIC before the current FBI clearance expires, I think its worth the peace of mind to at least have a new clearance request in process "just in case". Good luck!