06-08-2010
Passport Req..
25-01-2011 delivered 08 Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-2011 DM 04-04-2011 Recieved 08-04-2011
LANDED..........
12-04-2011
canda said:
when they request your passport does that mean you are getting PPR?????? CAuse they requested my husbands
Yes

congrats jacquevw

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
Congrats Canda & Jacquevw! Keep em coming :)

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
Just wanted to update I'll be landing on 05/17/2011!
Thank you all for the support! ;)

canda

Star Member
Sep 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 21 2010
Doc's Request.
Requested constancia Feb 16th 2011
AOR Received.
February 2 2011
File Transfer...
November 19 2010
Med's Request
they have our meds
Med's Done....
October 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
march 8 2011
LANDED..........
March 13 2011
fantastic news, enjoy bonbon9 :D :D

watnxt

Feb 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
File Transfer...
10-11-2010
Anyone dealing with colombo, sri lanka here?
I applied in Oct 5th. Colombo received the application in Nov. No word from colombo so far. I even sent them email. No reply at all.
Did anyone get PPR who applied to colomobo in Oct?

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
London/St. Thomas for now...
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
Still waiting... Thank heavens I have a job...

Anyways, back to the top...

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
TheHal said:
Still waiting... Thank heavens I have a job...

Anyways, back to the top...
Hey Hal,

Sorry you didn't hear anything today. I was hoping you would, being one of the last from October.

I don't know what's going on with Buffalo. The last two Mondays were awesome... too many PPR's to count. And then today... nothing.

:-\

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
Pharoh said:
I don't know what's going on with Buffalo. The last two Mondays were awesome... too many PPR's to count. And then today... nothing.

I don't know, but "buffalo" is definitely my most hated word right now. I can't see or hear it anywhere, in any context, without cringing and the knots in my stomach worsening. And I don't have a job to keep me preoccupied and have had several other family emergencies and problems lately, so that makes coping with it a bit harder I guess. It's now been over 5 months since CPC-M officially received our application and it all began. At this rate, I'm losing hope that we won't (at least) hit the 6 month mark.

^ And from my awfully whiny tone, you can see why I've been trying not to post too much lately. I seem to have less and less constructive/positive things to say as the weeks go by.

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Rinnerz said:
I don't know, but "buffalo" is definitely my most hated word right now. I can't see or hear it anywhere, in any context, without cringing and the knots in my stomach worsening. And I don't have a job to keep me preoccupied and have had several other family emergencies and problems lately, so that makes coping with it a bit harder I guess. It's now been over 5 months since CPC-M officially received our application and it all began. At this rate, I'm losing hope that we won't (at least) hit the 6 month mark.

^ And from my awfully whiny tone, you can see why I've been trying not to post too much lately. I seem to have less and less constructive/positive things to say as the weeks go by.
Haha Rinnerz, I totally know what you mean. I'm starting to feel like more and more of an ass, whenever I post. A lot of people ask questions about the time line of things, or what to expect. My view is almost entirely pessimistic. I say "you MAY hear something... but probably not" or "Welcome to Buffalo... now sit back and enjoy months without hearing anything" or "I'm glad you got your application together. I'd begin praying Buffalo doesn't lose any of it". I hate to sound like that, but I can't really think of anything positive to say about this whole experience, outside of CPC-Mississauga, which consistently processes applications in 30~ days.

Though we didn't hear anything today, perhaps we will tomorrow. There's always "eCas Tuesday", though from what I'm hearing, CIC is moving onto a new platform, so eCas may be pretty unreliable (and has certainly proved itself to be, lately). There's been PPR's on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays... so not all hope is lost for this week.

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
Pharoh said:
There's always "eCas Tuesday", though from what I'm hearing, CIC is moving onto a new platform, so eCas may be pretty unreliable (and has certainly proved itself to be, lately).
eCAS? Unreliable? You don't say :p.

Haha, yeah... I'm the same way, Pharoh--pessimistic 99.9% of the time, unfortunately. My husband tends to be the exact opposite, which keeps me sane to a point. But then again, even if he's worried he can easily preoccupy himself with gaming or something and he tunes everything else out--whereas if I'm worried, I suddenly lose all motivation to do anything else.

But you're right; there's still hope. And at the end of the day, I know for a fact that others have it way worse than we do, whether you're just talking about immigration or life in general. Times of hardship make it tough to remember that sometimes, though.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Rinnerz said:

If we were hanging out, I would give you a hug. I am sorry that you are finding it tough. Me and hubby are finding it tough too. Especially since Vegreville keeps adding an extra month all the time. Everytime it gets close to one month left to finding out they add another month to the timeline and make it two months to wait again. Grr... Getting to the 6 month mark was hard for me but after that 6 month mark, it gets a tiny bit easier to cope with. In two days we will be reaching the 8 month mark since they got our application. When I first submitted it was said to take 7 months and now it is closer to 10 months. I thought I would only have to wait until April (which I was nervously excited about) but it seems I will have to wait until May now. It disgusts me to think I have almost wasted away 1 year of my life to this and wish I could have used that towards my education, buying a home, etc. I just hope I get a positive answer.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Rinnerz said:
eCAS? Unreliable? You don't say :p.

Haha, yeah... I'm the same way, Pharoh--pessimistic 99.9% of the time, unfortunately. My husband tends to be the exact opposite, which keeps me sane to a point. But then again, even if he's worried he can easily preoccupy himself with gaming or something and he tunes everything else out--whereas if I'm worried, I suddenly lose all motivation to do anything else.

But you're right; there's still hope. And at the end of the day, I know for a fact that others have it way worse than we do, whether you're just talking about immigration or life in general. Times of hardship make it tough to remember that sometimes, though.
Sorry to quote another post but haha our situations couldn't be more alike. Hubby is always positive about things which keeps me strong and hopeful. Even though part of me is thinking "yeah easy for you stay positive." Lol. I don't mean it though but it just stresses me out because I was the one who prepared the application. If we don't get approved, I will feel it is my fault. And hubby is always preoccupied with games/music like he is in this moment. Lol. I wish it were that easy for me.

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pharoh said:
Hey Hal,

Sorry you didn't hear anything today. I was hoping you would, being one of the last from October.

Pharoh, I think Kelkel is the only one of us that went through Buffalo who has received PR. Unless I missed something recently? Which is possible... I hope things speed up though for all of us though!

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
Love_Young said:
If we were hanging out, I would give you a hug. I am sorry that you are finding it tough. Me and hubby are finding it tough too. Especially since Vegreville keeps adding an extra month all the time. Everytime it gets close to one month left to finding out they add another month to the timeline and make it two months to wait again. Grr... Getting to the 6 month mark was hard for me but after that 6 month mark, it gets a tiny bit easier to cope with. In two days we will be reaching the 8 month mark since they got our application. When I first submitted it was said to take 7 months and now it is closer to 10 months. I thought I would only have to wait until April (which I was nervously excited about) but it seems I will have to wait until May now. It disgusts me to think I have almost wasted away 1 year of my life to this and wish I could have used that towards my education, buying a home, etc. I just hope I get a positive answer.
I definitely hope you guys hear something soon, too; you're in our thoughts. At this rate, I think that if I -did- get PPR before you got AIP, I'd refuse to celebrate it with you until you got your AIP too :p. Makes more sense to me. And I definitely understand the disgust over having to put everything on hold. Everything education/jobwise for me has been on hold, in one way or another, for the past 4 years or so now. I have my health, money and immigration to thank for it... but even IF I could convince myself that so much of it was out of my hands (I'm my own worst critic), that wouldn't make it any easier.

You just have to hang in there and realize that this is just another (dragged out) hurdle, and that it can't possibly go on forever. And as I say this, I know that I probably don't think along those lines enough of the time, myself ::). But oh well.

QCSunshine said:
Pharoh, I think Kelkel is the only one of us that went through Buffalo who has received PR. Unless I missed something recently? Which is possible... I hope things speed up though for all of us though!
kelKel and piker are done. There is also a newer member who never posted in the October thread, only in Buffalo's thread, who applied in October and is already done. talyn I believe. x5-452 got DM on his eCAS but no actual PPR yet as far as I know.

Love_Young said:
Sorry to quote another post but haha our situations couldn't be more alike. Hubby is always positive about things which keeps me strong and hopeful. Even though part of me is thinking "yeah easy for you stay positive." Lol. I don't mean it though but it just stresses me out because I was the one who prepared the application. If we don't get approved, I will feel it is my fault. And hubby is always preoccupied with games/music like he is in this moment. Lol. I wish it were that easy for me.
Haha, yes... that's us, alright. The only difference is that I do have the occasional gaming sprees too; it's just that whenever I let my negativity get the best of me (which has been a lot recently), my desire to help Geralt take out the Salamandra or have Commander Shepard take on Saren and the Geth is... kind of killed.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Rinnerz said:
I definitely hope you guys hear something soon, too; you're in our thoughts. At this rate, I think that if I -did- get PPR before you got AIP, I'd refuse to celebrate it with you until you got your AIP too :p. Makes more sense to me. And I definitely understand the disgust over having to put everything on hold. Everything education/jobwise for me has been on hold, in one way or another, for the past 4 years or so now. I have my health, money and immigration to thank for it... but even IF I could convince myself that so much of it was out of my hands (I'm my own worst critic), that wouldn't make it any easier.

You just have to hang in there and realize that this is just another (dragged out) hurdle, and that it can't possibly go on forever. And as I say this, I know that I probably don't think along those lines enough of the time, myself ::). But oh well.

Haha, yes... that's us, alright. The only difference is that I do have the occasional gaming sprees too; it's just that whenever I let my negativity get the best of me (which has been a lot recently), my desire to help Geralt take out the Salamandra or have Commander Shepard take on Saren and the Geth is... kind of killed.
Haha aww you are such a sweetheart. Well girl you know we are definitely celebrating together. It is a NEED to thing. Lol. We shall get cake, flags, hats, etc. Be our own personal party. Woo lets hurry up and get approved already because I am getting too excited for my own good thinking about it. I am so very sorry dear you have had to put things on hold for 4 years. I can't even begin to imagine but I know not doing anything for 2 years is tough. (speaking of which, tomorrow marks 2 years since I came here) Good thing is, like you said this CAN'T go on forever but darn if it don't feel like it somedays. As long as I get a positive answer then I guess I can hold tight.

If I have to hang in there, you do too. And don't worry, half the stuff I say to keep everyones spirits up do I hardly follow myself. And I love my gaming sprees too. Speaking of which I want to get back into Sims but afraid to let myself because once I am hooked, I block everything out. I will only leave to get food and shower, etc. Lol. Lately though hubby and I play tetris on FB against each other. So fun and hilarious especially if I beat him when he is double the level I am. But when I am in a down mood, I just don't do anything but go on here, watch TV, and go on FB. I need new hobbies. I just can't push myself to do it.

P.S. I sent you a PM on FB. Don't know if you saw it but thought I would say anyway. ;)