28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
MandiF said:
Unfortunately next day air doesn't really exist from the UK, but just wondering how the rest of the UK contingent sent it from here, or did everyone send from Canada?

Oh and I'm still waiting for my police certificate from Australia, if it doesn't arrive by next week, I'm going to take the chance and send it off without this final piece of paper and when it finally arrives, I'll send it straight to London. I know everyone has advised against that, but this is driving me crazy not having this gone for one piece of paper.
If it were me, I'd go ahead and mail the application, and as soon as the police certificate comes in, do expedited shipping to London. If I were a betting man (and I'm not), I'd put my money on you getting the certificate before they come around to seeing it's missing from your application, but even if they do, your application will be underway and on someone's desk, waiting for that last piece, as opposed to waiting for the last piece, THEN sending off the whole application, and having to wait starting from the beginning.

Make sense?

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
Pharoh said:
If it were me, I'd go ahead and mail the application, and as soon as the police certificate comes in, do expedited shipping to London. If I were a betting man (and I'm not), I'd put my money on you getting the certificate before they come around to seeing it's missing from your application, but even if they do, your application will be underway and on someone's desk, waiting for that last piece, as opposed to waiting for the last piece, THEN sending off the whole application, and having to wait starting from the beginning.

Make sense?
Hi, Pharoh!

Not sending the police certificate with the initial application will give a bigger delay than sending it from the beginning. This is because the visa office usually gives you a deadline to submit the police certificate, and then they close your file. When the deadline comes, then they reopen your file and continue working on it. It doesn't matter if you send in the police certificate the day right after, they will still put your application in stand by until the deadline that they gave you comes. Very inefficient, but that's the way it seems to be working. :(

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
So I seem to be screwed either way I do it. Because I'm a bit worried that my UK police certificate is going to expire before I get my Australian the way this is going.

I'll hold on until next week when my husband has finally got some time off work to come over and visit and then I'll get him to sign all his bits and then make the decision.

This is driving me nuts!

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi MandyF,

I was worried about the exact same thing for my two countries! I ordered both. One came much later than the other, and then I decided to apply outland instead of inland (as I had initially planned) and had to re-do some forms which took some time, and before I realized it, the first police report expired. So I had to order a new one and was on a major time crunch to get that one before the other police report expired. Thankfully it came because that country processes them immediately when they get a request. Thankfully!

If yours doesn't come in time, I don't know what I would do if I were you. I guess I would probably go ahead and send in the expired one and the current one. And then forward the new one to replace the expired one, as soon as you get it. I guess either way would have delays... But maybe the one you need will come in time!!! Good luck!!!

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
MandiF said:
So I seem to be screwed either way I do it. Because I'm a bit worried that my UK police certificate is going to expire before I get my Australian the way this is going.

I'll hold on until next week when my husband has finally got some time off work to come over and visit and then I'll get him to sign all his bits and then make the decision.

This is driving me nuts!
Hi MandiF!

Can you order the UK one in advance? It wouldn't hurt to have one processing. Prevention is always the best way. :)

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
thanks guys for your thoughts. UK ones are really quite good as you can get them turned around in 2 days if you are willing to pay for it. I suppose, I'll just hold on for now, bloody Australia, no wonder i never wanted to live there!

LOL

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
London/St. Thomas for now...
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
I'm still waiting for my FBI papers as well, holy there's a lot of crap to go in tho. The 'significant other' is working on our history together and pictures. I'm worried tho, with the thread on one of the other forums (I think) where they were denied, because their relationship was real. I feel we have about the same, with bank accounts, rents, bills, family history etc, but how much is enough, and what is unequivocal proof...

Anyway, getting my medicals done on tuesday, so 79% done, now I just have to pin out the rest.

Cheers and good luck to us all!

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
bonbon9 said:
Hi, Pharoh!

Not sending the police certificate with the initial application will give a bigger delay than sending it from the beginning. This is because the visa office usually gives you a deadline to submit the police certificate, and then they close your file. When the deadline comes, then they reopen your file and continue working on it. It doesn't matter if you send in the police certificate the day right after, they will still put your application in stand by until the deadline that they gave you comes. Very inefficient, but that's the way it seems to be working. :(
Oh wow! I didn't realize they close your file soon after the request. Yeah, better not follow my original advice then. I guess that makes sense, they can't keep "paused" applications piling up everywhere, while people wait 10+ weeks or more to get documentation to send in. :/

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Sent with entire application Miss.
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
October 8, 2010 Mailed it October 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 15, 2010 Received in mail Oct 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Driving to the border on Friday!!!
I wrote it on another thread, but I thought maybe I should post it here too. For those that haven't sent in your application here's what I've learned and wish that I would have known before I started this whole mess of a thing.

Send everything together!!!!

1. Start your background check now (in the US takes 12-16 weeks to process)
2. Order the sponsor's option C printout at the same time as your background check.
3. Don't schedule your medical until 10 weeks after you sent in your background check (because they expire in 1 year).
4. Make sure that it is a Designated Medical Practitioner that is listed on the CIC website. http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx
5. Get your photos done just before you mail off your application (they expire in 6 months)
6. Make sure your photos are the right size take this to photographer: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E33048.PDF
7. If the applicant has lived in Canada for longer than 6 months do a canadian background check (it takes 6-10 weeks).
8. Send everything all at once (prevents them from "misplacing" things): background clearance, medical, sponsor application, applicant application, proof of relationship documents, option c print out and anything else that they require. Just follow the guide very carefully.
9. Sign and date all documents
10. Fill out everything required
11. Pay all your fees at once (this includes you RPRF or Right of permenant residence fee).
12. Make sure that you triple check the address that you send documents to is the correct one for the documents you are sending.
13. Have lots of proof of you relationship and have it well organized and clipped together.
14. These threads should help you with your proof:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t44701.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/anybody-have-a-sample-of-declaration-of-status-from-friends-t54357.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t54204.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t48224.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t49665.0.html
15. Put the file number stickers on the OUTSIDE of the envelope when corresponding with visa office. But don't forget to save one sticker for your passport request.
15. Ask lots of questions on this forum and search out other peoples experiences by using the search took on this forum.
16 Contacting the visa office too many times may delay your application. Make sure you really have a good reason. If in doubt whether it is a good reason post the question on this forum first.

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
ljane79 said:
I wrote it on another thread, but I thought maybe I should post it here too. For those that haven't sent in your application here's what I've learned and wish that I would have known before I started this whole mess of a thing.

Send everything together!!!!

1. Start your background check now (in the US takes 12-16 weeks to process)
2. Order the sponsor's option C printout at the same time as your background check.
3. Don't schedule your medical until about 2 weeks you expect your FBI clearance to come (because they expire in 1 year).
4. Make sure that it is a Designated Medical Practitioner that is listed on the CIC website. http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx
5. Get your photos done just before you mail off your application (they expire in 6 months)
6. Make sure your photos are the right size take this to photographer: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E33048.PDF
7. If she has lived in Canada for longer than 6 months do a canadian background check (it takes 6-10 weeks).
8. Send everything all at once (prevents them from "misplacing" things): background clearance, medical, sponsor application, applicant application, proof of relationship documents, option c print out and anything else that they require. Just follow the guide very carefully.
9. Sign and date all documents
10. Fill out everything required
11. Pay all your fees at once (this includes you RPRF or Right of permenant residence fee).
12. Make sure that you triple check the address that you send documents to is the correct one for the documents you are sending.
13. Have lots of proof of you relationship and have it well organized and clipped together.
14. These threads should help you with your proof:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t44701.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/anybody-have-a-sample-of-declaration-of-status-from-friends-t54357.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t54204.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t48224.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t49665.0.html
15. Put the file number stickers on the OUTSIDE of the envelope when corresponding with visa office. But don't forget to save one sticker for your passport request.
15. Ask lots of questions on this forum and search out other peoples experiences by using the search took on this forum.
16 Contacting the visa office too many times may delay your application. Make sure you really have a good reason. If in doubt whether it is a good reason post the question on this forum first.
This post is awesome, one of my favorite that I've been referring to a lot. Thanks ljane79.

In looking at your signature, it looks like your request for PR was denied, and then a month later, approved? Am I reading that right? What happened?

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Pharoh said:
This post is awesome, one of my favorite that I've been referring to a lot. Thanks ljane79.

In looking at your signature, it looks like your request for PR was denied, and then a month later, approved? Am I reading that right? What happened?
I hope that it wasn't denied, lol. No I'm still waiting, I paid my darn RPRF (Right of Permanent Resident Fee) when they requested it and it takes forever to process it. I have a whole speal on it on this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/right-of-permanent-residence-fee-t48369.0.html

One more thing to add to the list. Get familiar with these acronyms you'll hear them a lot during this process: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/right-of-permanent-residence-fee-t48369.0.html

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
ljane79 said:
I hope that it wasn't denied, lol. No I'm still waiting, I paid my darn RPRF (Right of Permanent Resident Fee) when they requested it and it takes forever to process it. I have a whole speal on it on this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/right-of-permanent-residence-fee-t48369.0.html

One more thing to add to the list. Get familiar with these acronyms you'll hear them a lot during this process: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/right-of-permanent-residence-fee-t48369.0.html
Ahh, I understand it now. So the decision has been made, you're just waiting for them to tell you to send in your passport. That's good news! I'm sure you'll be landing in just a few weeks! Is there any chance you can drive/fly to Buffalo, to get your visa stamp in-person? If I'm reading things right, that can help shave a month or so off this whole process...

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Pharoh said:
Ahh, I understand it now. So the decision has been made, you're just waiting for them to tell you to send in your passport. That's good news! I'm sure you'll be landing in just a few weeks! Is there any chance you can drive/fly to Buffalo, to get your visa stamp in-person? If I'm reading things right, that can help shave a month or so off this whole process...
I thought hard about this one because I got a job offer in Calgary. Well kind of a job. I'm a provisional clinical psychologist (meaning i'm not licensed yet and I need supervision until my 1600 hours are complete). The job has bursary (kind of like a grant), but I can't take the money until I get my PR. So I work 5 days a week as a "volunteer." Besides last minute flights are expensive ($1500 round trip) plus rental car and place to stay. We are broke after all of this. I can't get paid my bursary until I get my PR and my husband is in school so he's not making anything either. Your right though, going to Buffalo would be a lot faster. :) I wish that we had that option.

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
ljane79 said:
I thought hard about this one because I got a job offer in Calgary. Well kind of a job. I'm a provisional clinical psychologist (meaning i'm not licensed yet and I need supervision until my 1600 hours are complete). The job has bursary (kind of like a grant), but I can't take the money until I get my PR. So I work 5 days a week as a "volunteer." Besides last minute flights are expensive ($1500 round trip) plus rental car and place to stay. We are broke after all this. I'm already missing the bursary and my husband is in school so he's not making anything either. Your right though, going to Buffalo would be a lot faster. :)
Can you drive? It's almost 600 miles for me, but I'm a road-warrior!! You could also look at flights to Toronto or JFK or another major hub, as those tend to be cheaper.

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Pharoh said:
Can you drive? It's almost 600 miles for me, but I'm a road-warrior!! You could also look at flights to Toronto or JFK or another major hub, as those tend to be cheaper.
Buffalo only accepts passports for PR's on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I work Monday through Friday. :(

Another annoying fact about Buffalo is that they are closed on Wednesdays! So nothing gets done on Wednesdays. PR's would be processed 20% faster if they worked on Wednesdays. That is to say, if the officers actually have the day off or perhaps it is a paper work day. I hope this is the case.