+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread For applications Through SYDNEY (AUSTRALIA) Office

kam1982

Feb 12, 2011
Yes, Mississauga! I don't know why I wrote Sydney.

Our application s smple ans sraight forward as well. It's true, many members here are faced with more complex cases and applications
I think we just want to privide them as enoughh so that there is no time waste with possible request of missing documents.

The mailing boxes are a great idea. They have a few at the post office.

Thanks again.

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
Ah dear Sydney, please hurry up and provide us with an answer (a PPR ideally!) very soon!

My belly is expanding each day and it's a constant reminder time is running out... I'm fighting this urge to nest and really want to get back to Canada to see docs and midwives there.

Just say yes! What more do you need??!!

*sigh*

gally

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
10-03-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2011
canadayogini said:
Ah dear Sydney, please hurry up and provide us with an answer (a PPR ideally!) very soon!

My belly is expanding each day and it's a constant reminder time is running out... I'm fighting this urge to nest and really want to get back to Canada to see docs and midwives there.

Just say yes! What more do you need??!!

*sigh*
Im hoping you get your PPR soon canadayogini. I cant even imagine the anxiety of such uncertainty in addition to your pregnancy. Sending heaps of positive energy your way.

I received my initial assessment completed letter dated March 10th however requesting more docs.

Are you using the email address noted on the letters? I receive an automated response "Thank you for your message, which will be forwarded to the appropriate division at Headquarters or Missions abroad."
Did you get this too?

Hoping we all see some movement with Sydney soon.

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
Thanks Gally. It's getting tough. Our GP is gently pushing us for a hospital we can be referred to and get me started on prenatal care. So many things are uncertain. I'm just trying to do what I can in the meantime, things I can control at least is to find out if it's a boy or girl and know what clothes to keep!

Good that you've received your initial assessment letter, hope the request for more docs won't set you back too far and they're things you have to hand. The email I've been using is sydney.immigration@international.gc.ca, I get the automated response then I get a real reply anytime between 1-5 days.

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
hmmm.... with no news being good news(?) I'm thinking we may need to put plan B into effect and just go ahead and book some flights anyway on the assumption we will be getting a PPR within the next few months and will be moving to Canada before July. Been looking into the visitors visa (can be granted up to 6 month stay, if have return flight etc.) and this might be a good plan for us. We could ship things under my husbands name. I can say I'm visiting until the PR is granted or until the visitors visa expires. I wouldn't be able to work anyway as I'm taking care of our toddler and in later stages of pregnancy, so it won't matter I don't have a work visa.

I'm looking into health coverage through Alberta Health because they said something about we (specifically myself and bump) could be eligible for coverage based on my husband being Canadian.

The risk is if the PR is not granted (I can't imagine why) and I'll have to ship out of there or the immigration officer at the airport looks at the size of my expanding belly and doesn't believe I would either have the intention or be capable of leaving if PR not approved or the visitor visa expires and I would be sent back across the other side of the world with a stern 'no!'.

I also have a British passport, I wonder if it made any difference if I entered as a visitor on that passport rather than my aussie one (which I used in the past for the Canadian WHP visa).

Jez

Jul 26, 2010
Gatineau, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/9/2010
AOR Received.
2/12/2010
File Transfer...
20/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/7/2010
Passport Req..
8/2/2011
VISA ISSUED...
5/3/2011
LANDED..........
24/3/2011
If my application is anything to go by, it currently takes 6 months for an Aussie to immigrate to Quebec... So if you're heading to Alberta then it could be a little less for you (without having to get a CSQ of course).

When's the bub due again? Personally I'd rather not risk being sent home because as you say, it's up to them to determine whether you'd be able to leave if the PR was delayed or denied... not that either of those D's is like to happen! Personally, I've found Canadian airport immigration to be very agreeable folk. With all the back and forth I've done over the years, two WHP visas and finally a PR, I was never questioned once!

I take it you're over 31 and unable to enter on another WHP visa?

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
Jez said:
If my application is anything to go by, it currently takes 6 months for an Aussie to immigrate to Quebec... So if you're heading to Alberta then it could be a little less for you (without having to get a CSQ of course).

When's the bub due again? Personally I'd rather not risk being sent home because as you say, it's up to them to determine whether you'd be able to leave if the PR was delayed or denied... not that either of those D's is like to happen! Personally, I've found Canadian airport immigration to be very agreeable folk. With all the back and forth I've done over the years, two WHP visas and finally a PR, I was never questioned once!

I take it you're over 31 and unable to enter on another WHP visa?
Bub is due Sep 4. It does feel really risky. I feel cornered though to make a decision but from your timelines we are maybe only a few weeks away from a decision. Did you have an initial assessment letter and have to submit or redo extra documents? We had to, but provided all this mid-February. If you did get the letter, how long after that did you get your PPR? Sorry to be nosy and I know every case is different. I guess I'm just struggling to get information and also to stay patient when every natural instinct in my body is screaming at me to find a home and settle down.

Yes, turned 33 this year already used up the WHP to the best of my ability :) Even looked into option of using my British passport for it but again don't meet the age requirements or their residency requirements. Leaving no stone unturned here!

Thanks again for your reply though, every little bit is encouraging.

Jez

Jul 26, 2010
Gatineau, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/9/2010
AOR Received.
2/12/2010
File Transfer...
20/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/7/2010
Passport Req..
8/2/2011
VISA ISSUED...
5/3/2011
LANDED..........
24/3/2011
canadayogini said:
Did you have an initial assessment letter and have to submit or redo extra documents? We had to, but provided all this mid-February. If you did get the letter, how long after that did you get your PPR? Sorry to be nosy and I know every case is different. I guess I'm just struggling to get information and also to stay patient when every natural instinct in my body is screaming at me to find a home and settle down.
Hey, no probs! We were lucky in that they never requested any extra docs... Though if they're at this point of the application, I'm sure it won't be long until completion.

You say the additional info was supplied mid-Feb? It's only the end of March now, so I wouldn't stress.

19 Nov 2010 - Received letter saying my Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) was approved and everything was being forwarded to Sydney.
2 Dec 2010 - Received AOR letter
18 Jan 2011 - Received letter (dated 10 Jan) from Sydney requesting our CSQ. (So there's 1.5 months between communications!) We emailed them a copy of the CSQ and it was accepted within 24 hours.
8 Feb 2011 - Received PPR email. We sent my passport two weeks later.
5 Mar 2011 - Received passport back

Give it a few more weeks - I'm sure you'll have heard back by then. Start looking at flight prices for now!

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011

kam1982

Feb 12, 2011
So now the waiting game begins. We sent our application to Mississauga on March 19th!

Can anyone clarify what are the steps involved when moving back to Quebec?
Will there be any forms and papers to fill, and what stage?
Andy waiting time from Quebec immigration?
etc
thanks

gally

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
10-03-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2011
Congrats Canadayogini on your PPR!! So happy for you and your family.

I hope I get mine soon. I wonder if I'll get mine via email rather than post.
Did your e-cas change?

What do you submit along with your passport? (I want to be ready) ;)

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
gally said:
Congrats Canadayogini on your PPR!! So happy for you and your family.

I hope I get mine soon. I wonder if I'll get mine via email rather than post.
Did your e-cas change?

What do you submit along with your passport? (I want to be ready) ;)
Thanks! Soooo excited. Bittersweet news - it's hard to make it seem like good news to the rest of the family here who were getting used to having us around. Terribly hard for my mum... I was feeling her pain, when I told her the news. But she understands that it's just moving to another country, not the moon and it's important to live authentically for what we truly want and believe in.

Other than the passport, the only other thing was they requested was that I fill out a very simple form (which they sent with the letter) to say passport holders name/passport number/expiry date/height/eye colour and then a tick in the box to say how I'd like the passport to be returned. By default they will do registered mail via Australia Post. I went to the post office today to compare options and just did the general registered post - no different to 'platinum' except it will take 3 days to arrive each way vs overnight. I figured I don't need it desperately, I've got til June til we fly out so there's time. On the letter they said it will take 5-10 days to process at the consulate.

I haven't checked e-Cas today but since last week there was no change (still said in process).

Good luck Gally! Won't be long for you now either.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Canadayogini. Good to see some of FAM applicant getting PPR while we FSW-1's waiting for long for the same or even expect them in recent time from Sydney CHC. It does at least indicate they are working categorically and any new issuance of PPR/Visa let our hope bound further... Good luck and all the best.

Just wondering if one select Platinum post instead of default registered post...as choice of getting back passport.. then does he/she have to sent the prepaid self addressed sachet of platinum post along with the passport pack? Did your PPR requested for any photo to send along? Thanks

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
Hi Fariza,

I wasn't requested to send any passport photos with the passport - but this was requested during the initial application I sent last year so I assume they've held on to them.

With platinum post or any other method other than standard Aus Post registered (courier etc), yes, you have to pay for post both ways and include a self addressed satchel - they recommend the 1kg platinum satchel for express post option on the letter.

Hope you don't have to wait much longer for your visa too.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadayogini said:
Hi Fariza,

I wasn't requested to send any passport photos with the passport - but this was requested during the initial application I sent last year so I assume they've held on to them.

With platinum post or any other method other than standard Aus Post registered (courier etc), yes, you have to pay for post both ways and include a self addressed satchel - they recommend the 1kg platinum satchel for express post option on the letter.

Hope you don't have to wait much longer for your visa too.
Ok many thanks. Wish you get your visa soon. take care