+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applications sent OCTOBER 2009

kierra

Jul 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats!! What an awesome time line. I have been watching your case as our has been almost the same in time line - through Buffalo, nov 19th received the notice that interview was waived and I also had to fax Ottawa for my sons medicals to be forwarded. Perhaps the fact that we waited to pay the right of landing fee until requested to do so is whats slowing mine down. Holding my breath now!!

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karlshammar said:
Congratulations! I received a PPR by email less than a week after my status changed to decision made.
So, what exactly is in a passport request? Is there some form in the e-mail that you fill out and include with your passport?

And what's the likelihood that they'll contact me by e-mail instead of regular mail? It's been three days, and no e-mail. The only e-mail I've received up to this point is the tersely worded "do not respond" e-mail with my file number; all other correspondence I've gotten from CIC has been by regular old Canada Post/USPS.

I'm just wondering if it's worth bringing my passport with me on vacation in case I get an e-mailed request while I'm away from home.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The main message itself was only 4 sentences asking me for my passport and told me the date they needed to receive it by. It also contained links with instructions, basically how to mail it or when and where to do it in person, as well as the additional things they needed (a paper with my name, height and eye color, as well as 3 visa-sized photos).

(These are visa-photo specifications: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs.asp )

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kierra said:
congrats!! What an awesome time line. I have been watching your case as our has been almost the same in time line - through Buffalo, nov 19th received the notice that interview was waived and I also had to fax Ottawa for my sons medicals to be forwarded. Perhaps the fact that we waited to pay the right of landing fee until requested to do so is whats slowing mine down. Holding my breath now!!
Thanks Kierra! Yes, I remember seeing that you were right behind me. I am guessing that the fee payment is exactly what has delayed yours a bit. Have you paid it now? If so, I am sure you will be hearing something very soon! Buffalo is on their game right now... good luck to you!

kierra

Jul 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh heck yeah... we paid it like the very next day. hahaha not trying to waste ANY time!!!

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then I bet you will be hearing any day now! I kinda feel like Buffalo is busting their balls to get a bunch of application processed before the holidays, so they can enjoy their time off!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
YorkFactory said:
So, what exactly is in a passport request? Is there some form in the e-mail that you fill out and include with your passport?

And what's the likelihood that they'll contact me by e-mail instead of regular mail? It's been three days, and no e-mail. The only e-mail I've received up to this point is the tersely worded "do not respond" e-mail with my file number; all other correspondence I've gotten from CIC has been by regular old Canada Post/USPS.

I'm just wondering if it's worth bringing my passport with me on vacation in case I get an e-mailed request while I'm away from home.
in our letter they just asked to send passports by mail, or come in person and gave us 60 days of deadline. also they asked if there had been any changed to family members. that's all, no photos request, no extra forms or docs.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
I am now in process and have been so since December 8th! :)

...and eCAS updated on a Friday...how about that... :p

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Swede said:

congratulations, Swede! it looks like they improved their updating service! great!

The Littlest Hobo

Star Member
Nov 13, 2009
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
File Transfer...
7-12-2009
Passport Req..
18-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
3-02-2010
LANDED..........
20-03-2010
Swede said:

Wow, we're still in step nearly - that's cool! Congrats!

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Swede said:

Congrats Swede! London is processing visa's exceptionally fast as of late, so you might expect to hear something within a month or so.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations!

Swede said:

There's nothing unusual about a Friday update. I hope we will soon be able to put to rest the myth that updates only happen on a specific day (was it Monday that the myth stated?). :)

UK2TO

Star Member
Sep 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2009
Med's Done....
7-10-2009
Passport Req..
25-02-2010
Swede said:

[/quote

Hi Swede, have you received your AOR letter or anytihng like that??

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
UK2TO said:
Hi Swede, have you received your AOR letter or anytihng like that??
I received no formal AOR, but I've heard not everyone get them.

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got an e-mailed passport request from Buffalo! Good news on a stressful workday.