2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
YorkFactory said:
Swede said:
Are you co-sponsoring someone?
No! We would have sent it in with the rest of the application if they had indicated up front that it was necessary.
ouch...that worries me... My sponsor and I actually signed the declaration but didn't send it since it wasn't on the check list...

Is it advisable to send it to London just in case?

Good luck anyway.

UK2TO

Star Member
Sep 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2009
Med's Done....
7-10-2009
Passport Req..
25-02-2010
I didn't sign that form, as it was not needed...

maybe others will comment....

The Littlest Hobo

Star Member
Nov 13, 2009
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
File Transfer...
7-12-2009
Passport Req..
18-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
3-02-2010
LANDED..........
20-03-2010
Swede said:
thai/peg said:
Logged onto ECAS today and Singapore has started processing my hubby's application. Yay Monday!!
Congrats! :)
...although it makes me a little envious that I didn't see my application being processed since our timelines are identical thusfar... _p
Yes, congrats thai/peg! I'm also jealous :-D Monday came and went with no news for us... I know that doesn't mean nothing is happening :) But anyways, my hubby can't land until late March because of his job, so there is no hurry - so long as nothing causes major delays we'll be happy! I think ours might be slowed down if we have to wait for the marriage certificate so you'll both likely be done before we are. Although the two who applied through Berlin in early September have had their PPRs already! Very encouraging that the official wait times are over-estimated! I guess the London office is quick Swede, you should be in and out in no time flat! Hålla tummarna!

Cheers,
TLH

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Havent updated in a few weeks.

We received the initial assessment letter dated Nov 19, stating interview would be waived, and they have proof we completed medicals, but have yet to receive them. We faxed the Ottawa Regional Medical Office to verify if they have our medicals and request they send them to Buffalo (from what I have heard, sometimes they do not send upon Buffalo's request, so I wanted to ensure they were on it!)
Ottawa faxed back within a day and confirmed they have now forwarded my bf's medicals to Buffalo. Hopefully it wont be long now- and Buffalo will be able to finalize upon receipt of the medicals! Fingers crossed... ;)

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
congratulations, diddagirl! let you have the most precious present for Christmas! :)

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
diddagirl said:
Havent updated in a few weeks.

We received the initial assessment letter dated Nov 19, stating interview would be waived, and they have proof we completed medicals, but have yet to receive them. We faxed the Ottawa Regional Medical Office to verify if they have our medicals and request they send them to Buffalo (from what I have heard, sometimes they do not send upon Buffalo's request, so I wanted to ensure they were on it!)
Ottawa faxed back within a day and confirmed they have now forwarded my bf's medicals to Buffalo. Hopefully it wont be long now- and Buffalo will be able to finalize upon receipt of the medicals! Fingers crossed... ;)
Congrats! :)

The Littlest Hobo

Star Member
Nov 13, 2009
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
File Transfer...
7-12-2009
Passport Req..
18-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
3-02-2010
LANDED..........
20-03-2010
diddagirl said:
they have proof we completed medicals, but have yet to receive them. We faxed the Ottawa Regional Medical Office to verify if they have our medicals and request they send them to Buffalo (from what I have heard, sometimes they do not send upon Buffalo's request, so I wanted to ensure they were on it!)
Ottawa faxed back within a day and confirmed they have now forwarded my bf's medicals to Buffalo
Wow, that is a really good tip diddagirl, it seems crazy that they didn't do it until you kicked their butts like that - but good thing that you did! Thanks for sharing, and congrats on the positive progress!

Have a good weekend all,
TLH

Ssarah183

Star Member
Jun 5, 2009
Swede said:
YorkFactory said:
Swede said:
Are you co-sponsoring someone?
No! We would have sent it in with the rest of the application if they had indicated up front that it was necessary.
ouch...that worries me... My sponsor and I actually signed the declaration but didn't send it since it wasn't on the check list...

Is it advisable to send it to London just in case?

Good luck anyway.
We didn't sign the declaration as I wasn't being co sponsored but we also didn't leave any paperwork out. We just wrote "not applicable" at the top of the forms that didn't apply to us. We went through Buffalo also initially and our application was expedited to Detroit where it was processed and approved.

The Littlest Hobo

Star Member
Nov 13, 2009
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
File Transfer...
7-12-2009
Passport Req..
18-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
3-02-2010
LANDED..........
20-03-2010
Marriage certificate from Ontario

UK2TO said:
When did you have your marriage, and when did the person who performed the wedding submitt the paperwork....

im waiting for my marriage certificate....we had our marriage at the end of september, its about 7 weeks now...and still waiting....i can't believe it takes this long to register a marriage...

i guess we just have to wait...

let me know if you get any news from service ontario..

thanks
Hey UK to the T-dot,
exciting news today: I checked the service ontario site to track my order for a copy of the marriage certificate and it said "processed and mailed Nov 27!" so I looked in the mailbox and voilà - happy happy joy joy!

BTW, our wedding was Oct 16 at Toronto City Hall, maybe they are extra-quick about filing theirs (they have so many - there can be a couple getting married every 30 minutes all day long! Like a factory!!!) So we will send it off on Monday morning priority mail to Berlin. Hopefully it hasn't held up our file too much. I think we actually forgot to mention in our file that we knew it was needed and would send it later, hopefully they noticed that our date was so recent and figured it the reason why we only included the solemnization of vows - whoops!

Now I need to look this up, because I forget, but do we send the original or do they only want a copy?

Have you received yours yet? You still have that rotten Royal Mail strike going on? If you wait until the marriage is registered at Service Ontario, then you can choose a faster shipping option. Dunno if they courier it though, so even priority mail might not help.

Well I'm so excited, I didn't think I would have any progress on a weekend but hey, you never know!

Cheers all,
TLH

UK2TO

Star Member
Sep 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2009
Med's Done....
7-10-2009
Passport Req..
25-02-2010
hey all

Have an updated, on friday i logged onto E-CAS in the morning and there was no updated, checked (being a sunday) there was an update, I assume it happened sometime friday after i checked.

Under Permanent Residence Application Status it says "in process" and the following when i click on it:

We started processing xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxx's application on November 24, 2009.

So excited, next thing is medical and passport....

goodluck everyone esle, being monday tomorrow maybe there are updates for others.

Taha

UK2TO

Star Member
Sep 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2009
Med's Done....
7-10-2009
Passport Req..
25-02-2010
Re: Marriage certificate from Ontario

The Littlest Hobo said:
UK2TO said:
When did you have your marriage, and when did the person who performed the wedding submitt the paperwork....

im waiting for my marriage certificate....we had our marriage at the end of september, its about 7 weeks now...and still waiting....i can't believe it takes this long to register a marriage...

i guess we just have to wait...

let me know if you get any news from service ontario..

thanks
Hey UK to the T-dot,
exciting news today: I checked the service ontario site to track my order for a copy of the marriage certificate and it said "processed and mailed Nov 27!" so I looked in the mailbox and voilà - happy happy joy joy!

BTW, our wedding was Oct 16 at Toronto City Hall, maybe they are extra-quick about filing theirs (they have so many - there can be a couple getting married every 30 minutes all day long! Like a factory!!!) So we will send it off on Monday morning priority mail to Berlin. Hopefully it hasn't held up our file too much. I think we actually forgot to mention in our file that we knew it was needed and would send it later, hopefully they noticed that our date was so recent and figured it the reason why we only included the solemnization of vows - whoops!

Now I need to look this up, because I forget, but do we send the original or do they only want a copy?

Have you received yours yet? You still have that rotten Royal Mail strike going on? If you wait until the marriage is registered at Service Ontario, then you can choose a faster shipping option. Dunno if they courier it though, so even priority mail might not help.

Well I'm so excited, I didn't think I would have any progress on a weekend but hey, you never know!

Cheers all,
TLH

Thanks for the date

Thats good news that you got your marriage certificate.....

i called in friday to get an update and they said it registered, and it should show me online soon (not sure what that means), but i have already paid for the marriage certificate ($30 for 2 copies). I'll just have to wait now, maybe i'll call tomorrow and see what they say, the problem is everyone you talk to they give a different answer.....

I'll keep you posted..

Prodigy4299

Star Member
Oct 25, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
23-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2010
LANDED..........
26-07-2010
Hi UK2TO!

We're pretty much in the same boat as you, just a week or so ahead. Just so know what to expect:

This morning when I logged on it said this:

We started processing xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx's application on November 19, 2009.

Medical results have been received.

The wording of it is kind of funny, because they've had the medicals all along. We sent them along with everything else. Anyway, At least it's nice to see that they're making progress...

Best of luck to us all!

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Prodigy4299 said:
The wording of it is kind of funny, because they've had the medicals all along. We sent them along with everything else.
What they mean is that they received the report from the DMP, which was never given to you.

Prodigy4299

Star Member
Oct 25, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
23-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2010
LANDED..........
26-07-2010
YorkFactory said:
Prodigy4299 said:
The wording of it is kind of funny, because they've had the medicals all along. We sent them along with everything else.
What they mean is that they received the report from the DMP, which was never given to you.
Ah! Then that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the explanation! :)