Passport Req..
25-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
lynw said:
Landed today! Exhausted, happy it's over, welcome to Canada me? LOL

When you get your passport back from CIC there is a nice shiny sticker in it. At the border they then scribble over the sticker in pen, and staple a tatty thermal copy paper into your passport. Such an anticlimax!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! ;D

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
midnightmav said:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! ;D
Thank you! It still hasn't sunk in. You're next I hope! And Raucy too.

Feeling much better after a sleep, so today it's time to go see about a SIN number and then... work?? Arrgh! :p

I feel like I ought to offer some tips on the landing process but it really was pretty straightforward. Any questions please ask!

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Hi everyone, in your Acknowledgment of Receipt letter. Was there a paragraph like this...

here is what they said in the letter:

5th paragraph.
Please be advised that you are required to provide all necessary documents to prove that the relationship between you and your sponsor is genuine. if you have not already done so, please submit to our office proof of the relationship including letters, cards, photos, phone bills, proof of sponsor`s visits and or other documents that prove ongoing contract between you and your sponsor. please do not submit used phone cards are they will be destroyed. it is important to note that providing convincing proof of your relationship at this time has a direct impact on the speed and efficiiency upon which we are able to process your application. you are required to provide this information to this office within 30 days of the date of this letter. please quote your file number listed above in all correspondence with this office.

«Just wondering.

watercast

Jun 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo ->Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2010
Congratulations to you both lynw and britincanada!! :)

I haven't been able to see "in-process" on ecas. Its been for a month since I got an e-mail from Buffalo that says my app was transfered to Japan and heard nothing since then. I emailed to japan office last week and they said they haven't got my app yet... How long does it take to transfer and can see my status on ecas usually? I'm so worried if they lost my app? Where and how can I ask what's going on with my app? or Its JUST a month? I should just wait?? Dose anyone have advice? :(

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
watercast, I don't know what Japan's current AOR timeline is but your application is in a queue waiting for them to open it and enter it into their system. Until this is done they will keep telling you that they don't have it since they can't see it in their system yet. The actual physical transfer takes a matter of days but the amount of time before they open your application and start to process it varies from office to office (and week to week!).

A month is not too long, mine took about a month and a half before we were in process but Japan might be even slower, I don't know.

Hang in there, its unlikely that they have lost it :) they're just busy and haven't gotten to it yet.

@HoneyBird - I don't recall seeing anything like that on mine or on my friend's (who also posted scans of all her letters online). The AOR was just like "we may ask you for an interview and let us know if your status or address changes" that sort of thing.

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
@Honey Bird, mine had nothing like that - I just pulled it out to double check. but I am thru Buffalo. Perhaps that matters.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
well then definitely i need to submit information!!!!!! like i said before on the forum, what we submitted previously was very little. simply because we never thought at the beginning of the relationship that we would get married ! lol. plus i never saved emails, etc (until i saw the sponsor forms but that was after we got married) and we applied mere 2-3 weeks after we got married. so maybe they need to see more of our relationship after marriage. Great! well on to a working holiday in October when i visit hubby. :mad: We have to make sure and smile for immigration pictures! ;D

Sep 21, 2010
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-12-2010
HoneyBird said:
well then definitely i need to submit information!!!!!! like i said before on the forum, what we submitted previously was very little. simply because we never thought at the beginning of the relationship that we would get married ! lol. plus i never saved emails, etc (until i saw the sponsor forms but that was after we got married) and we applied mere 2-3 weeks after we got married. so maybe they need to see more of our relationship after marriage. Great! well on to a working holiday in October when i visit hubby. :mad: We have to make sure and smile for immigration pictures! ;D
Hello honeyBird, I may join in your thread... yeah, you really need to send those required docs.. I do understand your situation that you wasn't well prepared for the immigration stuffs due to unexpected marriage :). But now that you knew it.... it's your time to start doing something and give them a solid proof to convinced them that your relationship/marriage is genuine. They asked you those docs because based on what you stated above... you only sent them a very little proof of relationship.

Well, I also haven't seen that sort of AOR from them.

Here's what they said in their letter:

In order to continue with the processing of your application, we require the following information and/or documents;

1. Certificate of "Advisory of Marriages" issued by the National Statistics Office(NSO).
2. Original and valid passport(s)

*** To ensure timely processing and facilitate your travel, WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU SUBMIT THE NEW RED-COLORED PASSPORT(S) currently being issued by the Philippines Authorities as they are in compliance with the machine-readable passport requirement of International Civil Aviation Organization.

that's all that I got ...

Regards,
fil_love_can

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
lynw said:
Landed today! Exhausted, happy it's over, welcome to Canada me? LOL

When you get your passport back from CIC there is a nice shiny sticker in it. At the border they then scribble over the sticker in pen, and staple a tatty thermal copy paper into your passport. Such an anticlimax!
LOL...What?? I am so proud of my shiny sticker....Glad you had a good landing :p I have already filled out a ton of Job application forms and my printer is working overtime..again..to print off resumes and cover letters...

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
britincanada said:
LOL...What?? I am so proud of my shiny sticker....Glad you had a good landing :p I have already filled out a ton of Job application forms and my printer is working overtime..again..to print off resumes and cover letters...
Make the most of it! Seriously it's what they do.

Hey good for you! I've got my SIN number, so now I can job hunt too. Ummm... someone point me in a direction and fire me off? :D

Good luck with your landing and job search!

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
HoneyBird said:
Hi everyone, in your Acknowledgment of Receipt letter. Was there a paragraph like this...

here is what they said in the letter:

5th paragraph.
Please be advised that you are required to provide all necessary documents to prove that the relationship between you and your sponsor is genuine. if you have not already done so, please submit to our office proof of the relationship including letters, cards, photos, phone bills, proof of sponsor`s visits and or other documents that prove ongoing contract between you and your sponsor. please do not submit used phone cards are they will be destroyed. it is important to note that providing convincing proof of your relationship at this time has a direct impact on the speed and efficiiency upon which we are able to process your application. you are required to provide this information to this office within 30 days of the date of this letter. please quote your file number listed above in all correspondence with this office.

«Just wondering.
I wouldnt worry about it too much just gather as much info as you can and send it ASAP...I didnt have anything like this..but then I spent the past 5 years collecting evidence..and submitted a copy of every Christmas Card we received or sent to each other, Birthday Cards, Valentines Cards..and cards just because :D..cards we were given for our daughters birth/baby shower and our wedding...think my application was over kill really..they probably didnt look at half of it..just flipped through.. we only had 2 phone bills, about 25 receipts from Western Union (Tim sent money for Keira), About 15 photos of us together and with the kids, 50 Wedding Photos, I have been Beneficiary on my Husbands life insurance since March 2006..I submitted every statement to show consistency..we didn't have too many joint accounts/bills so submitted 1 piece of evidence (bank statement/correspondence or bill) each for every month to prove we lived at the same address...I also saved flight Itinerary's and boarding passes for every flight..

Good luck with providing more proof.. :D

jerodkillick

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Alaska to Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-16-10
AOR Received.
8-24-10
File Transfer...
7-15-10
Med's Done....
5-3-10
Passport Req..
10-6-10
VISA ISSUED...
10-15-10
LANDED..........
November 27th, 2010
Feeling the "black hole" of Immigration process. I so wish they would give some updates from Buffalo. It is terrible being away from my spouse and not having our lives together. It is terrible having your life in someone elses hands. I have never experienced anything like this before. I sound like a sop! Just getting worn down I guess. Going to find some way to take action so Im not just sitting around waiting. More packing maybe? Hell, i dont know. Meditation? ::)

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jerodkillick said:
Feeling the "black hole" of Immigration process. I so wish they would give some updates from Buffalo. It is terrible being away from my spouse and not having our lives together. It is terrible having your life in someone elses hands. I have never experienced anything like this before. I sound like a sop! Just getting worn down I guess. Going to find some way to take action so Im not just sitting around waiting. More packing maybe? Hell, i dont know. Meditation? ::)
We're both in the blackhole...have not heard anything since we went "in process". More waiting for us!

jerodkillick

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Alaska to Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-16-10
AOR Received.
8-24-10
File Transfer...
7-15-10
Med's Done....
5-3-10
Passport Req..
10-6-10
VISA ISSUED...
10-15-10
LANDED..........
November 27th, 2010
Thanks for the support Jancath420. Bufl is so slow and lacks com. Daunting. Maybe I read the boards too much..... But hate how an application can keep a married couple appart. It is so crazy. They hold everything over us. I know it is a bad idea, but there are times that the inland process sure sounds better when it has been now more than 4 months since I have seen my spouse. m o r e meditation. ::)