+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Kayoe

Star Member
May 14, 2020
Thank you, Ebonychic, she will get it.
I didn't do a covid test. [Note that covid test is determined by your destination country & the airline you are travelling with. So check with your airline to know if it's required. Canada does not require a covid test].

About two & a half hours before we landed in Toronto, Canada, we were all given 3 forms (1. Health form 2. Quarantine form 3. Custom form) to fill as required by the Canadian government, & we submitted these forms to different officers in the airport.

When we landed, we were asked to come out of the plane in batches of 60 persons at every 5 mins due to covid, so as to limit the crowd within the airport.

A border officer asked me to show my visa & CPR, & she was quite friendly. Satisfied, she asked me to fill the required information on the CPR, and guided me through the process.

Then, she confirmed my address, how long I'll stay there & then told me that my PR card will be sent there in 2 or 3 months time, & that I should be around when it arrives.

This whole process was quite short as it took like 30mins coz of queue & waiting times. After that, I was cleared to leave & join my connecting flight to my destination province.

The Airport is very big & knowing your way around can be really exhausting. What helped me was asking questions, otherwise I would not have been able to even know my terminal for my last connecting flight, & maybe find my way out sef. But it was not difficult to get to those officers that will clear you to enter Canada.

An advice on your letter is to allow enough time between your arrival & your last connecting flight coz all these process will be done in your first landing airport in Canada, & sometimes the queue & waiting time may be quite long.
Quite a detailed report. Congratulations
Did u have to pick up your baggage upon landing in Canada and check in again prior to your last connecting flight or were your bags moved to your last destination?

Reactions: Dziggy

Prex19

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Quite a detailed report. Congratulations
Did u have to pick up your baggage upon landing in Canada and check in again prior to your last connecting flight or were your bags moved to your last destination?
Thanks Kayoe.
Oh, that's a very good question. Yes, I had to pick up my luggage & checked it in again to AirCanada, my last connecting flight.

Reactions: Dziggy and king9999

Dami Faj

Jan 18, 2020
Not yet
Did medicals in sept
Got pre arrival mails after 2 weeks
Added my baby 3 weeks ago
Since then nothing from them
Hi Adeolafun
I can see you added your baby to your ongoing PR application. We raised a webform to notify IRCC of our baby’s birth and uploaded the documents required to add him but we are yet to get any response.
Please can you confirm if that’s the correct process for adding one’s baby to a ongoing PR application. If no, provide guidance on how to add my baby to my PR application.
Thanks

BekkyO

Sep 26, 2020
Hello all

Is anybody here with an Expired COPR issued before March 18th? have you sent ready to fly webform and have you gotten any response from Accra?

Thanks