Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
Hello house ,

Please advise us on what we can do
CIC received husby passport since Nov 23,
They requested for Maryland police clearance, FBI clearance and medical . We provide the Maryland clearance and medical but the FBI is taking long to get . But Accra has his passport since over a month. We have sent lot and lots of mail
please what should we do? We won’t received the FBI clearance till late January or maybe February. It taking so long. Should we be scared ?

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hello house ,

They requested for Maryland police clearance, FBI clearance and medical . We provide the Maryland clearance and medical but the FBI is taking long to get . But Accra has his passport since over a month. We have sent lot and lots of mail
please what should we do? We won’t received the FBI clearance till late January or maybe February. It taking so long. Should we be scared ?
Since you are waiting for 1 more police certificate and AVO already have the passport they will not return it until the police clearance is submitted for final review because they do not like long process of returning and then having to request it again upon receipt of FBI clearance.
There is not much you can do.
Follow up with FBI clearance to find out expected date when it will be completed.
No reason to be scared AVO can hold passports for long period of time and with your situation might be longer given they are waiting for further review so no need to panic sit back and relax...

you can request passport back if your partner needs to travel then yes send them an email but if that's not the case then leave the passport with AVO to avoid more shipping fees of sending it back to them later on...

Lagos babe

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hello house ,

There's nothing to be scared of.
Your PR application with CIC, AVO is not complete without them receiving the FBI Certificate.
You can only request your passport if you need it to travel, but you would have to resend it to AVO, to get your Immigrant visa.
If you don't need to travel, just put your mind off it, your application would be pending till you get the FBI Certificate.
The truth is you would not get a pick up mail, till you have met all requirements.
Your application is already approved, the delay is not from AVO.

Reactions: Akanni2017

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
send with application/ PASSED
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
Since you are waiting for 1 more police certificate and AVO already have the passport they will not return it until the police clearance is submitted for final review because they do not like long process of returning and then having to request it again upon receipt of FBI clearance.
There is not much you can do.
Follow up with FBI clearance to find out expected date when it will be completed.
No reason to be scared AVO can hold passports for long period of time and with your situation might be longer given they are waiting for further review so no need to panic sit back and relax...

you can request passport back if your partner needs to travel then yes send them an email but if that's not the case then leave the passport with AVO to avoid more shipping fees of sending it back to them later on...
Thank you so much
I guess we just have to wait for the FBI .

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Hello roomies! I've been away de more than two weeks now. I was busy trying to gather fresh evidence and other documents to send to AVO after I received the email (procedural fairness) from them. I just confirmed that it has been signed for at the high commission. I'm February applicant, pls does anyone knows how long it will take for them to contact me again?

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hello roomies! I've been away de more than two weeks now. I was busy trying to gather fresh evidence and other documents to send to AVO after I received the email (procedural fairness) from them. I just confirmed that it has been signed for at the high commission. I'm February applicant, pls does anyone knows how long it will take for them to contact me again?
Hi Kwamtin,

AVO letter stated to provide the additional document within 30 days for review so its safe to say review from December 14 -January 14 within the 30 days for decision to be made I believe you got the letter around Dec 14th or so I do not remember the exact date but its 30 days from that letter.

Hopefully we get an approval for you by Jan 14th God willing.. so hope to hear something within the time frame I have allocated unless AVO is swamped with backlogs then you know the drill pend it to end of January just an FYI

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Hi Kwamtin,

AVO letter stated to provide the additional document within 30 days for review so its safe to say review from December 14 -January 14 within the 30 days for decision to be made I believe you got the letter around Dec 14th or so I do not remember the exact date but its 30 days from that letter.

Hopefully we get an approval for you by Jan 14th God willing.. so hope to hear something within the time frame I have allocated unless AVO is swamped with backlogs then you know the drill pend it to end of January just an FYI
Hi @Cutie101, the letter was dated on December 12th.
AVO received my package from DHL this afternoon which is 29th, so yeah January 12th will be exactly 30days. I sent them more proof of ongoing communication, letters from the minister who blessed our marriage and family And friends attesting to our marriage, from both myself and my spouse. Also evidence of my wife putting me on her health insurance, photocopy ID of my wife's name change to mine. More marriage photos, western union transaction etc. I don't know what else to send again. Hopefully they don't ask for any more proof

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hi @Cutie101, the letter was dated on December 12th.
AVO received my package from DHL this afternoon which is 29th, so yeah January 12th will be exactly 30days. I sent them more proof of ongoing communication, letters from the minister who blessed our marriage and family And friends attesting to our marriage, from both myself and my spouse. Also evidence of my wife putting me on her health insurance, photocopy ID of my wife's name change to mine. More marriage photos, western union transaction etc. I don't know what else to send again. Hopefully they don't ask for any more proof
Send them your blood type as well heheheheh (jokes jokes) knowing them they probably have it too

You have done very well with all information gathering very sufficient for mitigating current risk protocol and to me which is NONE as you have provided enough proof for ongoing relationship, relatives attesting to your marriage and all other documents shows genuine relationship which qualifies you as member of family class so just thank the Lord and leave it in his control he shall prevail.
Happy New year in advance

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Send them your blood type as well heheheheh (jokes jokes) knowing them they probably have it too

You have done very well with all information gathering very sufficient for mitigating current risk protocol and to me which is NONE as you have provided enough proof for ongoing relationship, relatives attesting to your marriage and all other documents shows genuine relationship which qualifies you as member of family class so just thank the Lord and leave it in his control he shall prevail.

Hahaha They already have my blood type because I didn't medicals already.
I know I have sent them enough this time and hopefully everything will be fine. I've done my part, I leave the rest to the almighty God to finish it and make it a reality for me in Jesus name
Thank you so much and I wish you a happy new year as well. You've been a source of inspiration to me throughout this process and I really appreciate that, thank you once again. Will update the house when I hear from them.

Cosey

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
They usually go back and work on a file after the time given to submit additional documents. You may submit additional documents within the first 5 days of the 30days but you should expect the feedback after the 30-day period. Once the the essential thing has been done getting the results today or tomorrow is inconsequential. Leave them to do their work. What you sent really matters.
By the way i did not hear from you again the last time we spoke. Happy new year to you in advance and best of luck this year.

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
They usually go back and work on a file after the time given to submit additional documents. You may submit additional documents within the first 5 days of the 30days but you should expect the feedback after the 30-day period. Once the the essential thing has been done getting the results today or tomorrow is inconsequential. Leave them to do their work. What you sent really matters.
By the way i did not hear from you again the last time we spoke. Happy new year to you in advance and best of luck this year.
Hi @Cosey, yeah I was very busy trying to gather all my documents from my family and that of my wife and her family so I honestly forgot. But yeah hopefully everything goes well this time, I leave all to God.
Happy new year to you too bro, all the best!

Blackstar67

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Hello everyone i would like to wish my fellow forumers a merry christmas and a happy new year in advance. i posted about 2 weeks ago regarding more proof of my marriage. i do have insurance policy with my wife and her daughter as beneficiary but the problem on the beneficiary form, i listed my wife daughter as my child. I am wondering if its ok to send it to them as my child.Thank you