+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Pls when does background check start pls ?
If we are are april applicants and meds done and bcg has not started yet. We did meds july so far 5mins in so YOU HAVE to wait another 5 months after medicals for bcg to begin then again everyone is different.
You have awhile to go

Cei325

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
If we are are april applicants and meds done and bcg has not started yet. We did meds july so far 5mins in so YOU HAVE to wait another 5 months after medicals for bcg to begin then again everyone is different.
You have awhile to go
Are you trying to say for most applications they start background check 5 months after medicals, but everybody is different ? If bg check is 5 months and medicals 5 months after application then 10 months is gone already. Nawa o. I am June 28th.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Are you trying to say for most applications they start background check 5 months after medicals, but everybody is different ? If bg check is 5 months and medicals 5 months after application then 10 months is gone already. Nawa o. I am June 28th.
Diff for everyone case by case
I just gave you example feb 2017 applicants r being reviewed now you have awhile to go hun. .....

Reactions: Cei325

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Good morning house! I've just received an email from AVO. I need advice on the IMM 5669 question 4 d. I remember I was a dependent on my half sister's application over 15 years ago. My sister was approved but I was not because they claimed my DNA did not match my dad. Now I'm using a different passport with a changed surname so I don't know what they mean by I did not answer truthfully.
Please I need advice. Below is the email:
I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 117(1) (a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;

Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.

Based on the evidence that you provided I am not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. The documents provided are of little value in determining a bona fide ongoing relationship. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be considered to be a member of the family class.

And further, I am not convinced that you answered truthfully question 4 d) on the IMM5669 Schedule A when you answered ‘no’ to ever having been refused an immigrant visa to Canada before.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to me. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

As stated above, you must provide any additional information within thirty days from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information an officer will make a decision based on the information presented, which may result in the refusal of your application.

Please note that submission in person will not be accepted.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
@Kwamtin did you answer yes or no to the said question? If you answered NO and never sent them an update about making a mistake with that question, then they are right unfortunately. I don't how to advice you in that regard. Also, you might need to explain your change in surname to them and provide legal documents to back it up. Also they don't seem to be satisfied with the evidence of your relationship you submitted. If you can share the details of what you initially submitted, we might suggest extra stuff that you can send to them. Ill advice that you shouldn't be in too much of a hurry to respond to them until you can actually provide a reasonable feedback.

Denne

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Ghana
App. Filed.......
16-08--2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2017
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
Nov. 08. 2017
Interview........
Nov. 08.2017
Passport Req..
Nov 08. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 18, 2017
LANDED..........
Loading............!
Good morning house! I've just received an email from AVO. I need advice on the IMM 5669 question 4 d. I remember I was a dependent on my half sister's application over 15 years ago. My sister was approved but I was not because they claimed my DNA did not match my dad. Now I'm using a different passport with a changed surname so I don't know what they mean by I did not answer truthfully.
Please I need advice. Below is the email:
I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 117(1) (a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;

Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.

Based on the evidence that you provided I am not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. The documents provided are of little value in determining a bona fide ongoing relationship. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be considered to be a member of the family class.

And further, I am not convinced that you answered truthfully question 4 d) on the IMM5669 Schedule A when you answered ‘no’ to ever having been refused an immigrant visa to Canada before.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to me. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

As stated above, you must provide any additional information within thirty days from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information an officer will make a decision based on the information presented, which may result in the refusal of your application.

Please note that submission in person will not be accepted.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section
Please dear you don't need to panic much. I got same message during my own process though I did not apply as a dependent but directly on spousal sponsorship.
My advice is that you gather more proof (documents) that explains your relationship more like notarized letters from family and friends that can attest for the relationship, other genuine particulars, pictures etc but please note that recent proofs especially after submission of applications would be more accepted than old ones.
Regarding the Form imm5669, I advice you attach the form to the current evidences you will submitting with a cover letter explaining that form very well.
Then send the additional supporting documents via any good courier company to them and also upload the ones you can on the cic website.

Note that you may be invited for interview after this , that is, if they are not convinced by what you will be sending them.

Good luck.

Reactions: Cutie101

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
@Kwamtin did you answer yes or no to the said question? If you answered NO and never sent them an update about making a mistake with that question, then they are right unfortunately. I don't how to advice you in that regard. Also, you might need to explain your change in surname to them and provide legal documents to back it up. Also they don't seem to be satisfied with the evidence of your relationship you submitted. If you can share the details of what you initially submitted, we might suggest extra stuff that you can send to them. Ill advice that you shouldn't be in too much of a hurry to respond to them until you can actually provide a reasonable feedback.
I responded NO to the question because I thought with a different passport and different surname t wouldnt be a problem. And also I was a dependent so I thought everything was alright. I don't have any legal document to back up the change of the surname.
Initially I have already submitted my marriage cirtificate, tickets an drew photos of my wife's visit even before we got married. And I sent them WhatsApp chats and voice calls an drew videos evidence as well all in February when I applied. I also updated them with photo evidence of our traditional and white wedding ceremony in September. I don't know what to send them again, maybe update them with ongoing communication and have our parents write letters to show them their concern. I just don't know what to send them now.

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Please dear you don't need to panic much. I got same message during my own process though I did not apply as a dependent but directly on spousal sponsorship.
My advice is that you gather more proof (documents) that explains your relationship more like notarized letters from family and friends that can attest for the relationship, other genuine particulars, pictures etc but please note that recent proofs especially after submission of applications would be more accepted than old ones.
Regarding the Form imm5669, I advice you attach the form to the current evidences you will submitting with a cover letter explaining that form very well.
Then send the additional supporting documents via any good courier company to them and also upload the ones you can on the cic website.

Note that you may be invited for interview after this , that is, if they are not convinced by what you will be sending them.

Good luck.
Thanks for your advice my dear. I still have our chats up till date since I applied. And I will have family and friends wrote letters just like you said.
With the schedule A, how do I explain to them? I just don't know how to explain it.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
I think as far as evidence is concerned, it can be easily tackled. The most pressing issue right now is the change in name, passport and that question you answered NO to. The questions you may need to tackle while trying to solve this issue are
1. Is there any reason you changed your name that can convince the visa officer that you were not trying to deceive him?
2. Have you been using this name fora long time prior to applying for this spousal sponsorship? If yes, provide instances and documents that show that this new name has been in use for a long time.
3. Do you have any change of name documents that prove that you are the same person as your former name?
4. Does your wife know about the name disparities?
I'm not trying to scare you with the questions but this is a serious issue and you need to tackle it wisely or it may lead to them slamming you with representation. I wish you contacted them earlier to rectify this as we have been having an ongoing debate here about reaching out to them before they contact you. Think about these questions and any other advice that other people here may have so you know how best to defend your case.

I responded NO to the question because I thought with a different passport and different surname t wouldnt be a problem. And also I was a dependent so I thought everything was alright. I don't have any legal document to back up the change of the surname.
Initially I have already submitted my marriage cirtificate, tickets an drew photos of my wife's visit even before we got married. And I sent them WhatsApp chats and voice calls an drew videos evidence as well all in February when I applied. I also updated them with photo evidence of our traditional and white wedding ceremony in September. I don't know what to send them again, maybe update them with ongoing communication and have our parents write letters to show them their concern. I just don't know what to send them now.

Reactions: Forte

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Kwamtin to offer my opinion and advice, i don't think this has anything to do with the relationship proof because it looks like you've submitted a lot already. Probably even more than what other successful applicants have.

I believe the key question in the IOs mind is credibility. A lot of the relationship proofs we submit have to be accepted at face value. So the IO looks at the overall credibility of the applicant to judge whether the relationship is genuine or not.

Focus on sorting out the name change thing. It's even more critical because it involved a previous immigration attempt and that's why it's throwing up thoughts of a MOC in the IOs mind.

Reactions: Elohim and Ugoswife

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
I think as far as evidence is concerned, it can be easily tackled. The most pressing issue right now is the change in name, passport and that question you answered NO to. The questions you may need to tackle while trying to solve this issue are
1. Is there any reason you changed your name that can convince the visa officer that you were not trying to deceive him?
2. Have you been using this name fora long time prior to applying for this spousal sponsorship? If yes, provide instances and documents that show that this new name has been in use for a long time.
3. Do you have any change of name documents that prove that you are the same person as your former name?
4. Does your wife know about the name disparities?
I'm not trying to scare you with the questions but this is a serious issue and you need to tackle it wisely or it may lead to them slamming you with representation. I wish you contacted them earlier to rectify this as we have been having an ongoing debate here about reaching out to them before they contact you. Think about these questions and any other advice that other people here may have so you know how best to defend your case.
The surname was changed when I was entering junior high school because at that time the DNA had proved that the man was not my biological dad. And all my school transcripts from junior high through to secondary and tertiary are the sameness name in using now. And yes my wife is aware of this. She kept getting worried about this with the immigration but I didn't know it will lead to this.

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Kwamtin to offer my opinion and advice, i don't think this has anything to do with the relationship proof because it looks like you've submitted a lot already. Probably even more than what other successful applicants have.

I believe the key question in the IOs mind is credibility. A lot of the relationship proofs we submit have to be accepted at face value. So the IO looks at the overall credibility of the applicant to judge whether the relationship is genuine or not.

Focus on sorting out the name change thing. It's even more critical because it involved a previous immigration attempt and that's why it's throwing up thoughts of a MOC in the IOs mind.
You have a point, upon receiving this email I have not been able to concentrate as I don't even know where to start or how to write this explanatory letter.
They also said I have a message in my online account but I can't open it as I've been trying since morning. I have a pop up email alert so I tried opening it immediately I had the email. I don't even know what's in my online account inbox.