Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
I just wanted to be on the safe side by acknowledging the mistake on time and not to take chances at all
actually someone in this thread or another has been rejected as misrepresentation for not selecting that they have been refused a visa in another country before. I'm sitting here wondering what I would do in your situation @larrykay247. I would probably have done the same thing than wait for them to refuse me first then I say, "oh xyz ..." It's probably best they have it 'cos this is not one of those optional docs/pieces of info and if they find out after that your lied on your immigration forms, they could try to take it from you (There are cases where dependents were sponsored while married and didn't report it as such and Canada tries to take the PR from them years later as they were ineligible at the time they received it).

Also, in some of our cases, our background check is still showing as in progress even though we have been asked to submit our passports, so you can never really be sure when they will come across it. At the end of the day, if it makes you sleep better at night, then you should be content with one less thing to fret and wonder about.

Akanni2017

Oct 4, 2017
Lagos Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
File Transfer...
14-07-2017
Med's Request
17-10-2017
Med's Done....
19-10-2017
Passport Req..
hopeful
VISA ISSUED...
hopeful
LANDED..........
hopeful
Any June 2017 Applicant that has received medical request pls i just need to know. Very Curious.
YES I have am June 15 applicant ...now waiting game for ppr. It will come all will need is more patient to hold till end. It us well house.

Reactions: me2605 and Cei325

Akanni2017

Oct 4, 2017
Lagos Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
File Transfer...
14-07-2017
Med's Request
17-10-2017
Med's Done....
19-10-2017
Passport Req..
hopeful
VISA ISSUED...
hopeful
LANDED..........
hopeful
So far tI know its gaed ey have requested medicals for early June applicants. Am June 27th and still waiting. I think they do it in batches. Lets keep praying that it comes by next week.
It will come just stay positive and relax your mind ...i know it's hard wen waiting for medical and ppr not to talk pum. All good just patient we all need in this process. One love house.

Reactions: Cei325

olawunmif

Jul 22, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
File Transfer...
27-01-17
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None so far
Passport Req..
Expectant
VISA ISSUED...
Expectant
@Cutie101 my medicals showed in progress from gcms notes. Criminality and others havent even started. To be honest i cried myself to sleep last night. Nt that im not happy but im just tired and worried. I mean my aor was 3rd of jan and sent to accra on the 27th. I did my medicals and police clearance in oct 2016 when hubby came home and we submitted everything. so i dont know why i havent crossed dt hurdle yet. And now to see 2017 gettin ppr and im still hopin they pass my medicals leaves me very worried. Ive written the minister and accra last 2 weeks n got automated response. I just wanna see a tiny ray of hope dt ive nt been forgotten. Last update on my gcsm notes states rprf fee received and that was in march.

olawunmif

Jul 22, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
File Transfer...
27-01-17
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None so far
Passport Req..
Expectant
VISA ISSUED...
Expectant
On the gcsm notes it only referred to my medicals as “ All medical (s) associated to application.
No idea what that means. Im totally at sea on what to do than to pray which ive been doin so much that right now im too weak. It is well
Not to cast a shadow on the good news here. Sorry guys. Really happy for all who have been contacted

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
On the gcsm notes it only referred to my medicals as “ All medical (s) associated to application.
No idea what that means. Im totally at sea on what to do than to pray which ive been doin so much that right now im too weak. It is well
Not to cast a shadow on the good news here. Sorry guys. Really happy for all who have been contacted
If you've been following the thread, you'll know that AVO is not very keen about updating the progress of our applications online so what you see on your notes most probably mean nothing compared to the stage it is actually in.

Emmanho

Nov 17, 2017
Hi everyone.

I join this forum recently and I have a few questions.

My application was received in January 2017 and AVO stated processing in March 2017. I applied with the 2016 application package.
1. According to the new system, it takes 12 months to process it. I will start counting the 12 months from March 2017 or January?
2. I did medical upfront which expired November 5, 2017. I'm wondering if the embassy is processing my application based the on old system or the new system?

I haven't herd from them other than when they received my application.

Thanks in advance for your great response.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Hi everyone.

I join this forum recently and I have a few questions.

My application was received in January 2017 and AVO stated processing in March 2017. I applied with the 2016 application package.
1. According to the new system, it takes 12 months to process it. I will start counting the 12 months from March 2017 or January?
2. I did medical upfront which expired November 5, 2017. I'm wondering if the embassy is processing my application based the on old system or the new system?

I haven't herd from them other than when they received my application.

Thanks in advance for your great response.
Welcome to the forum. Your 12 month processing time starts counting from January, when your application was received in Canada. If you applied after December, 15th, the the 12 month rule applies to you as well. From all the news we got today, it AVO has started working on 2017 applications together with the remaining 2016 applications but they seem to be paying more attention to applicants whose medicals are expiring very soon, probably to save them the stress of doing new medicals. In any case, you can hope to hear from them soon.

Emmanho

Nov 17, 2017
Welcome to the forum. Your 12 month processing time starts counting from January, when your application was received in Canada. If you applied after December, 15th, the the 12 month rule applies to you as well. From all the news we got today, it AVO has started working on 2017 applications together with the remaining 2016 applications but they seem to be paying more attention to applicants whose medicals are expiring very soon, probably to save them the stress of doing new medicals. In any case, you can hope to hear from them soon.
Ugoswife

Dalu nke oma. Thank you so much:)

Reactions: Ugoswife

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
@bbccanada

Did you receive the letter for PR once decision is made it looks like this below. I got this from @babajydo letter today read the section of where they cannot be extend it under any circumstances. So I was only suggesting that if you have arranged with AVO that you will redo your medical and passport and they have agreed you have no problem
But.... If you have not sorted it out and they have send you a letter like this read the section of ***please note***

It's new a crazy ride I am only looking out for you hun....

So carefully read the bottom part of the letter posted today for PPR applicant

The visa(s) will be valid until the expiry of your medical results(2017/12/20) or until the expiry of your passports, whichever is earliest. As the validity of your visa(s) has been already established and is limited to a fixed date, it CANNOT be extended under any circumstances. We therefore urge you to read and follow carefully the instructions outlined in this letter without delay.

PHOTOGRAPHS

You must also provide two passport photos for every person receiving a visa on your application. Photograph specifications can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf. Print the specifications and bring them with you to a commercial photographer. A visa will not be issued if your photo does not match the specifications listed in the link above.

**** PLEASE NOTE:

Failure to provide the required travel document(s) within 15 days from the date of this letter will lead us to conclude that you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and your application will be refused based on the information that is available in your file. Once the application is refused, you would be able to reapply, but you would be required to submit a new application and pay a new processing fee. The new application would be assessed according to the Canadian Immigration legislations in force at the time that the new application was filed.

Please note that we will strive to meet the foregoing service standards. However, there may be occasions when we cannot issue your visas within these standards. Accordingly, you are advised not to commit to any travel plans, purchase tickets, or take any irrevocable action such as selling property or resign employment until you have received your immigrant visas.
@cutie, The AVO only calls to ask if you have to leave in 3 weeks or less but if you have a month or more they will just send you a passport request and ask you to leave within their time frame. In our case they haven't send us any letter yet they just called my wife to ask her if is possible she can travel before December 9 so my wife told them she has to discussed that with me and I decided it is a tight situation. They then ask her when exactly she wants to leave she response between 6 to 8 weeks so now I know they are waiting for the medical to expire Dec 6 before sending us the passport request.

Reactions: Cutie101

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Hello Member, I really don't understand the AVO way of working even though they have a lot of work but they know from day 1 they receive our application that some application are straight forward so why would they keep the application in the dust until the very end then ask someone to pack their bags and leave in few days. I think at least 8 weeks is enough to shop for fright ticket and put things in place before leaving..........

Reactions: Cutie101

queenanetor

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
30th August 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30//2016
File Transfer...
November 7th 2016
Med's Done....
11/10/2017
Interview........
11th Oct 2017
Passport Req..
12/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
8th November 2017
LANDED..........
23rd November 2017
ok guys..so that there is no error in the documents i am to submit...cos i dont see them asking for police clearance which i expect to have expired since it is only valid for 3 months..but from what am reading..they have only requested for passport and passport photographs..pls help me out!!

YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA(S) APPEAR(S) READY TO BE ISSUED, IF THERE HAS BEEN NO CHANGE IN YOUR FAMILY CONFIGURATION. IF THERE HAVE BEEN ANY CHANGES, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE BEFORE PROCEEDING.

PASSPORT(S)

You are asked to submit your passport(s) and documentation BY COURIER within 15 days. We recommend DHL courier, using a pre-paid return envelope.

OR

Applicants residing in Ghana

You may also use the services of VFS Global Ghana by following the instructions on their website at: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/ghana/ under the “Passport Transmission Services” section.

Applicants residing in Nigeria (Passport Submission Only)

You may use the services of VFS Global Nigeria by following the instructions on their website at:

http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nigeria/ under the “Passport Transmission Services” section. If you received a letter requesting additional documents, please use a courier service.

Please note that submission of passport(s) in person will not be accepted at the Canadian High Commission.

The visa(s) will be valid until the expiry of your medical results(2017/12/20) or until the expiry of your passports, whichever is earliest. As the validity of your visa(s) has been already established and is limited to a fixed date, it CANNOT be extended under any circumstances. We therefore urge you to read and follow carefully the instructions outlined in this letter without delay.

PHOTOGRAPHS

You must also provide two passport photos for every person receiving a visa on your application. Photograph specifications can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf. Print the specifications and bring them with you to a commercial photographer. A visa will not be issued if your photo does not match the specifications listed in the link above.

**** PLEASE NOTE:

Failure to provide the required travel document(s) within 15 days from the date of this letter will lead us to conclude that you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and your application will be refused based on the information that is available in your file. Once the application is refused, you would be able to reapply, but you would be required to submit a new application and pay a new processing fee. The new application would be assessed according to the Canadian Immigration legislations in force at the time that the new application was filed.

Please note that we will strive to meet the foregoing service standards. However, there may be occasions when we cannot issue your visas within these standards. Accordingly, you are advised not to commit to any travel plans, purchase tickets, or take any irrevocable action such as selling property or resign employment until you have received your immigrant visas.

Kindly be informed that we will not respond to status update queries once you have submitted your passports. We ask for your patience while we prepare your visas.

THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION WILL BE REQUIRED TO ISSUE YOUR VISA:

☐ UPDATED FAMILY INFORMATION: You must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition. All family members must be listed on your IMM008 and Additional Family Information forms. Failure to comply may result in a delay in the issuance of your visa.

☐ PASSPORTS: Ensure you read and follow the points below:

• There is an individual passport for each family member accompanying you to Canada. Children must have their own passports.
  • Each passport is valid for at least 6 months from the time you come for the visa.
  • Each passport has sufficient free pages (two required for our visa, plus pages for any transit visa)
☐ TWO (2) PHOTOS FOR EACH FAMILY MEMBER:

These photographs must follow the photo specifications outlined in the following link: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf. Ensure they are taken with a WHITE BACKGROUND and that the SIZE OF THE FACE is between 31 – 36 mm. Photos should not be stapled, glued or pinned (you can paperclip or attach them using an envelope). The photographs must be unblemished as they will be used to produce your Permanent Resident Card once you are in Canada.

☐ MEDICAL EXAMS AND POLICE CLEARANCES: This is relevant only if specifically requested and not already provided. If you must provide these documents, be sure to complete your medical exams and submit your police clearances either AT THE SAME TIME or BEFORE you submit your passport.
Congratulations on ur ppr