Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
On a different topic: has anyone received GCMS notes lately? The ones I ordered on Sept 18th haven't arrived and the turnaround time is usually 29 days.

Reactions: queenanetor

MrsKoj

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
30-08-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-10-2017
the intent is not to point fingers @MrsKoj. I am not saying there has not been a lot of support and useful advise. I too have been around all this time and was part of the the emailing campaigns in March and April. I also saw requests for additional information being requested by Accra. But as others mentioned just this week, the general thinking was (and is) that sometimes it's best not to send more to Accra than they have asked for. So if there are some information people have learned that is relatively safe/harmless to send, it doesn't hurt to share. Noone is asking for personal information from anyone. I'm just saying that some of us wish we knew it was ok to send some unsolicited additional information (I was sitting on pictures etc. a visit from December to my hubby until August). I too have waited 13 months so we are all in the same boat. The extra step that we need to take with each other is to be as transparent as possible, without identifying personal information or ourselves. That's all I'm saying.
Oh alright. Yeah, transparency helps everyone. The whole process is hectic. Still waiting for pick up mail so we can book a flight in time for Christmas. It’ll be 2 weeks on Monday since we sent my husband’s passport to Accra. I can’t complain though. At least they’ve asked for his passport.

nwaefulu_716

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
Doc's Request.
02-03-2017 (schedule A)
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
File Transfer...
15-06-2017 (ECAS IP)
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
12-07-2017
Passport Req..
03-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019
LANDED..........
20-02-2019
@nwaefulu_716, it seems you submitted right before the due date of Jan 31, 2017, if you used the old application. Did you apply with the old package or new?
We used the new application package. Had already filled out most of the old package forms but then noticed they were all updated. Decided we might as well convert all the data over to the new forms as they seemed to be more streamlined and the supporting documents requested was a bit less as well. So we might be one of the first ones at Accra on totally new application package?

nwaefulu_716

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
Doc's Request.
02-03-2017 (schedule A)
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
File Transfer...
15-06-2017 (ECAS IP)
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
12-07-2017
Passport Req..
03-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019
LANDED..........
20-02-2019
Just sent email to the immigration minister, using email address(es) previously dropped on this forum, worded as follows:

Attn: Minister of Immigration

My husband and I submitted application for spousal sponsorship which was received by CIC on February 1, 2017.

At this current moment, we are at 9 months into the process, and we wanted to make inquiry as we were advised the processing time is 12 months when we applied. We have recently been corresponding with other applicants in similar positions with us through online forums and have noted the following:

1. Accra visa office is only currently finalizing applications submitted in October of 2016.

2. Many applicants from other visa offices who applied at same time as us have already landed in Canada.

Based on the first point named above, we have concern that our application, as well as others at our visa office, is not on track to be finished within the timeline provided, which makes it very difficult for us to make plans and is adding undue stress in our marriage and family. We petition the immigration minister to investigate if further resources are required in Accra to clear the present backlog in order to meet processing deadlines previously set forth.

Sponsor

I will let you know if I get any response. Feel free to use same or similar wording if any of the rest of you may want to also make contact.

nwaefulu_716

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
Doc's Request.
02-03-2017 (schedule A)
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
File Transfer...
15-06-2017 (ECAS IP)
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
12-07-2017
Passport Req..
03-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019
LANDED..........
20-02-2019
Just sent email to the immigration minister, using email address(es) previously dropped on this forum, worded as follows:

My husband and I submitted application for spousal sponsorship which was received by CIC on February 1, 2017.

At this current moment, we are at 9 months into the process, and we wanted to make inquiry as we were advised the processing time is 12 months when we applied. We have recently been corresponding with other applicants in similar positions with us through online forums and have noted the following:

1. Accra visa office is only currently finalizing applications submitted in October of 2016.

2. Many applicants from other visa offices who applied at same time as us have already landed in Canada.

Based on the first point named above, we have concern that our application, as well as others at our visa office, is not on track to be finished within the timeline provided, which makes it very difficult for us to make plans and is adding undue stress in our marriage and family. We petition the immigration minister to investigate if further resources are required in Accra to clear the present backlog in order to meet processing deadlines previously set forth.

Sponsor

I will let you know if I get any response. Feel free to use same or similar wording if any of the rest of you may want to also make contact.
Automated response:
Thank you for your email addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship. Please note that all comments and questions are taken seriously, and although the Minister cannot provide a personalized response to every message, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will review and consider all comments received.

Due to the large volume of correspondence addressed to the Minister, there may be a delay of up to 12 weeks before you receive a response, if a response is required. Information about the following subjects and more can be found on the IRCC Website<http://www.cic.gc.ca>, or IRCC’s online Help Centre<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/index-featured-can.asp>:

Haha, if there’s a delay of 12 weeks, let’s hope a response is no longer necessary...

Reactions: Cutie101

tender

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/08/2016
Doc's Request.
My God will defend me
AOR Received.
28/08/2016
File Transfer...
01/09/2016
Med's Done....
14/06/2016
Interview........
Never by the precious blood of God
Passport Req..
This month of may will not pass me
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oh alright. Yeah, transparency helps everyone. The whole process is hectic. Still waiting for pick up mail so we can book a flight in time for Christmas. It’ll be 2 weeks on Monday since we sent my husband’s passport to Accra. I can’t complain though. At least they’ve asked for his passport.
35days today my passport has been with avo, mycic account approved with counterfoil. They want us to always remind of everything.

treasure t

Oct 18, 2017
I’m sorry, but I had to respond to this. I don’t think this statement is fair or even well informed. For as long as I’ve been on this forum, there has been a lot of support and very useful advice from members to other members. Sometime around March or April I believe, there was a trend of AVO sending out emails to applicants about sending additional documents, which was extending wait times for those applicants. Members of the forum talked about it and we decided to start being proactive instead of sitting around waiting only to be hit with the “additional document” email. I understand this process is frustrating (trust me, I waited 13 months!!) but let’s not start pointing fingers at each other when in fact, the problem lies with AVO.
I agree with
the intent is not to point fingers @MrsKoj. I am not saying there has not been a lot of support and useful advise. I too have been around all this time and was part of the the emailing campaigns in March and April. I also saw requests for additional information being requested by Accra. But as others mentioned just this week, the general thinking was (and is) that sometimes it's best not to send more to Accra than they have asked for. So if there are some information people have learned that is relatively safe/harmless to send, it doesn't hurt to share. Noone is asking for personal information from anyone. I'm just saying that some of us wish we knew it was ok to send some unsolicited additional information (I was sitting on pictures etc. a visit from December to my hubby until August). I too have waited 13 months so we are all in the same boat. The extra step that we need to take with each other is to be as transparent as possible, without identifying personal information or ourselves. That's all I'm saying.
I know this waiting process is very frustrating, but at the same time this forum and it's members has been very helpful, in terms of sharing information, I believe this was demonstrated here as well. I have been following this forum since 2016 until I finally decided to join the forum. The idea about sending unsolicited additional documents was openly discussed in the forum as I can clearly remember. As becos and Mrs Koj rightly said this is not a. Problem with us or the forum, this is a problem with AVO. I have emailed the minister for immigration, gone to see my mp and even emailed AVO regarding our application. I can't say at this point if that even makes any difference to be honest. So please let's be patient and just continue to encourage each other

queenanetor

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
30th August 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30//2016
File Transfer...
November 7th 2016
Med's Done....
11/10/2017
Interview........
11th Oct 2017
Passport Req..
12/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
8th November 2017
LANDED..........
23rd November 2017
y
I’m sorry, but I had to respond to this. I don’t think this statement is fair or even well informed. For as long as I’ve been on this forum, there has been a lot of support and very useful advice from members to other members. Sometime around March or April I believe, there was a trend of AVO sending out emails to applicants about sending additional documents, which was extending wait times for those applicants. Members of the forum talked about it and we decided to start being proactive instead of sitting around waiting only to be hit with the “additional document” email. I understand this process is frustrating (trust me, I waited 13 months!!) but let’s not start pointing fingers at each other when in fact, the problem lies with AVO.
yes i agree with @becos and @mrskoj,do you guys remember operation flood the ministers email with lankprince started just want to let u guys know Lanky is my husband i was using his membership but we forgot our password n i decided to join the forum myself ,i even suggested we do a protest but noone came forward,to some degree there is division amongst blacks but on this forum we are here for each other ,just ask the questions and we are happy to help.with said happy sunday everyone we are still waiting for pick mail from Avo.God bless you all and speedy process the members waiting to hear from Avo

Reactions: MrsKoj and Ugoswife

queenanetor

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
30th August 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30//2016
File Transfer...
November 7th 2016
Med's Done....
11/10/2017
Interview........
11th Oct 2017
Passport Req..
12/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
8th November 2017
LANDED..........
23rd November 2017
35days today my passport has been with avo, mycic account approved with counterfoil. They want us to always remind of everything.
@tender send them and email we plan to send and email in 2weeks from now if we dont hear from them.

queenanetor

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
30th August 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30//2016
File Transfer...
November 7th 2016
Med's Done....
11/10/2017
Interview........
11th Oct 2017
Passport Req..
12/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
8th November 2017
LANDED..........
23rd November 2017
On a different topic: has anyone received GCMS notes lately? The ones I ordered on Sept 18th haven't arrived and the turnaround time is usually 29 days.
i ordered my notes on september 5th n it came after my husbands interview ,i wouldve known we having interview had i ordered earlier in the process .

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM

Sponsor

kindly provide the ministers email address please

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
I ordered one they quoted 31 days and they are also extremely busy if you don' recurve it in 31 days you are to contact them. seems everything is on backlog yet they won't hire more staff

tender

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/08/2016
Doc's Request.
My God will defend me
AOR Received.
28/08/2016
File Transfer...
01/09/2016
Med's Done....
14/06/2016
Interview........
Never by the precious blood of God
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@tender send them and email we plan to send and email in 2weeks from now if we dont hear from them.
Yours how many days? I'll send them a mail today and also use the webform too.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
I agree with

I know this waiting process is very frustrating, but at the same time this forum and it's members has been very helpful, in terms of sharing information, I believe this was demonstrated here as well. I have been following this forum since 2016 until I finally decided to join the forum. The idea about sending unsolicited additional documents was openly discussed in the forum as I can clearly remember. As becos and Mrs Koj rightly said this is not a. Problem with us or the forum, this is a problem with AVO. I have emailed the minister for immigration, gone to see my mp and even emailed AVO regarding our application. I can't say at this point if that even makes any difference to be honest. So please let's be patient and just continue to encourage each other
@treasure, I really like your point of view, we really have to be careful not to point finger on black, white, blue, read and etc. Because we are all going through the same struggle. If you examine other forum you see that there are other African and even the middle eastern visa office with even a higher security risk but still faster processing time than the AVO. Even though we write the minister of immigration as well as going to our MP's for help but the thing is theY don't really put pressure on the visa office due to the fact that they have no control to push them to the limit therefore the visa office has power to do things their own ways. As of this forum I think everyone is helping each other because I have never seen a poste that went unanswered since I joined this forum. I also notice that people even write more comments when someone is in really serious problem than someone sharing good news so I think like other members said we have to be careful not to point finger rather than supporting each other the main problem here is the AVO.

queenanetor

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
30th August 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.