+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Thank you everyone for your support.

I am very upset right now however, AVO did not give back our birth certificates, marriage certificates or all of my husbands original school documents. Has this happened to other people? I know @colmiz is sharing in this disappointment. Can people weigh in?

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017

I am very upset right now however, AVO did not give back our birth certificates, marriage certificates or all of my husbands original school documents. Has this happened to other people? I know @colmiz is sharing in this disappointment. Can people weigh in?
@becos, I thought they usually send your original document with your passport cos I also send in my wife's original school certificate with the application. My wife didn't want to send the original but I told her they will return everything back after processing her application. So to all the members is there a way to go to the AVO for your original document after decision made on your application?

becos

Aug 25, 2016
@becos, I thought they usually send your original document with your passport cos I also send in my wife's original school certificate with the application. My wife didn't want to send the original but I told her they will return everything back after processing her application. So to all the members is there a way to go to the AVO for your original document after decision made on your application?
I thought so too. But they didn't give it back. They gave my husband allllllll of our supporting documents like support letters, pictures and text messages etc back to him after his interview and then with his passport that he picked up today it only had the affidavit from his ex about their son. That's it. I've emailed my lawyer to figure out what to do. I'll keep everyone posted. Please anyone weigh in if this has happened to you. Thanks.

Last edited:

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Its always best to give VO copied certificates not original because they never return it.. you can write to them to photocopy and send you back the original you can try..

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
I think I read a clause somewhere stating that originals should not be submitted with the application because they may not be returned. I'm not 100% sure but don't panic,just email them and if they don't reply,maybe your husband could find some time to go over and see if he is lucky to get to them @becos

queenanetor

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
30th August 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30//2016
File Transfer...
November 7th 2016
Med's Done....
11/10/2017
Interview........
11th Oct 2017
Passport Req..
12/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
8th November 2017
LANDED..........
23rd November 2017

@becos maybe they forgot to give it back or misplaced it because they give my husband back everything at the end of the interview .the ones we submitted with the application and the ones he took at the day of the interview hope u everything is sorted out. I would send them an inquiry If I were u .keeping my fingers crossed for the return of those documents on your behalf

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016

Very disappointed my dear. Let's try emailing them....

becos

Aug 25, 2016
@Cutie101 , @Ugoswife , @queenanetor , @colmiz thanks for your responses. Since we had a lawyer do our app I never read the guides to applying. I just now was reading on the application guides that originals were not supposed to be sent. I emailed our lawyer earlier about the documents missing. She hasn't responded yet but hopefully when she does she says she has them. I know I sent her the originals last year because she needed them but hopefully she looked at them, made copies, notarized copies and sent those and not the originals. It would make sense if she had them, holding on to them until the app was finished in case they had to send anything on our behalf. I'll let you guys know. Thanks everyone. :)

kwame22

Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-September,2016
AOR Received.
15-October,2016
File Transfer...
28-October,2016
We have finally received my husbands passport with his travel visa!! 431 days or 14 months and 5 days after applying on August 23, 2016. 89 more days until he lands (due to finishing up his job). This journey has been a long one but it's finally almost almost almost over! Wishing everyone a speedy PPR, PUM and landing!
congratulations....was it a 6month visa or a year visa?

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
I'll keep you posted girl. Send your email right away!
@becos, could you please share what your mycic account says after your husband visa was issued. You know we depend on this account for immediate information but don't really know if it is reliable or not. Thanks

becos

Aug 25, 2016
@becos, could you please share what your mycic account says after your husband visa was issued. You know we depend on this account for immediate information but don't really know if it is reliable or not. Thanks
Hi there, I have never been able to gain access to mycic. My ECAS says decion made though on the PA side. That's all I know.

JOSH717

Oct 26, 2016
Good day guys....I want a forum link or any website that discuss or explains the processes that you need to go through before and after landing at the port of entry. For instance the questions asked and what to do in general when you land and also how to get your PR card,SIN card etc. Those who have already landed please I need your help in order to have a smooth experience. Thank you