AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
Que
How long is the visa issued for?
I know before it was 6 months or when medical expires (whichever one that comes first) .
But it seems it's changed now, so for those who have received, how many months/weeks where you given.

Found out yesterday too that AVO closes 1pm Friday , I just smh. My husband and I went to their office and the head security said they were closed for the day. We got there 1.30pm
From what I gathered, it's either the expiration date of your medicals or the expiration date of your passport, whichever comes first. In my case, we did medicals on nov 6th 2016, so our visa expires on November 6th 2017. Funny cuz we only got our passport back today and have to rush and get ready to depart for Canada by the 6th of Nov.

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
Went to find out about our app on Wednesday.
Of course they were not going straight to the point why so much delay, but was asked to submit supporting documents. Which we did together with letter and dropped it yesterday though We couldn't see anyone since they were closed for the day when we got there but the head security took it and said they will look at it on Monday.

Fingers crossed, I'm not expecting any sentiment, our minds are already set for 12momths.
Thought I heard they do not let anyone without an appointment in the building. ...

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
From what I gathered, it's either the expiration date of your medicals or the expiration date of your passport, whichever comes first. In my case, we did medicals on nov 6th 2016, so our visa expires on November 6th 2017. Funny cuz we only got our passport back today and have to rush and get ready to depart for Canada by the 6th of Nov.
I hope you're leaving before 6th and not on 6th lol. The latest date you can land in 6th November.

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........

When my brother came, it was 6 months visa or before medical expires.
This was 7 years ago. You may be right but I don't think passport expiration at all. And hope u will leave before November 6th

Reactions: colmiz

Pake

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Avo
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
28-10-2016
File Transfer...
31-10-2016
Med's Request
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016
Interview........
None at this time
Passport Req..
Soon by the grace of God
VISA ISSUED...
Soon by the grace of God
LANDED..........
Soon
How many days did your passeport stat at AVO??

Reactions: colmiz

Pake

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Avo
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
28-10-2016
File Transfer...
31-10-2016
Med's Request
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016
Interview........
None at this time
Passport Req..
Soon by the grace of God
VISA ISSUED...
Soon by the grace of God
LANDED..........
Soon
Hello i need advice please.im so confuse right now.
This night something tells me To go and check my gcey account To see if anything has changed.and i was suprise to see that it was two letters they send us on tuesday.the first letter was sent around 4am and the second one was sent about 10mn latter. But i didnt see it on tuesday i just opened the one i saw which was the second one they send and it was the PPR.this night i saw the one they sent first and i opened the letter and its talking about medical exam but our medical exam is still valid till january 2018 because we did our medical after receiving our SA and doctor confirm that he sent it and gave us a receipt.in the PPR letter they gave us fifteen days to submit passeport police certificate the family info and the proof that we did our medical.im so confuse now. What do we do.thank you all.@Ugoswife @becos

Last edited:

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
This night something tells me To go and check my gcey account To see if anything has changed.and i was suprise to see that it was two letters they send us on tuesday.the first letter was sent around 4am and the second one was sent about 10mn latter. But i didnt see it on tuesday i just opened the one i saw which was the second one they send and it was the PPR.this night i saw the one they sent first and i opened the letter and its talking about medical exam but our medical exam is still valid till january 2018 because we did our medical after receiving our SA and doctor confirm that he sent it and gave us a receipt.in the PPR letter they gave us fifteen days to submit passeport police certificate the family info and the proof that we did our medical.im so confuse now. What do we do.thank you all.@Ugoswife @becos
If you still have the medical receipt that contains your UCI and other relevant info for your application, you should send it to AVO with the other documents. If you have already mailed in your passport and the other documents, you can scan the receipt and email AVO with your details.

Reactions: ClassicD and colmiz

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
If you still have the medical receipt that contains your UCI and other relevant info for your application, you should send it to AVO with the other documents. If you have already mailed in your passport and the other documents, you can scan the receipt and email AVO with your details.

Reactions: Pake

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
@Pake, I think there is nothing you have to confuse this is a passport request you have been waiting for since you send in your application congratulation! I think what Ugoswife is telling you is what you have to do asap. You can email them in case you don't have the receipt that you have done your medical valid until Jan 2018 and pls send in the passport fast cos we are also happy here when we see good news like that everyday.

Reactions: Holymoses and Pake

Pake

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Avo
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
28-10-2016
File Transfer...
31-10-2016
Med's Request
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016
Interview........
None at this time
Passport Req..
Soon by the grace of God
VISA ISSUED...
Soon by the grace of God
LANDED..........
Soon
@Ugoswife @bbccanada thank you both so much.yes we have the receipt of the exam we will just include it in our package. I Will let u know about the rest.

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
I hope you're leaving before 6th and not on 6th lol. The latest date you can land in 6th November.[/QUOTE

Lol. We can't take chances. We're leaving a week before...

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
When my brother came, it was 6 months visa or before medical expires.
This was 7 years ago. You may be right but I don't think passport expiration at all. And hope u will leave before November 6th
Oh ok. We will. Lol

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.