+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Johnny just come

Oct 19, 2017
Oh thanks for the advice, I have a question for you becos, what kind of sign ed ID did your husband son' s mother provide and when you guys submitted how long did it take for them to get back to you guys? When they got back did they ask for ppr after dat

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Oh thanks for the advice, I have a question for you becos, what kind of sign ed ID did your husband son' s mother provide and when you guys submitted how long did it take for them to get back to you guys? When they got back did they ask for ppr after dat
They took the ID to the interview and about an hour after the interview, they got medical request and then PPR about 2 days later I think. Every case is different anyway.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Like @Ugoswife we got asked to bring a copy of signed ID from the mother to the interview along with passport photos for the son (that's all we were asked to bring). The son is non accompanying and I think they just wanted to check why my husband didn't want him to come, and we didn't because he lives full time with the mother. In our original application we submitted signed affidavits from the mother and my husband to say the boy was their son and he would be non accompanying. So AVO was just following up with this issue and asked for those two docs. My husband got a copy of the mothers SSNIT card and voters ID card. And had her sign the photo copies. We'd also had them notarized by a lawyer with an affidavit but in the interview the lady said that wasn't necessary, but we'd already done it. The interview was thirty minutes long, and we received our medical request twenty minutes later and PPR two days later. Hope that helps.

Pake

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Avo
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
28-10-2016
File Transfer...
31-10-2016
Med's Request
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016
Interview........
None at this time
Passport Req..
Soon by the grace of God
VISA ISSUED...
Soon by the grace of God
LANDED..........
Soon
Hello house
Here is how my application went
I sent my app on 19 sept 2016
I didn't know of this forum before preparing my file.i found a video of an immigration agent or lawyer on YouTube he explained everything in details and that helped me a lot.since a came in Canada i visited my husband just once in 6 years and that was when we got married so we did not include any board pass in our app except for my one visit.we include money transfert receipt ,fcbk chats,wsp chat and calls our mariage pics ,bride Price pics.in May 2017 we send more doc withougt them asking us,in sept 2017 we send them again more additionnal docs.in october 2017 i went To see my Mp he called them and they told him everything was fine with our app and we just have To wait.we did our med when we received our SA letter and that was in january 2017.and on the 17 of this month we received the PPR and bcos i did not want them To ask us anything who will delay our process i wrote a letter with our initial app To explain everything that they could not understand about our relationship and they did not ask us for interview.that is it.again tkx all of u for your support i really appreciate it and it helps me a lot

Last edited:

Cosey

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
I got reply from AVO that me the sponsor has to go for the DNA test plus the dependents of my wife who are not my biological children. I dont know what they want to establish. I thought it was a mistake on the application but they say no. It was insufficient proof of parental relationship. I have 90 days to organise myself. Not in a rush. The test has to be done in canada. The samples will be collected from overseas. Expensive though.

nwaefulu_716

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
Doc's Request.
02-03-2017 (schedule A)
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
File Transfer...
15-06-2017 (ECAS IP)
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
12-07-2017
Passport Req..
03-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019
LANDED..........
20-02-2019
Reading posts from applicants of other visa offices who applied after we did, receiving their PPRs, wondering how to submit stuff because they are already together with spouse in Canada on visitor visa... God, that would be nice. But here we are at AVO................ glad I found you guys as a support group if nothing else. We are all in this together - stay strong and carry on people. God bless

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Reading posts from applicants of other visa offices who applied after we did, receiving their PPRs, wondering how to submit stuff because they are already together with spouse in Canada on visitor visa... God, that would be nice. But here we are at AVO................ glad I found you guys as a support group if nothing else. We are all in this together - stay strong and carry on people. God bless
This has always been the case, AVO has always been behind other VOs. It's depressing but it's same old same old. You can only hope that the new commitment will make things seem a bit more like a level playing field. When I joined this forum before I even applied in august 2016 AVO was processing apps at around 7-10 months. I had hope things would get faster but instead I got processed at 13 months, the longest average processing time AVO has ever processed at (I know, I did the research). I hope for all of you 2017 apps that you don't have to go through what us 2016 apps have gone through, particularly those who applied June 2016- November 2016. It's been exhausting, soul crushing, and never ending. I hope all those 2016 apps waiting, hear soon. I'm waiting for you all to hear before I bow away from this forum for good. Us 2016 apps we're in this together. 2017 apps I wish you all the best and truly hope this process speeds up, i don't wish that painful wait on anybody. Much love all.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
I got reply from AVO that me the sponsor has to go for the DNA test plus the dependents of my wife who are not my biological children. I dont know what they want to establish. I thought it was a mistake on the application but they say no. It was insufficient proof of parental relationship. I have 90 days to organise myself. Not in a rush. The test has to be done in canada. The samples will be collected from overseas. Expensive though.
@Cosey, sorry for the stress you going through with the DNA request but the way I see the situation is that the AVO are suspecting that the children might be your own maybe you failed to declare them prior to your permanent resident so now you are try to sponsor them asap. I hope you get this done and almighty God will take care of the rest.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Hello Member, I would like to congratulate all of those who have gotten their visas and those with PPR as well and not forgetting those who have already landed may the lord make all the suffering you went through during this long processing time a blessing.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Thanks please all I wanted to know what ssnit card is? What is the full meaning or what does it represent
Hi there, SSNIT is like a social security/pension like program in Ghana (that's how my husband explains it). The mother of my husbands son didn't have a passport or drivers licence that's why we used her voters ID card that had her photo on it and her SSNITT card because it had a photo on it as well. Any photo idea will work. If the father of your wife's child doesn't have photo ID, getting passport photos done and putting those with any other ID with name on it like a birth certificate, etc and getting that notarized by a lawyer would work instead of the copy of signed photo ID (to go along with the consent form).

Cosey

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
@Cosey, sorry for the stress you going through with the DNA request but the way I see the situation is that the AVO are suspecting that the children might be your own maybe you failed to declare them prior to your permanent resident so now you are try to sponsor them asap. I hope you get this done and almighty God will take care of the rest.
The children jonestly speaking do not belong to me. They belong to my spouse my worry is the hassle to go through. Back forth back forth.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
The children jonestly speaking do not belong to me. They belong to my spouse my worry is the hassle to go through. Back forth back forth.
It sounds like a complicated and expensive process. From the explanation on the letter, you don't need to travel to Canada to do it. You can choose one of the approved facilities and have them contact AVO and they will also direct you on where to go for sample collection. It sounds very discouraging but don't be discouraged. It's probably the last hurdle to jump.

Reactions: colmiz

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Everyday that passes by without hearing from AVO feels like a stab in the throat especially when the weekend arrives. Staying on this forum and frantically searching for anyone's good news is the only kind of therapy that helps now. I know they are working and it's just a matter of waiting but still, it's not an easy thing to do. Wishing all of us good luck on this journey.

queenanetor

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
30th August 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30//2016
File Transfer...
November 7th 2016
Med's Done....
11/10/2017
Interview........
11th Oct 2017
Passport Req..
12/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
8th November 2017
LANDED..........
23rd November 2017
This has always been the case, AVO has always been behind other VOs. It's depressing but it's same old same old. You can only hope that the new commitment will make things seem a bit more like a level playing field. When I joined this forum before I even applied in august 2016 AVO was processing apps at around 7-10 months. I had hope things would get faster but instead I got processed at 13 months, the longest average processing time AVO has ever processed at (I know, I did the research). I hope for all of you 2017 apps that you don't have to go through what us 2016 apps have gone through, particularly those who applied June 2016- November 2016. It's been exhausting, soul crushing, and never ending. I hope all those 2016 apps waiting, hear soon. I'm waiting for you all to hear before I bow away from this forum for good. Us 2016 apps we're in this together. 2017 apps I wish you all the best and truly hope this process speeds up, i don't wish that painful @ becos am in agreement with all that u said here

Reactions: becos