+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Yes he did background check and we sent it with our application but now that they are asking for FBI clearance. I’m not sure the difference!! Are both not the same thing ?
What kind of background check did he do? As far as I know, if you have been in the USA for more than 6 months you must submit a FBI clearence and that's the o my type. @Ugoswife @BlackDiamond is that right? I think you should file for it and send in the proof of that and a letter along with those other documents.

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
24-11-2016. Started processing in Accra Dec 8 2016.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
05-09-2017 (PLEASE ANYONE THAT SEES THIS SHOULD HELP ME SHARE THIS GOODNEWS ON FORUM. I HAVE RECEIVED PPR. HAVING PROBLEM POSTING ON THREAD)
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Oct 2017 hopefully before medical expiry on 26th Oct
Good luck !! luck will follow you

Should I send them the letter now requesting an extension ? Or wait till I do the FBI clearance?
Hi @peg204. Everyone is right about the FBI process. I guess u guys missed it during ur application cos it's clearly stated FBI is needed as long as US is concerned. Mine took 8 weeks to process and it was $12.

My advice will be to get it done and then send an evidence and the other things they requested all together. Write a detailed note explaining the situation i.e. the FBI processing time/time they gave u to sumbit all. U never can tell it might be waived or worst case they wait till u get it. I wouldn't ask for extension myself.

All the best dear!

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
@becos yes, I only know about the FBI clearance which is what I did even though it wasn't requested of me. If that is what your husband @peg204 did when he sent his application and he hasn't returned to the US since then, you could also resend them the old report in addition to evidence that you are doing a new one. I also think there is a difference between a report gotten from the local police in the area he lived in which is not an FBI report, so cross check and be sure what you submitted. If he has been to the US after the first FBI report you got, I guess it's possible for AVO to request a new one.

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
05-09-2017 (PLEASE ANYONE THAT SEES THIS SHOULD HELP ME SHARE THIS GOODNEWS ON FORUM. I HAVE RECEIVED PPR. HAVING PROBLEM POSTING ON THREAD)
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
You will have to write a letter requesting an extension explaining why it is necessary.

As a side note, tomorrow is interview day. Pray for me oooooooo
Best of luck tomorrow. Come back with goodnews and nothing more! Cheers!

Reactions: BlackDiamond

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
@becos yes, I only know about the FBI clearance which is what I did even though it wasn't requested of me. If that is what your husband @peg204 did when he sent his application and he hasn't returned to the US since then, you could also resend them the old report in addition to evidence that you are doing a new one. I also think there is a difference between a report gotten from the local police in the area he lived in which is not an FBI report, so cross check and be sure what you submitted. If he has been to the US after the first FBI report you got, I guess it's possible for AVO to request a new one.
@peg204, It's possible what u guys submitted was local clearance like @Ugoswife said. I did the same thing, I first of all got Maryland clearance which is state b4 I realized it MUST be FBI, I quickly went ahead to get that one too so I included both while submitting.

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
send with application/ PASSED
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
@peg204, It's possible what u guys submitted was local clearance like @Ugoswife said. I did the same thing, I first of all got Maryland clearance which is state b4 I realized it MUST be FBI, I quickly went ahead to get that one too so I included both while submitting.

Is it possible for my hubby to travel back to USA and go apply for the Clearance and get it same day ?

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Hello everyone it's been awhile first I want to apologize for letting you guys know about this earlier but my husband was requested to have an interview which took place today it was very successful..special thanks to @becos she was a pillar of support for me and my husband my dear May God richly bless you @Pake and @MrsKoj thank you guys very much for your payers and support we receive our remedical email and hour after interview. Glory be to God it's ending in praise.
Congrats Queenanetor! Im so happy this processed ended so positively!! This journey will be wrapping for you shortly! I wish you all the best! And good luck tomorrow @BlackDiamond , sending you positive vibes!! :)

Reactions: Mylove4God2017

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Is it possible for my hubby to travel back to USA and go apply for the Clearance and get it same day ?
No it's not. I did mine in US and it didnt change anything. U still have to post the fingerprint card, form and payment to FBI and processing starts once they receive it.

They have FBI channelers one can use ie applying for the report through an agent sort of and this takes about a week or so to get the report. Unfortunately this service is only available to US citizens/ PR holders.

Last edited:

Pake

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Avo
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
28-10-2016
File Transfer...
31-10-2016
Med's Request
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016
Interview........
None at this time
Passport Req..
Soon by the grace of God
VISA ISSUED...
Soon by the grace of God
LANDED..........
Soon
Hello everyone it's been awhile first I want to apologize for letting you guys know about this earlier but my husband was requested to have an interview which took place today it was very successful..special thanks to @becos she was a pillar of support for me and my husband my dear May God richly bless you @Pake and @MrsKoj thank you guys very much for your payers and support we receive our remedical email and hour after interview. Glory be to God it's ending in praise.
I'm so happy for u my friend.God is good. It aĺl will end in praises

Reactions: queenanetor

Strenght 1

Jan 26, 2017
Goodday everyone.
Please i need advice. Medical has expired and we still have not heard from AVO. Should i go do another Medical without hearing from AVO or should i just wait to hear from AVO first. Because i don't want any more delay in my application processing. Thank you in advance.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Goodday everyone.
Please i need advice. Medical has expired and we still have not heard from AVO. Should i go do another Medical without hearing from AVO or should i just wait to hear from AVO first. Because i don't want any more delay in my application processing. Thank you in advance.
Unfortunately, you can't do that any more until AVO requests for it. What date was your application received by CIC?

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
I found this ok call +1 416 996 6417 info@canadianfingerprints.com
http://www.canadianfingerprints.com/services/international-outside-canada-fingerprinting-services/
or email them if your in Canada but are resident of US and need FBI clearance can they complete it in 5 days time frame from their website it looks like they can
@Cutie101 @peg204. This is the FBI channeler I mentioned above. The fast tracked FBI report is available to US citizens/PRs. So if ur husband isn't one then I don't think it will be possible.

Here's a link on this forum where this has been discussed though not extensively.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fbi-pcc-through-channelers-for-non-us-citizens-gc-holders.475729/

Strenght 1

Jan 26, 2017
Unfortunately, you can't do that any more until AVO requests for it. What date was your application received by CIC?
Thanks for your reply. My application was recieved in Nov 2016. Don't you think AVO should have contacted me immediately my medical expired ? but up till now i haven't heard from them despite that my medical has expired.

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Thanks for your reply. My application was recieved in Nov 2016. Don't you think AVO should have contacted me immediately my medical expired ? but up till now i haven't heard from them despite that my medical has expired.
AVO would not just contact cos ur medical expired. You will hear from them when they get to that stage in ur application and hopefully that should be soon.

Don't worry much about that, ur main prayers should be on u hearing from them regarding ur app generally not medical specifically.