+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
I honestly believe this influx of people being asked for interviews is instead of asking for extra docs. We have never before seen so many interview requests like this on this forum and lately people are not getting asked for docs (and lately I mean the last month). I think this is AVOs way of quickly processing through 2016 apps. Doing an interview takes a lot less time than asking for doc submission, is. 30 days plus processing. Although we went through a week of hell with preparation and nerves for our interview at least we got processed "quickly". I wish all those going for an interview luck, please prepare your documents in an organized and thorough manner and practice going through those interview questions. It's no joke, they will ask you those questions. Prepare! It's do or die.
take us through the process
how long was the interview?
was it 1 visa officer or 2?
did you need to leave the extra document at front desk or bring it inside the interview room?
and how did they interview 1st your sponsor and then the applicant or they only interview the applicant only?
how many questions did they ask?
I am curious so this helps the others prepare

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
did you need to leave the extra document at front desk or bring it inside the interview room?
and how did they interview 1st your sponsor and then the applicant or they only interview the applicant only?
If you go a few pages back to after becos spouse had his interview, you will see a comprehensive description of how their process went. Usually, the letter from AVO will give you most of the instruction about what to do with your documents when you get to the office. I also believe you get them back after the interview. We have seen only cases of one interviewer per person and have heard that in some cases they can call the sponsor on the phone so like @becos said, its best to thoroughly prepare with your spouse so that your answers are coordinated with the forms you submitted previously. The more coordinated and straightforward you are, the faster the interview would be.

Reactions: colmiz

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
If you go a few pages back to after becos spouse had his interview, you will see a comprehensive description of how their process went. Usually, the letter from AVO will give you most of the instruction about what to do with your documents when you get to the office. I also believe you get them back after the interview. We have seen only cases of one interviewer per person and have heard that in some cases they can call the sponsor on the phone so like @becos said, its best to thoroughly prepare with your spouse so that your answers are coordinated with the forms you submitted previously. The more coordinated and straightforward you are, the faster the interview would be.

babajydo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront, Passed.
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
"We will review your message shortly. If the information requested is available on our websites or your application is within processing times, we will not respond to your message" . I can't be the only one who thinks this is rude and the person who typed this auto response needs proper slap

Reactions: xls

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
24-11-2016. Started processing in Accra Dec 8 2016.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
05-09-2017 (PLEASE ANYONE THAT SEES THIS SHOULD HELP ME SHARE THIS GOODNEWS ON FORUM. I HAVE RECEIVED PPR. HAVING PROBLEM POSTING ON THREAD)
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Oct 2017 hopefully before medical expiry on 26th Oct
"We will review your message shortly. If the information requested is available on our websites or your application is within processing times, we will not respond to your message" . I can't be the only one who thinks this is rude and the person who typed this auto response needs proper slap
You got me cracking up . Good morning everyone and may it be a beautiful thursday.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
I posted the details on page 766.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Shout out to @colmiz for being so quick to respond this morning when my husband was at DHL and we were having the pre paid envelope crisis! Lol

Anyways, all is well, hubby sent out his passport and all those documents today. What a busy last ten days it's been! He even had to get a new passport because insects ate his old one! Haha ridiculousness until the end! What a journey! We're luckily not on a tight timeline though, my husband won't come to Canada until January, (brrrrrrrr cold.) I hope everyone gets their visas back quickly! And can start making plans! :)Best of luck!

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
I posted the details on page 766.
my question wasn't about the type of questions they ask you
I know of the questions they ask remember I posted it for you lol.
was more about how the conduct the interview and length as in hours they take asking those questions.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
my question wasn't about the type of questions they ask you
I know of the questions they ask remember I posted it for you lol.
was more about how the conduct the interview and length as in hours they take asking those questions.
He was only in there for 30 minutes. They asked a question, he responded, they asked another question, he responded. Very simple back and forth. He had to leave the documents at the reception. It was one lady doing the interview typing at her computer. The interview was only for him, I was available by phone in Canada but they never called. She kept the requested documents and gave back the relationship proof back to my husband (it wasn't requested). Then she said she would be in touch.

Ours may have been shorter because it really didn't have to do with our relationship, they asked basic questions about it but it more had to do with my husbands son. All in all though he was in the embassy for 3 hours, they were super behind with appointments.

Last edited:

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
He was only in there for 30 minutes. They asked a question, he responded, they asked another question, he responded. Very simple back and forth. He had to leave the documents at the reception. It was one lady doing the interview typing at her computer. The interview was only for him, I was available by phone in Canada but they never called. She kept the requested documents and gave back the relationship proof back to my husband (it wasn't requested). Then she said she would be in touch.

Ours may have been shorter because it really didn't have to do with our relationship, they asked basic questions about it but it more had to do with my husbands son. All in all though he was in the embassy for 3 hours, they were super behind with appointments.
awesome

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
Congratulations @colmiz and everyone else getting PPR and pick up mail!!!

I’ve been AWOL for a while cos I got tired of waiting and came to visit the hubby on Monday.... :)

I pray Accra continues to move with this new found momentum and starts calling October people soon!

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Congratulations @colmiz and everyone else getting PPR and pick up mail!!!

I’ve been AWOL for a while cos I got tired of waiting and came to visit the hubby on Monday.... :)

I pray Accra continues to move with this new found momentum and starts calling October people soon!
I know the feeling. Counting down until December when I get to go and visit hubby and the kids :)

Hope you have a wonderful time together.

Reactions: waitingInTO

Denne

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Ghana
App. Filed.......
16-08--2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2017
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
Nov. 08. 2017
Interview........
Nov. 08.2017
Passport Req..
Nov 08. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 18, 2017
LANDED..........
Loading............!
Wow guys, my husband is so frustrated with this long 'heart-shattering' process he decided to take a little break. For me the process is a bit disappointing, however I find strength in the number of us with similar experiences.
We were asked for additional documents back in August 2017 and had 30 days in which to get it to GVO. This we did and to date....not a word in English. Not even an acknowledgement of receipt.
We made contact via email letting them know the documents were on the way and sent copy of delivery receipt when it was delivered. I find the lack of acknowledgement daunting. I have since sent a couple of follow up enquiries and SILENCE!! Crickets even.

Nothing to do but wait! We are at their mercy..

Did I say we are August 2016 applicants.

Congratulations to all who have received PPR

Last edited: