Waived
Passport Req..
8th Dec. 2016
VISA ISSUED...
17th Jan. 2017
LANDED..........
28th Jan 2017
uCHEMAMA said:
And infact I found the DHL rule in Nigeria quite stupid really - they said they have to send an email to to AVO asking when they can come get the passport - even after we received the email that the passport is ready for collection. God knows how long it will take for AVO to respond to DHL
DHL Accra you just need to give them a copy of your email for pick up, and within an hour they will be at AVO to it pick up.

GisG2

Star Member
Dec 6, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra (AVO)
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
14-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2018
LANDED..........
Sure soon
Hello house, Its been a while for me on this forum. I finally sent in my application on the 31st January 2017. How is accra fairing these days?

mscrofty

Feb 2, 2017
Hello everyone,
I applied to sponsor my parents in Jan 2015 and got approved as sponsor and file transferred to Accra in June 2016. Been waiting to hear from Accra since then. I was expecting to have received request from medicals or something as most other applicants from 2015 have completed the process. Anyone have any idea if this is normal? Are there any others sponsoring parents out there?
Thanks

becos

Aug 25, 2016
mscrofty said:
Hello everyone,
I applied to sponsor my parents in Jan 2015 and got approved as sponsor and file transferred to Accra in June 2016. Been waiting to hear from Accra since then. I was expecting to have received request from medicals or something as most other applicants from 2015 have completed the process. Anyone have any idea if this is normal? Are there any others sponsoring parents out there?
Thanks
Hi mscrofty, did you ever send in their medicals? For spousal, when you get approved as a sponsor it says at the bottom of the letter to submit medicals right away. For most of us we send our medicals in with our original application, before being asked for it. I don't know how parent sponsorship works but I can imagine you might be able to go ahead and do their medicals and submit them now.. But you should check that in a parental sponsorship group first. Hope that helps. :)

Reactions: mscrofty

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
GisG2 said:
Hello house, Its been a while for me on this forum. I finally sent in my application on the 31st January 2017. How is accra fairing these days?
Hey hun, I would like to suggest something. If you can, get your medicals done asap and send it. We were also going to wait till it gets asked to do them. But I called cic to find out the status of our application just right after it got transfered and the agent on the phone informed me that the rules have changed and they require/suggest you do the medicals and send it with the rest of the application now. This way nothing gets delayed. Not sure if it has changed with cic's new updates but if you can please get it done...

GisG2

Star Member
Dec 6, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra (AVO)
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
14-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2018
LANDED..........
Sure soon
colmiz said:
Hey hun, I would like to suggest something. If you can, get your medicals done asap and send it. We were also going to wait till it gets asked to do them. But I called cic to find out the status of our application just right after it got transfered and the agent on the phone informed me that the rules have changed and they require/suggest you do the medicals and send it with the rest of the application now. This way nothing gets delayed. Not sure if it has changed with cic's new updates but if you can please get it done...
Thanks Col, surely a good one to limit delays. Will enquire and act accordingly.
Cheers

Nyhiraba

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2015
File Transfer...
Nov 10, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015, redone Nov 9, 2016
Interview........
Nov 8, 2016
Passport Req..
Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 21, 2016
LANDED..........
March 14, 2017
spacepmi said:
Hi family, i need help. i got a letter from VO today in regards to my wife's application. it reads

Dear Applicant,
This is regarding your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Family
Class. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a “foreign
national is inadmissible for misrepresentation for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or
withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in
the administration of this Act”.

Paragraph 40(2)(a) specifies that the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for
misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside
Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1).

Paragraph 40(3) states that “a foreign national who is inadmissible under thi ssection may not
apply for permanent resident status during the period referred to in paragraph (2)(a).

In your application for a student permit number xxxxx, you have submitted fraudulent
documents and you have been notified of your inadmissibility to enter in Canada for a period of
five years from March 11th 2015 and ending March 9th 2020.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply
to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document
shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not
inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

Before I make a final decision, you may submit additional information or explanation relating to
this determination. You have forty five (45) days to submit additional information. Please
ensure that you quote the file number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you
submit. If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based
on the information before me, which will likely result in the refusal of this application.

The study permit application was rejected based on the fact that the embassy said her sponsor's bank statement was not genuine and she was not aware since the sponsor did not tell her and after the visa refusal, the sponsor kept insisting the bank statement was genuine.

Anyone ever been in the situation or any suggestion on how to handle this will be very much appreciated.
Your wife should have appealed her ban when it happened in 2015. I don't know if her sponsor can get a letter from the Bank saying the accounts were genuine at that time. If that cannot be done, then I am afraid it is too late. She will have to wait until 2020.

Nyhiraba

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2015
File Transfer...
Nov 10, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Nov 8, 2016
Passport Req..
Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 21, 2016
LANDED..........
March 14, 2017
JOSH717 said:
Guys,I think we on this forum need to know EXACTLY what constitute genuine marriage by CIC's definition. Its heartless to deny couples of their rights with the excuse that their marriage is not genuine!!NONSENSE!!! Im sorry but......Those with experience should educate us on genuine marriage.We would be very grateful!! What God has put together, let no man put asunder. AMEN!!
You may want to read pages 19-22 of this operation manual to see what they look for in a marriage: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf

A marriage is a legalized conjugal relationship. Your proof of genuineness of the marriage must hit these highlights. Below is the quote from the operation manual:

The following list is a set of elements which, when taken together or in various combinations, may
constitute evidence of interdependency. It should be kept in mind that these elements may be
present in varying degrees and not all are necessary for a relationship to be considered conjugal.

Financial aspects of the relationship
 Joint loan agreements for real estate, cars, major household appliances;
 Joint ownership of property, other durable goods;
 Operation of joint bank accounts, joint credit cards evidence that any such accounts have existed for a reasonable period of time;
 The extent of any pooling of financial resources, especially in relation to major financial commitments;
 Whether one party owes any legal obligation in respect of the other.

Social aspects of the relationship
 Evidence that the relationship has been declared to government bodies and commercial or public institutions or authorities and acceptance of such declarations by any such bodies;
 Joint membership in organisations or groups, joint participation in sporting, cultural, social or other activities;
 Joint travel;
 Shared values with respect to how a household should be managed;
 Shared responsibility for children; shared values with respect to child-rearing; willingness to care for the partner’s children;
 Testimonials by parents, family members, relatives or friends and other interested parties about the nature of the relationship and whether the couple present themselves to others as partners.
Statements in the form of statutory declarations are preferred.

Physical and emotional aspects of the relationship -the degree of commitment as evidenced by:
 Knowledge of each other’s personal circumstances, background and family situation;
 Shared values and interests;
 Expressed intention that the relationship will be long term;
 The extent to which the parties have combined their affairs, for example, are they beneficiaries of one another’s insurance plans, pensions, etc.?
 Joint decision-making with consequences for one partner affecting the other;
 Support for each other when ill and on special occasions letters, cards, gifts, time off work to care for other;
 The terms of the parties’ wills made out in each other’s favour provide some evidence of an intention that the relationship is long term and permanent;
 Time spent together;
 Time spent with one another’s families;
 Regular and continuous communication when apart.

Examples of supporting documents:
 Family memberships, medical plans, documentation from institutions that provides recognition as a couple;
 Marriage certificate (not just a solemnization record), wedding invitations, commitment ceremony (certificate, invitations), domestic partnership certificate;
 joint ownership of possessions, joint utility bills, lease/rental agreement, joint mortgage/loan, property title, joint bank statements; money transfers.
 documents showing travel together, long distance phone bills; other proof of continuous communication (emails, internet chat site printouts, letters).
 insurance policies (documents naming the partner as a beneficiary), wills, powers of attorney;
 significant photographs;
 statements of support from families, bank manager, employers, financial professionals, religious leaders, community leaders, professors, teachers or medical professionals.

The above elements may be present in varying degrees and not all are necessary for a relationship to be considered conjugal. Whether an element is present may depend on the culture or preferences of the couple. For example, in some cultures, women have a limited role in the management of the family finances; thus there may not be joint ownership of property or joint bank accounts. Some couples may choose to keep aspects of their financial affairs separate and yet are clearly in a conjugal relationship and have merged their affairs in other respects.

Officers should consider each relationship individually and take into account any other relevant information provided by the applicant (or information otherwise available to the officer), in order to assess whether a conjugal relationship exists.

Officers should also take into account to what extent the laws and/or traditions of the applicant’s home country may discourage the parties from openly admitting the existence of the relationship.

Nyhiraba

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2015
File Transfer...
Nov 10, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Nov 8, 2016
Passport Req..
Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 21, 2016
LANDED..........
March 14, 2017
Praise 77 said:
Hello Everyone,

Quick question for the house, AVO have requested for a copy of basis of claims/personal information form, so my question is how do I send this to them. through email or mail. also my application is linked to GCKey account . thanks
I will say both or all three just to cover your bases.

ikema

Star Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2016
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
File Transfer...
March 28, 2016
Med's Done....
November 27, 2015
Passport Req..
October 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
October 21, 2016
LANDED..........
November 25, 2016
Hi everyone,
I haven't been here for quite some time. I hope everyone is doing quite well. I wish all those waiting for there pr all the best. Is a long wait, but after getting it you forget all the waiting. I beautiful to be with your spouse.

ikema

Star Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2016
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
File Transfer...
March 28, 2016
Med's Done....
November 27, 2015
Passport Req..
October 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
October 21, 2016
LANDED..........
November 25, 2016
I just want to live this pix of information here for everyone who might be puzzling about these questions. Everyone case is different, what work for me might not work for you. Despite what may, or whatever you are doing, try and always be positive and have self confidence. Tell yourself it can happen and you can do it.
Question people might want to ask and find answers to is about getting US visa when you just arrived Canada. These questions include :-
1) Can I apply for US visa if just arrive Canada?
2) Can I apply for US visa with my landed immigrant papers
3) Will I be able to travel outside Canada without PR card
4) Will I be able to comeback to Canada without my PR card?
5) Will I be able to come back to Canada with my confirmation of permanent resident?

Keeping those questions in mind, lets read down to find the answers. All the answers are based on my personal experience.

1) Yes you can apply for US visa, when you just arrived Canada and there is very possibility to get it. Within one month of my arrival to Canada I apply for US visa and it was issued to me.

2) Yes you can apply with your landed immigrant paper I.e your confirmation of permanent resident paper. These document is as good as your pr card. And that is what I use to apply for my US visa.

3) Yes you can travel out without PR card. But I will not advice you to do that. Though I traveled out to the US without my pr card. Is better to be patients to get your pr card before making any move. But, if it requires that you must travel, no qualms you can take the risk as I did.

4) Yes you can come back to Canada with without pr card but with your confirmation of permanent resident documents. BUT!!! you might have some confrontation with immigrant when you try to come back. It was a little bit of challenge for me, but I was able to skip through. If you want to try it, all the best.

5) Yes you will be able to come back. Because I went to the US and come back to Canada with my CPR.
A these activities took place within one month of my arrival. After I came back from the US I got my PR card.
It takes 9 weeks to get your PR card.

I hope these information helps.

gapoha

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th May, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
27th May, 2016
File Transfer...
SA, 15th July, 2016
Med's Request
15th July, 2016
Med's Done....
18th July 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
8th Dec. 2016
VISA ISSUED...
17th Jan. 2017
LANDED..........
28th Jan 2017
ikema said:
Hi everyone,
I haven't been here for quite some time. I hope everyone is doing quite well. I wish all those waiting for there pr all the best. Is a long wait, but after getting it you forget all the waiting. I beautiful to be with your spouse.
I was told by the immigration officer who attended to me that I can only travel the US and be able to re-enter Canada, but if I go out to other countries before my pr card is ready I won't be able to enter Canada with my landing documents.

JOSH717

Oct 26, 2016
ikema said:
I just want to live this pix of information here for everyone who might be puzzling about these questions. Everyone case is different, what work for me might not work for you. Despite what may, or whatever you are doing, try and always be positive and have self confidence. Tell yourself it can happen and you can do it.
Question people might want to ask and find answers to is about getting US visa when you just arrived Canada. These questions include :-
1) Can I apply for US visa if just arrive Canada?
2) Can I apply for US visa with my landed immigrant papers
3) Will I be able to travel outside Canada without PR card
4) Will I be able to comeback to Canada without my PR card?
5) Will I be able to come back to Canada with my confirmation of permanent resident?

Keeping those questions in mind, lets read down to find the answers. All the answers are based on my personal experience.

1) Yes you can apply for US visa, when you just arrived Canada and there is very possibility to get it. Within one month of my arrival to Canada I apply for US visa and it was issued to me.

2) Yes you can apply with your landed immigrant paper I.e your confirmation of permanent resident paper. These document is as good as your pr card. And that is what I use to apply for my US visa.

3) Yes you can travel out without PR card. But I will not advice you to do that. Though I traveled out to the US without my pr card. Is better to be patients to get your pr card before making any move. But, if it requires that you must travel, no qualms you can take the risk as I did.

4) Yes you can come back to Canada with without pr card but with your confirmation of permanent resident documents. BUT!!! you might have some confrontation with immigrant when you try to come back. It was a little bit of challenge for me, but I was able to skip through. If you want to try it, all the best.

5) Yes you will be able to come back. Because I went to the US and come back to Canada with my CPR.
A these activities took place within one month of my arrival. After I came back from the US I got my PR card.
It takes 9 weeks to get your PR card.

I hope these information helps.
Ikema is now our ambassador to US.I'm waiting patiently for my ppr and follow your steps.Thanks for the information.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Nyhiraba said:
Your wife should have appealed her ban when it happened in 2015. I don't know if her sponsor can get a letter from the Bank saying the accounts were genuine at that time. If that cannot be done, then I am afraid it is too late. She will have to wait until 2020.

In addition, when there is an issue about document with the visa office, it is very important to address the issue and verify the document with the institution who presented the document.By doing so and communicate with the visa office can help future application to be approved faster. Therefore I think a big mistake was done in 2015 when you did not take any action to come to a peaceful conclusion with the visa office. Now the 5 years ban stands regardless of which class sponsorship you applying and it really breaks my heart cos 2020 is a very long time but stay positive and hope for the best in coming years. My wife had the same issue when she made a name change in 2014 where one of the school certificate wasn't obtained at a right department by her uncle. The visa office address the concern with us and I was in Ghana so I did my own investigation and they were right so I wrote the a letter to explained them my findings. They then corrected all our mistake and said to reapply in 2014.