Med's Done....
June 28/15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR -March 8/16; Passport arrived @ VO- March 14/16
VISA ISSUED...
Ecas- DM on Mar 21/15; Email to pick up PP- Mar 23/16
Hello everyone. I m new to this site but I have been following the thread recently. Congrats to those getting their visas & praying for those of us awaiting to hear positive news from Accra.

My sponsorship app was received by CIC on June 1, SA on July 28th & file transfered to Accra Ghana. I noticed IN PROCESS on Ecas for my hubby PR status on Aug 6 & still DM for me (the sponsor). Just wondering what that means. Thanks

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
HighlyFavored2015 said:
Hello everyone. I m new to this site but I have been following the thread recently. Congrats to those getting their visas & praying for those of us awaiting to hear positive news from Accra.

My sponsorship app was received by CIC on June 1, SA on July 28th & file transfered to Accra Ghana. I noticed IN PROCESS on Ecas for my hubby PR status on Aug 6 & still DM for me (the sponsor). Just wondering what that means. Thanks
Welcome to the thread.
I have been informed earlier on that a couple of people are seeing 'in process" after SA. There are some people in other thread saying there is a problem with CIC system. In any case, time will tell what it is because this is kind of new. Usually when file is transfered, it shows "application received and then Medical received and of course DM for the SA Decision. Do you see "medical received"? I will say don't worry about it, you are not alone.

Update: this issue is with most June applicants in other threads.

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1/15
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
July 7/15
File Transfer...
SA - July 28/15; File Transfer - Aug 6/15 - INPROCESS
Med's Done....
June 28/15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR -March 8/16; Passport arrived @ VO- March 14/16
VISA ISSUED...
Ecas- DM on Mar 21/15; Email to pick up PP- Mar 23/16
Thanks Lamour for your reply back. Initially when I got DM for SA approval on July 28, I was told by the agent that my file was transferred to Accra Ghana & l will receive the email correspondence as per SA decision. My ecas status shows DM (sponsor) with 3 line: Received app June 1; Started processing July 7 & Sent correspondence as per decision made on July 28. On my hubby PR status shows app received & when I clicked the link further- there was 1 lines: PR app received. However on Aug 6, hubby PR app status changed to IN PROCESS with 2 lines ( PR app received June 1 & medical received). Thanks for your reply. Will update if anything changes. I guess will have to wait and see what happens in the next few weeks or months. I m hoping it is not a fluke in Ecas...lol. I know there are people who applied way b4 me that are still awaiting visas. I did pay for everything upfront & submitted as much proof as possible.

lamour said:
Welcome to the thread.
I have been informed earlier on that a couple of people are seeing 'in process" after SA. There are some people in other thread saying there is a problem with CIC system. In any case, time will tell what it is because this is kind of new. Usually when file is transfered, it shows "application received and then Medical received and of course DM for the SA Decision. Do you see "medical received"? I will say don't worry about it, you are not alone.

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
Hello my people,

Congrats to all those who have received and to those in the wait, yours is around the corner.

I have few questions/concern about spousal sponsorship and I am hoping the seniors here would be kind enough to help out.

I am a PR and would be getting married next summer Nigeria. My Fiancee is currently in Nigeria and we are considering two options that would aid her joining me in Canada.

The first option would be for her to come do an MBA as this would further enhance her chances of being able to apply as inland applicant and also give her chances of better job offers.

The second option is for us to apply for family sponsorship while she is in Nigeria. Can someone walk me through the process of making the application from Nigeria. what do I need to submit, any proof of funds? How long did it take for your application to pull through?

I look forward to getting exciting responses.

Jamie_D

Sep 13, 2013
Hello people,
Please I've got a question. I'm sponsoring my wife for PR and my wife received an email on August 4th to do another medicals within 30 days. Her previous medicals expired Aug 2nd. 2 days after receiving this medical email her ecas changed from application received to application in process on Aug 6th. Please my question is: my wife delivered our baby on July 31st 2015 and we would like to add the baby as a dependant before they finalize her application. Please how do we go about this? What forms and information do we need to send to them?

Our time line is: app received on Dec 2/2014 and SA was feb 23/2015.

Looking forward to your guidance as we are really confused about how to add the baby while trying to beat the 30 days medical deadline given by cic. Thanks.

Firstlady

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-5-2015
AOR Received.
18-6-2015
File Transfer...
13-7-2015 and in process 30th of September 2015
Med's Done....
upfront 9-2-2015
Interview........
Non
Passport Req..
23-3-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04/04/2016
Hi guys,
hope ur day was blissful. Plz a quick question, can i pay my ppr fee from here? I am the applicant's and my husband is the sponsor. Plz can one educate me on how to go about it. Thanks

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
HighlyFavored2015 said:
Thanks Lamour for your reply back. Initially when I got DM for SA approval on July 28, I was told by the agent that my file was transferred to Accra Ghana & l will receive the email correspondence as per SA decision. My ecas status shows DM (sponsor) with 3 line: Received app June 1; Started processing July 7 & Sent correspondence as per decision made on July 28. On my hubby PR status shows app received & when I clicked the link further- there was 1 lines: PR app received. However on Aug 6, hubby PR app status changed to IN PROCESS with 2 lines ( PR app received June 1 & medical received). Thanks for your reply. Will update if anything changes. I guess will have to wait and see what happens in the next few weeks or months. I m hoping it is not a fluke in Ecas...lol. I know there are people who applied way b4 me that are still awaiting visas. I did pay for everything upfront & submitted as much proof as possible.
You are welcome. all The best with your application. We will all be reunited with our loved ones for a certainty.

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
Righteous said:
Hello my people,

Congrats to all those who have received and to those in the wait, yours is around the corner.

I have few questions/concern about spousal sponsorship and I am hoping the seniors here would be kind enough to help out.

I am a PR and would be getting married next summer Nigeria. My Fiancee is currently in Nigeria and we are considering two options that would aid her joining me in Canada.

The first option would be for her to come do an MBA as this would further enhance her chances of being able to apply as inland applicant and also give her chances of better job offers.

The second option is for us to apply for family sponsorship while she is in Nigeria. Can someone walk me through the process of making the application from Nigeria. what do I need to submit, any proof of funds? How long did it take for your application to pull through?

I look forward to getting exciting responses.
Welcome to the tread righteous.
For your question, have you guys already started the application process for the MBA program? This is a good way to come in of course, get married here and apply inland. On the other hand, how long is the process? What are the chances of getting the visa? Consider this and other factors before making up your minds.
Going to get married and then sponsoring your wife simply means you are commited to each other come what may.
In my opinion, as long as you are eligible to sponsor, sponsorship application is straight forward with more assurance.
At the end of the day, you both should Not let your decision making be too long
All the best

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
Jamie_D said:
Hello people,
Please I've got a question. I'm sponsoring my wife for PR and my wife received an email on August 4th to do another medicals within 30 days. Her previous medicals expired Aug 2nd. 2 days after receiving this medical email her ecas changed from application received to application in process on Aug 6th. Please my question is: my wife delivered our baby on July 31st 2015 and we would like to add the baby as a dependant before they finalize her application. Please how do we go about this? What forms and information do we need to send to them?

Our time line is: app received on Dec 2/2014 and SA was feb 23/2015.

Looking forward to your guidance as we are really confused about how to add the baby while trying to beat the 30 days medical deadline given by cic. Thanks.
Please inform the VO right away through email as to the change in your family situation. There is a form to fill out for that but I don't remember what exactly it is called" change I'd family situation" or so. Even the call centers will have more than enough information to give you. I will suggest you call them as well. That however should not stop the Medicals from being done since it has expired.

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
Firstlady said:
Hi guys,
hope ur day was blissful. Plz a quick question, can i pay my ppr fee from here? I am the applicant's and my husband is the sponsor. Plz can one educate me on how to go about it. Thanks
Do you mean your RPRF? if yes, it can be paid from anywhere. Online credit card payments are accepted by CIC

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
lamour said:
Welcome to the tread righteous.
For your question, have you guys already started the application process for the MBA program? This is a good way to come in of course, get married here and apply inland. On the other hand, how long is the process? What are the chances of getting the visa? Consider this and other factors before making up your minds.
Going to get married and then sponsoring your wife simply means you are commited to each other come what may.
In my opinion, as long as you are eligible to sponsor, sponsorship application is straight forward with more assurance.
At the end of the day, you both should Not let your decision making be too long
All the best
thanks for your response!!

Yes, the MBA process has started. application for August 2016 admission.

As par sponsorship application, how long does the process take? do you mind sharing your timeline?

livjer

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/12/14
AOR Received.
28/2/15
File Transfer...
3/3/15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
8/10/14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/08/15
VISA ISSUED...
04/09/15
LANDED..........
16/09/15
Another waiting week August is running so fast is almost getting to mid month we waiting to hear good news soon gm members n newbie :D

keefaith2

Aug 11, 2015
Hi everyone! Sorry for my english, i'm a francophone ;D
I never knew such a thread has been initiated. Thank youuuu soo much!! ;)

My hubby's in canada. Been together for 3years, married for almost 2years. I met him when I was a student there, few months before leaving. It's a real complicated story ::) but full of LOVE, FAITH and HOPE. He has 2 young kids from previous girlfriends, that's why he can't come and stay with me during the process. It's really hard to live seperated.... I'm glad we can finally try to live together forever. Many things had prevented us from starting it before but now we're ready. I pray to God the only thing we don't have (photos of mariage), would not ne considered. WWe have a lot of other proofs: photos of us when I was there(i also met his family and friends) and when he came to visit me and my family (3times); hundreds of skype and whatsapp and fb convo, facetime, fb pics and posts with comments from many friends who know everything about us, phone bills, bank transfert, receipts from activities together... I guess I'll have to explain all the rest.

I really hope the absence of wedding ceremony will have a minor effect. (we plan it for the future, with more family ans money :p )
Is anyone facing the same situation or did anyone succeed without wedding pics? Otherwise I'll take any advice! Thank youuuu

livjer

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/12/14
AOR Received.
28/2/15
File Transfer...
3/3/15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
8/10/14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/08/15
VISA ISSUED...
04/09/15
LANDED..........
16/09/15
@ keefaith2 this question is though with this I know some old members experience it before and they can help alot ghanaboy moh n d rest or U can ask some of the immigration lawyers they can also help alot

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
Righteous said:
thanks for your response!!

Yes, the MBA process has started. application for August 2016 admission.

As par sponsorship application, how long does the process take? do you mind sharing your timeline?
We applied January 7th and File was transfered to Accra VO March 23rd.
All the best with the MBA process.