+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

rabu

Sep 18, 2012
bbccanada said:
The problem here is that there are some few people from Nigeria given that wonderful country a bad reputation so the Ghana Visa Office are always critical about things people say when they are from nigeria especially men in particular. Yes, so like you said they believe that your marriage is genuire that why they didn't ask him anything about your relationship.If i may ask, has he ever lived in Canada before or any other country not nigeria?
he has lived in lebanon (home country) and saudi arabia for a year working there. and i agree with you i have visited nigeria and i loved it. i love the people they are soo sweet and really friendly. if only my family lived in nigeria and it was a safer place to live in, then i would definately live there. if they refuse my husband, my next choice would be to leave my family here and go live there. which will be one of the hardest things to do in my whole life ......

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
rabu said:
he has lived in lebanon (home country) and saudi arabia for a year working there. and i agree with you i have visited nigeria and i loved it. i love the people they are soo sweet and really friendly. if only my family lived in nigeria and it was a safer place to live in, then i would definately live there. if they refuse my husband, my next choice would be to leave my family here and go live there. which will be one of the hardest things to do in my whole life ......
I think for now all you have to do is to wait and see what happens cos you can't predict what is in their mind at the moment. Maybe they need more time time for background check in Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, and Nigeria too so u don't have to worry too much.

rabu

Sep 18, 2012
bbccanada said:
I think for now all you have to do is to wait and see what happens cos you can't predict what is in their mind at the moment. Maybe they need more time time for background check in Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, and Nigeria too so u don't have to worry too much.
i really hope ur right.... thanks for the encouragement

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
Has anyone in this thread gone through an appeal? How were you communicated with during reprocessing?

Teni

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
@ Rabu am sure ur hubby wld b given the visa,his still been checked, so relax and let ur mind b @ rest

rabu

Sep 18, 2012
Teni said:
@ Rabu am sure ur hubby wld b given the visa,his still been checked, so relax and let ur mind b @ rest
thanks for your support Teni, really helps.

rabu

Sep 18, 2012
Does anyone think if i contact the MP in canada would help speed up the process. and request my husbands passport? if i say that i have given birth and i want my husband to be here with me?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It probably won't speed up the process, but some MPs are very helpful. It won't hurt to contact yours and see if they can do anything. Usually all they can do is get information, however.

rabu

Sep 18, 2012
canadianwoman said:
It probably won't speed up the process, but some MPs are very helpful. It won't hurt to contact yours and see if they can do anything. Usually all they can do is get information, however.
they mentioned that his bring forward date is oct 26th what does that mean?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
That is when the visa officer will look at the application again.

mevisbleek

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
Does anyone have an idea on how long the security check takes for Nigerian citizens. I guess thats whats holding back my application

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
mevisbleek said:
Does anyone have an idea on how long the security check takes for Nigerian citizens. I guess thats whats holding back my application
I never believed in this so call background check for wasting people's time for nothing. The visa office just call for an interview by judging people's appearance and when they see what they don't like than they start using this background check for making excusses. The VO in Accra is very terrible and i hate the way they complicate things for innocent people. Too bad

rabu

Sep 18, 2012
bbccanada said:
I never believed in this so call background check for wasting people's time for nothing. The visa office just call for an interview by judging people's appearance and when they see what they don't like than they start using this background check for making excusses. The VO in Accra is very terrible and i hate the way they complicate things for innocent people. Too bad
what????? noooooooooo :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

nbell

Oct 13, 2012
hi guyz, i am new on the post. last year my family and i applied for the canadian immigration, and went tru all the rigour only for them to tell us in the end that my sister who was our sponsor had filed for only my dad .my dad was given his pr and the rest of us sent back and then they asked us to go and apply for family class as with my dad as sponsor which we did in january and by the grace of God we are scheduled for an interview on tuesday next week.0ct 16th. so d new app took about 10 months!
please does anyone here have an experience with the family class interview consisting of dependent children and what it entails?
basically we are five myself my mum and my 3 other siblings , they asked us all to come, my brother is in canada at the moment in school so they said he did not have to appear.
please if any one knows what my family and i should expect or anyone who has gone tru this process, please let us know. God bless and thank you.