Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Milaby

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
No wonder they rushed to clear February applications in December, so that they can now lazy about and do what they please. By now they are supposed to be rounding up March files.
Or be on April applicant. I think I'd suggest all March applicants to send email to AVO. I thought maybe they are waiting for 10 months mark but this is the 10th month for March applicant. Like they want to repeat what they did to us in 2017 before the "operation flood the ministers office"

Reactions: Cutie101

Stellalawrence

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Or be on April applicant. I think I'd suggest all March applicants to send email to AVO. I thought maybe they are waiting for 10 months mark but this is the 10th month for March applicant. Like they want to repeat what they did to us in 2017 before the "operation flood the ministers office"
I did that. They just sent reply saying its in queue for review.

Lagos babe

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
wow! well maybe we wait for them to finish with student visa, express entry etc then before getting to us:(
Well AVO is known for their slowness and laziness.
While it gets to everyone, one needs to have lots of Patience and endurance, the consolation is, you have less than the months, you have waited for.
The sad truth is that family sponsorship applications do not benefit the Canadian government, as much as express entry does, and it might be shocking to know that AVO doesn't process express entry applications (very sure about Nigerian applicants), and most students and visitors applications are processed in Lagos and Abuja.
The question no one can answer is what AVO does.
Hard as it may, I would just advise everyone to try to get busy with other things, it's hard, but it is doable.

Joejj123

Dec 1, 2017
The lack of response from AVO is really a way to testing everyone's patience.
Please hang in there, sooner or later everyone will receive the good news you've all been waiting for.
I sometimes wish AVO is aligning themselves with the code of ethics just like other foreign visa offices outside Canada and not just creating room for an unnecessary delay which sometimes results to backlog instead of working efficiently like all other visa offices.
Please feel free to review other forums to keep yourself updated or stay busy. Most applicants whose application are been processed are not exactly sure why AVO is these slow despite the estimated processing time given by the government to finalize every application.

Disclaimer:

Mexico office working on May 2017 Applicants and approved
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/mexico.35385/page-1071

London office working on May 2017 Applicants and approved
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thread-for-outland-london-uk-applications.49436/page-1497

May 2017 Applicants approved from unknown visa office
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/may-2017-outland-spousal-sponsorship-outside-of-canada.488469/page-313

Kingston Jamaica office August 2017 Applicant approved
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/kingston-jamaica-new-application-as-of-dec-7-2016.487168/page-162

Manila office June 2017 Applicant Approved
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/june-2017-outland-spousal-sponsorship-outside-of-canada.496136/page-232

April 2017 Applicant Approved
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/april-2017-spousal-sponsorship-outside-of-canada.480941/page-395

I wish AVO will continue the good work they have been doing before Christmas and try to catch-up with other visa offices knowing that family reunification is very important to Government of Canada when it comes to immigration.

Thank You
Joejj123
#RemainBlessed#

Milaby

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
Well AVO is known for their slowness and laziness.
While it gets to everyone, one needs to have lots of Patience and endurance, the consolation is, you have less than the months, you have waited for.
The sad truth is that family sponsorship applications do not benefit the Canadian government, as much as express entry does, and it might be shocking to know that AVO doesn't process express entry applications (very sure about Nigerian applicants), and most students and visitors applications are processed in Lagos and Abuja.
The question no one can answer is what AVO does.
Hard as it may, I would just advise everyone to try to get busy with other things, it's hard, but it is doable.
Yes you are right. Tho student visa and express entry is actually processed in AVO. And that is what they're processing now, there is a thread here for express entry where I saw some applicants being approved and another for student visa (Nairaland). So AVO is actually working but not on our files for now which is so unfair

Lagos babe

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Yes you are right. Tho student visa and express entry is actually processed in AVO. And that is what they're processing now, there is a thread here for express entry where I saw some applicants being approved and another for student visa (Nairaland). So AVO is actually working but not on our files for now which is so unfair
AVO doesn't process express entry for Nigerian applicants, they only stamp visas, the applications are processed in London or Canada, they are online applications, and for student applications, most of the applications are processed in Nigeria, especially if online, AVO only stamps the visa.
Unfair, may be, but like I said, Canada puts economic migration before family sponsorship.
Lastly, the timeline is twelve months, these other applications have timelines ranging from weeks to six months, so they always come before us.
All will be well, I am an early April applicant, so I understand your plight.

Milaby

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
AVO doesn't process express entry for Nigerian applicants, they only stamp visas, the applications are processed in London or Canada, they are online applications, and for student applications, most of the applications are processed in Nigeria, especially if online, AVO only stamps the visa.
Unfair, may be, but like I said, Canada puts economic migration before family sponsorship.
Lastly, the timeline is twelve months, these other applications have timelines ranging from weeks to six months, so they always come before us.
All will be well, I am an early April applicant, so I understand your plight.
Oh yeah... I wonder what they are doing then. It's well i pray we all hear good news soon

Reactions: ok1960

Stellalawrence

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Another week going by and still nothing from AGO. I know some people will come and say be patient but it' just really depressing. I havnt been kissed in more than a year

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
Another week going by and still nothing from AGO. I know some people will come and say be patient but it' just really depressing. I havnt been kissed in more than a year
As in... I so understand how you feel, it is depressing and frustrating. No word from then in family sponsorship. The prayer now is God touch their hearts, they shouldn’t have rest of mind till they touch and finish our files.

Gattu_Milan

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra visa office
App. Filed.......
28 April 2017
Doc's Request.
14 June 2017
AOR Received.
10 June 2017
File Transfer...
25 July 2017
Med's Request
26 September 2017
Med's Done....
2 October 2017
Hello everyone!!

Eish, I wish I have a good news to share.... but just like everyone here, I'm still waiting.
March applicants it must be even more frustrating for you guys. Someone would say get busy with something in the meantime, but the truth is its very difficult to even concentrate with anything!
So this is what I think: all March applicants should send AVO a gentle reminder, as they supposed to have finalized their files. As for April applicant, I think we should be a little more patient. I am April 28 applicant and to be honest I wasn't expecting to hear from AVO in this January. So, I say let's just give them a little more time, till end of January. I'm sure that between the end of January and February all April will be served, and I believe that strongly in my heart. Hang in there guys, we've all done great so far with the waiting game, this is how close we are, and remember the finish line is always the hardest part. let's. not allow this VO to determine our mood each day. In fact (dem no reach!) good luck to everyone.
Oh... and talk bout "kissing" it will be a year on February 8 since I kissed my wife last. We could all just share our timeline on that! Lol

Stellalawrence

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Hello everyone!!

Eish, I wish I have a good news to share.... but just like everyone here, I'm still waiting.
March applicants it must be even more frustrating for you guys. Someone would say get busy with something in the meantime, but the truth is its very difficult to even concentrate with anything!
So this is what I think: all March applicants should send AVO a gentle reminder, as they supposed to have finalized their files. As for April applicant, I think we should be a little more patient. I am April 28 applicant and to be honest I wasn't expecting to hear from AVO in this January. So, I say let's just give them a little more time, till end of January. I'm sure that between the end of January and February all April will be served, and I believe that strongly in my heart. Hang in there guys, we've all done great so far with the waiting game, this is how close we are, and remember the finish line is always the hardest part. let's. not allow this VO to determine our mood each day. In fact (dem no reach!) good luck to everyone.
Oh... and talk bout "kissing" it will be a year on February 8 since I kissed my wife last. We could all just share our timeline on that! Lol
Lol. Sharing last kiss timeline should be fun. Sent them a reminder via mail and i know some March applicants also did same.