Nomination.....
09/09/2014
Med's Request
02/03/2015
Med's Done....
05/03/2015
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
Ok quick advice for a friend guys... They applied November 3rd and Got PPR with remedical and police report submission along with the passport yesterday, problem is the husband is presently in the US and they are asking for FBI report which will take 3months and also the police report from Nigeria..all of which they submitted initially...she's distraught right now...what should they do..AVo gave them 15days to submit all the documents...
For purposes of immigration PCC are valid for one year.
They applied last year, most likely had it done upfront, and this means the PCC are expired, due to AVOs lackadaisical attitude.

However, since the principal applicant has gone back to the USA, after he got his previous FBI report, he needs to get a new one, the old one is invalid.

They need to apply for a new FBI report, get the Nigerian one done.

However, being in the USA, it's actually illegal to send passports from there to AVO, a mail needs to be sent to AVO, stating the new residence of the principal applicant, they would ask for details of his status in the states, to confirm if he's going to get his passport stamped over there.

In the interim, let them send the email, medical can be done in the US , start the PCC application for both countries, and wait for their response, on where to send the required documents.

HOWEVER, if they find it convenient to get back to Nigeria ASAP, it can still be tackled within 15 days, they would send all they asked for, including proof that the FBI REPORT has been requested for.
The application would be on hold, pending when the FBI report is gotten.

Reactions: Cutie101

Denne

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Ghana
App. Filed.......
16-08--2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2017
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
Nov. 08. 2017
Interview........
Nov. 08.2017
Passport Req..
Nov 08. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 18, 2017
LANDED..........
Loading............!
AMEN AMEN!!!!
you know i was thinking of you yesterday and now all this.... So so happy for you.
let' have hubby literally run to get PCC and remedial. I have a feeling it' going to be a wonderful Christmas in Canada for the both of you... hint hint start shopping for plane fare it' on sale:);););););) Congrattttts again
Thanks Cutie101....I can breathe again! AVO bwoy! got me worried there for a minute.

Reactions: Cutie101

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
Hallelujah!! Every-boddieee! God has done it!
My hubby did his interview this morning and Praises be to God he ACED IT!!!. Interview scheduled for 1 hour, only lasted minutes.
Got Medical, Police clearance and Passport request on the spot. He has 15 days in which to get all this done and submitted.
The end is near!!!! God has done it!
Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and support. Blessings and love.
For all those who are waiting...keep the faith! your day is coming
#August 2016 applicant. Hopefully hubby and I will be spending Christmas together.
Congrats!!! Finally, it is over.

debbiejosh

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/05/2014
Nomination.....
09/09/2014
Med's Request
02/03/2015
Med's Done....
05/03/2015
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
Yes a decision was made. And the application for permanent resident is currently in progress, I passed Medical Oct 5 2017 & I'm April 28 applicant
Firstly, ask your wife how much was paid initially.

Is the decision made on the principal applicant application on ECAS and my CIC account?

If decision is made on principal applicant side, and she paid only 1040 CAD, then it is something to worry about.

Reactions: colmiz

nwaefulu_716

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
Doc's Request.
02-03-2017 (schedule A)
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
File Transfer...
15-06-2017 (ECAS IP)
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
12-07-2017
Passport Req..
03-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019
LANDED..........
20-02-2019

Is the decision made on the principal applicant application on ECAS and my CIC account?

If decision is made on principal applicant side, and she paid only 1040 CAD, then it is something to worry about.
I was going to say the same - if they are making a refund, does that mean the application is rejected? But doesn’t make sense that they would have already asked for medical if that was the case, and also not make contact with any concerns they have about the application... if they are indeed processing April applicants, that means they skipped a lot of people.

Reactions: colmiz

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
send with application/ PASSED
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
Hey guys
Check our statues this morning and I saw that background check says ‘’ Not applicable ‘’

And additional Documents change to ‘’
We do not need additional documents.

It change between yesterday and today

Don’t no what to think

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM

CIC will only refund portion of the fee if rejected and they did not receive refusal letter so I don' think its refund for 'rights to permanent resident fee'. I believe its can potentially be excess funds and or a mistake on CIC part. Just call CIC for further explanation nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
Reactions: me2605

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Hey guys
Check our statues this morning and I saw that background check says ‘’ Not applicable ‘’

And additional Documents change to ‘’
We do not need additional documents.

It change between yesterday and today

Don’t no what to think
What did your additional documents row say before now?

Stellalawrence

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
I received pick up mail today after 38days. I applied 04 August 2016. Passport was received 2nd of October, approved on gckey 17th October and got pick up mail 8th Nov. Thank you Jesus. Finally finally the lord has done me well.

I appreciate every member of our family here on this forum for their concern and encouragement.
congratulations!!!!!

Reactions: tender

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
they will only refund portion of the fee if rejected and they did not receive refusal letter so I don' think it' refund for rights to permanent resident fee. I believe I can potentially be excess funds and or a mistake on CIC part. jus call CIC for further explanation nothing to worry about.
I agree with this, I actually came across this just now “Refunds in family-class sponsorship cases, where there are appeal rights, will be to the sponsor "on demand", after a negative appeal decision. A check to ensure that a visa has not been issued must be made with the applicable visa office abroad. The sponsor must be advised by letter that the RPRF will be refunded after appeals are exhausted and only upon written request. Withdrawal of sponsorships at any time during the process will result in the refund of the RPRF; however, the Case Processing Centre must advise the visa office abroad of the withdrawal of the sponsorship and wait for confirmation that a visa was not issued prior to processing the refund.”

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
What did your additional documents row say before now?
It says we need additional Documents to continue processing your application

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
Reactions: Stellalawrence

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year

when decision is made on the principal applicant side, there could still be a refund if you overpaid (or they have deemed that you have overpaid). It happened to me. Reading the fee instructions we somehow got confused about the non-accompanying dependent's fees and we ended up overpaying. So they refunded us $150 shortly after the application was transferred to Accra. Due to their changes in workflow, it's possible that they are now getting a chance to review it? @ Gattu_Milan I suggest you just provide them with the updated address as requested in the letter and see what happens.