App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
I think people should become more proactive by sending unsolicited additional information once or twice to AVO by email or courier during this waiting period. I don't remember seeing any case where they still requested additional information after the applicant sent some beforehand (correct me if I'm wrong). Its very annoying to get a request for additional evidence after a year of waiting and then have to wait a month or more again to hear their final decision.

Jayotuks

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
please what is the email for sending the additional documents to Accra VO, or maybe i should send it via mycic? any ideas? all the people that sent in additional documents without being asked, how did you do it please?
I think people should become more proactive by sending unsolicited additional information once or twice to AVO by email or courier during this waiting period. I don't remember seeing any case where they still requested additional information after the applicant sent some beforehand (correct me if I'm wrong). Its very annoying to get a request for additional evidence after a year of waiting and then have to wait a month or more again to hear their final decision.

Cosey

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Hello guys Good day to y'all am new here and will like to ask a question about my application with was sent in February and was received by CIC in February ending and they update my status saying that my application is being processed since April 29 and got another mail from them last two weeks July 25th requesting for medical which I proceeded with it on 31st July can anyone tell me what's next and when I should expect to hear from them and what the context will be?

Holymoses

Dec 30, 2016
Good day all , as regard to someone who ticked no instead of yes on the schedule A form, what is the best solution to amend this issue , is it to redo the form and accompanying it with an apologetic letter or am I to wait till I hear from avo b4 i do so, am very confused now cos I keep getting a mixed advice on this, I want those who went through this same issue to advice me on what to do.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca
I think you should give your application sometime to sit with them and you can send anything really from more communication, bank transfers, any visits in between and any other significant events that have happened confirming your marriage. i believe the key is relevance and organization as opposed to volume. So give it some time and then send anything significant you have. @Jayotuks

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
2017 applicants seem to have a different pathway from older applications and we haven't seen anyone on here get PPR yet so its hard to say what to expect for you guys. But be optimistic, AVO willl be done with 2016 in a bit! @Cosey

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Good day all , as regard to someone who ticked no instead of yes on the schedule A form, what is the best solution to amend this issue , is it to redo the form and accompanying it with an apologetic letter or am I to wait till I hear from avo b4 i do so, am very confused now cos I keep getting a mixed advice on this, I want those who went through this same issue to advice me on what to do.
I wouldn't wait, send in a new one right away with an explanation. It's better you show you made a mistake instead of them thinking you're hiding something.

Last edited:

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
The group is quiet today...

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
Hope we are all fine?

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM

if you don't amend it because of refusal entry and they find out later on they will indicate for you to send them an updated version of the document. it's not anything against you. so for you not to be delayed SEND THEM AN UPDATED Form what is there to be confused about?

Cosey

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
I sent an email to AVO yesterday concerning the 16 month elapsed of my sponsorship application but no reply this morning. Normally emails send are responded the next day by noon. I am still waiting for a response.
By the way, did anybody hear any news from AVO

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
If you sent the mail on Monday, it was Thanksgiving in Canada so AVO wouldn't work on that day. They also take more than 24 hrs sometimes to respond to emails so be patient. You can also use the Web form to send a case specific inquiry.
I sent an email to AVO yesterday concerning the 16 month elapsed of my sponsorship application but no reply this morning. Normally emails send are responded the next day by noon. I am still waiting for a response.
By the way, did anybody hear any news from AVO

Reactions: colmiz