+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Jayotuks

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Just curious - your profile shows you applied in Feb, same as us. Your wife must have been heavily pregnant then. Were you not able to apply earlier? Seems unrealistic to expect them to process the application in such a short period, baby or not. We were told to expect the full 12 months timeline that was projected at the time. Ourselves had to endure a lost pregnancy while apart which proved much harder than we could have imagined. Well, God be our strength and we will come through stronger and victorious in Jesus name. Hang in there...
So sorry about the lost of the pregnancy. But are you trying to say that no 2017 applicant should expect PPR this year? Even by december. That is very sad, that will really confirm that Accra has truly been sleeping on the case. God help us

nwaefulu_716

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
Doc's Request.
02-03-2017 (schedule A)
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
File Transfer...
15-06-2017 (ECAS IP)
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
12-07-2017
Passport Req..
03-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019
LANDED..........
20-02-2019
So sorry about the lost of the pregnancy. But are you trying to say that no 2017 applicant should expect PPR this year? Even by december. That is very sad, that will really confirm that Accra has truly been sleeping on the case. God help us
Not saying they won't (praying we will get it very soon), but they did take 4 months and 6 months to process declines on 2 visitor visas for us so based on that alone my expectations are not too high.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Na wa oo, ur medical expires 25th Oct, a day b4 mine. They also expect u to land before then. AVO got no mercy at all, stamping a visa shouldn't take more than 5 working days but what do I know.

Me and hubby already conditioned our minds flight ticket will be cut throat price. Just try and relax ur mind, I believe u ll get that mail latest by Friday.
Just pack your luggage's and prepare for plane fare
if your coming with KLM October -Dec 11th atleast is low season economy class adult your looking at $1346-1398 unless the sales come through I normally starts October so it can be as low as 1000-1200 if paying for it in Nigeria they charge most likely in USD unless your sponsor can purchase it in CAD for you.

Reactions: Sugarcoconut

Cei325

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Yes
is the person's VO Accra also?
it's Accra infact I spoke with the lady she said she submitted everything upfront around Jan including medical she did not wait for request now her husband is with her after 5 months from Nigeria

Cei325

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
They are still working on files received prior to the change in December are still being processed. Also, because there has been a change in the process, and no one has yet received their visa under the new process, no one is sure of how long it will take or what the steps in the new application process look like. We just seem to all get the medical requests a few months after we receive notification that our files have been moved to Accra. But none of us seem to be that far along to know what comes next with this new process.
Are you saying that people that sent application this yr has not recived Ppr yet ?

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
same with mine. no update in ecas
let's just be patient with them.
they specifically said that no one should email them, that we should allow them to do their job.

I would kind of thing that they would add more priority to EE, it's an economic class.
Family sponsorship is not. for all they care, your spouse will be in no hurry to get a job and start giving back to the society..
where do I review this ECAS or the ECAS is the same as the CIC linked app online?? is it same tool or 2 different sites? if different then CIC please provide the link for ECAS

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone, my husband goes for his interview tomorrow morning. We hustled and got the IDs for my husbands ex/mother of his son and his sons passport photos they asked for. We are nervous but must be confident. Thank you to everyone's support this past week. We all need your prayers tonight and tomorrow. I will let you know what we hear.
I hope to GOD you and your husband practiced testing yourselves with the interview questions on the April outland questions. they will ask dumb questions like what is your wife or husband's favorite color and sport that is tricky question trust me people fail it alllll the time.

PLEASE PREPARE GO OVER ALL QUESTIONS AND YOUR TIME LINE WHEN YOU MET
EVERY LITTLE DETAIL COVER IT ... HE SHOULD KEEP HIS ANSWERS SHORT AND PRECISE TO THE POINT. NOT TO BE NERVOUS TALK TO THEM LIKE A REGULAR PERSON BECUASE THEY WILL INTIMIDATE YOU.

GOOD LUCK ALL THE BEST

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Are you saying that people that sent application this yr has not recived Ppr yet ?
One person above you says that they know someone who did. However, as far as we can tell, no one that uses this site, who applied this year and is going through the Accra VO has received their PPR yet.

People from last year are still being processed.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
I hope to GOD you and your husband practiced testing yourselves with the interview questions on the April outland questions. they will ask dumb questions like what is your wife or husband's favorite color and sport that is tricky question trust me people fail it alllll the time.

PLEASE PREPARE GO OVER ALL QUESTIONS AND YOUR TIME LINE WHEN YOU MET
EVERY LITTLE DETAIL COVER IT ... HE SHOULD KEEP HIS ANSWERS SHORT AND PRECISE TO THE POINT. NOT TO BE NERVOUS TALK TO THEM LIKE A REGULAR PERSON BECUASE THEY WILL INTIMIDATE YOU.

GOOD LUCK ALL THE BEST
Hi cutie101 yes we did, and it went super well and we got our medical request today! Just a couple hours after the interview! Yay!!!

When I have some brain space I'll share the interview questions and how it went. :)

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
I can't remember who posted a feedback form on this forum. I filled the form sometimes last week and I got a generic response. I am not sure if they actually looked up my file but below is the response.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application. It is still within the regular processing times.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

For all future enquiries, we invite you to submit your request using the IRCC Web form.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Marco, Agent 4059
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca
That is an automated email that you get.
depending on your query the visa officer will review if it deems a response to your query or not.. they respond after 24 -48 hours . I got a response from them after I submitted the webform... not much said other than thanking me for my patience. app is in progress

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hello people I am new here, I want to know based on previous experiences, how long after I have been asked to submit my police certificate will it take to get a request for medical clearance, and how long after medical clearance to get request for passport. I just sent my police clearance 18th Sept. Thanks
Its case by case
some have waited longer
new process so far once approved and u submitted your pcc and file gets transferred expect to have medical request after 3 months could be longer because some who have been approved in june/july are now being requested for medicals.. once medicals is completed depending on Visa officers work load you maybe looking at background review-if you are eligible if medicals passed which you will know after medicals can take 3-10days to getting results
once background another couple months so basically new process you are looking at 0-8 months to getting PPR -provided 2016 applicants are cleared.
unless they have 2 streams of Visa officers clearing 2016 and another clearing 2017
so you have a seat and try to find an activity to do and remove your mind from this process.. we always get held back every time there is a natural disaster that Canada has to relief that country. the visa officers stop and process the refugee claimants as they would be first priority. the main reasons to our file delays is the Syrian refugees from 2016 that impacted our applications that settled in Canada. And now the American people coming in claiming refugee is also delaying because there is a lot of people crossing the border all this delays alot of immigration process so lets So lets just all hope no more natural disasters so these VO can work on our file.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hi cutie101 yes we did, and it went super well and we got our medical request today! Just a couple hours after the interview! Yay!!!

When I have some brain space I'll share the interview questions and how it went. :)
awesommmmeeeee.. since you got the medical done I expect PPR letter in 2 weeks in Jesus name.....
its a good news I know and feel it.
I am happy for you guys .. congrats in advance

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Biko, April 27th applicant here! :rolleyes: For those who have received the request for medicals, did you get notified through an email or through your GCKey online account?
you get it through your linked app - and an email will be sent to you to check your online app to action an item.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Interview went amazingly well today!!! My husband killed it!! :):):) They just wanted to know a bit more about his son and his relationship with him and the ex, which is a good relationship, thank goodness. They didn't even keep our additional relationship proof!!! They gave it back to him!

AND THEN!! We got our MEDICAL REQUEST an hour later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):)
@becos, I would like to congratulate you for such a good news! I am really happy to see you getting to the end of the tunnel that is great. Now you can relax knowing that the visa is coming soon after the medical. Great new.................