16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
TeamCMOR said:
Sponsorship length means the number of months you signed the undertaking to sponsor your partner. You are liable for 3 years ( 36 months) to ensure you can support your partner basic needs. They cannot go on social assistance during this time or else that's something you would owe the government.

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
TeamCMOR said:
Sponsorship length means the number of months you signed the undertaking to sponsor your partner. You are liable for 3 years ( 36 months) to ensure you can support your partner basic needs. They cannot go on social assistance during this time or else that's something you would owe the government.
So the 36 months doesn't have anything to do with how long the process will take? Wheeew! Thank God!

crucial

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone please give me a reliable and reasonable person or officer contact to do Police Clearance Certificate Nigeria? I will really appreciate.
Thanks all.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
crucial said:
Can someone please give me a reliable and reasonable person or officer contact to do Police Clearance Certificate Nigeria? I will really appreciate.
Thanks all.
Brother or sister since I am from Ghana I don't have anything to offer you but I will advice you to personally go to the police office to fill out the form and follow the proper procedure. My wife's case would have been finished if it wasn't the mistake we did by allowing someone we believe was a reasonable person to handle our documentation so please if you are not in Nigeria make sure you send someone you really know to go there in person for you but do not just take a phone number to call someone you never met for such a document.

Butterflygirl

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
17/05/2016
AOR Received.
27/07/2016
File Transfer...
11/08/2016
Med's Request
05/12/2016
Med's Done....
09/12/2016
Interview........
05-2017
TeamCMOR said:
Hey Butterfly girl.Happy Belated birthday. May it be the last one you spend alone. are you prepared too for an interview? At times in some cases, visa officers call the sponsor as well to ensure the information provided in the interview from the applicant is adjacent to what he is saying. I blv you two should take time to go over everything to ensure a smooth, comfortable process and they would not be too much delay in issuing a final decision towards your case. I wish you and your partner all the best of luck ok. Have a great weekend too.
Thanks TeamCMOR
You are such a positive and caring person. May God bless you.

So my package took 3 days to make it. Now just the wait for interview. My husband will answer all questions from heart. I know that it shall go smooth. I just pray we have a compassionate officer to conduct the interview and approve him.
How is everyone else doing?

nessacanada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
Hi,

Its nice to have found this page! I applied for a study permit in accra and wanted to ask, how long does it take for one to find out if they need to attend an interview after you send in your application. My initial page after application says I do not need an interview but they will contact me if that changes....is that a sign that i may not need an interview or that is how the application appears initially before they book an interview date for you? my other question is i took my medicals upfront like a week before i applied but under medicals, my application page just says I dont need medicals but it doesnt say whether I passed the medicals or not. the clinic said it takes 3 days for the results to be available to the embassy so shouldn't it have shown up by now?

thanks.

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
SA-16/9/2016 ,in processes on 28/9/2016
Med's Request
passed 2nd medical done and passed on Feb 25
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
crucial said:
Thanks all.
I know one good officer in Lagos ,CID annex ,if you haven't got one ,reply my PM

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Hello Members,

I have a quick question for you? My wife did her medical on Dec 6 2016 therefore does that means that if her case is being finalized before the medical expire means she has to travelled before the medical expires on Dec 6 2017? I am asking this because buying a flight ticket in Dec is very expansive at least your response will give me some idea. Thanks in advance

TeamCMOR

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Waived
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA August 11,2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
03-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2017
LANDED..........
April 25 2017
bbccanada said:
Hello Members,

I have a quick question for you? My wife did her medical on Dec 6 2016 therefore does that means that if her case is being finalized before the medical expire means she has to travelled before the medical expires on Dec 6 2017? I am asking this because buying a flight ticket in Dec is very expansive at least your response will give me some idea. Thanks in advance
from experience my answer is yes. However some cases the Visa office can give you an extension of 2 to 3 months after your initial due date. I don't know under which circumstances each case is different.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Our app marks 8 months of processing today. I'm packing for an out of country wedding with all of my friends and their spouses... I will be the only single one there. Missing my husband so much. As the weather gets nicer, I pray he gets here soon to enjoy the beautiful warmth of Canada. Maybe while I'm away this week good news will reach us all.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
TeamCMOR said:
from experience my answer is yes. However some cases the Visa office can give you an extension of 2 to 3 months after your initial due date. I don't know under which circumstances each case is different.
@TeamCmor, thanks for your feed beck! I really appreciate and I hope everyone gets their visas before the medical expires.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
becos said:
Our app marks 8 months of processing today. I'm packing for an out of country wedding with all of my friends and their spouses... I will be the only single one there. Missing my husband so much. As the weather gets nicer, I pray he gets here soon to enjoy the beautiful warmth of Canada. Maybe while I'm away this week good news will reach us all.
@becos,I really feel your pain and if you look at my last post I was asking if the visa expires when the medical expires because I really wish my wife would be here in the summer or maybe in the fall which I believe is the best time to receive your family here in Canada with so much activities going on. But according to the way things are at the moment my wife's medical expires in Dec 6 hence if everything goes well with in the 12 months processing then my wife will arrival around the winter which I know would be tough for her but if it happens no choice.

Mimikoms

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Please is there anyone who didn't do upfront medical? I want to know how long before cic requested for one to be done. Thanks and awaiting a response from someone.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
bbccanada said:
@becos,I really feel your pain and if you look at my last post I was asking if the visa expires when the medical expires because I really wish my wife would be here in the summer or maybe in the fall which I believe is the best time to receive your family here in Canada with so much activities going on. But according to the way things are at the moment my wife's medical expires in Dec 6 hence if everything goes well with in the 12 months processing then my wife will arrival around the winter which I know would be tough for her but if it happens no choice.
Thanks bbc. I hear you. So much nicer to come when it's warm ish in Canada, rather than the winter. I pray that you hear in time for at least a fall arrival.
I think what's weighing on me is just that life is going by and I'm missing sharing these moments with my husband. It's been two and half years now of being apart. I'm so ready to restart our lives. Anyways, I know everyone is feeling this way. Sending strength to everyone.