+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

FitzTaj

Jan 19, 2016
ibejiopad said:
Hi bro, I sent you a pm but no response. How long did it take you to change VO and through what means did you get it done. And we're you notified by ottawa or directly by avo when the change was effected.

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
samola10 said:
Thank you Lamour I am now waiting SA and file transfer to Accra bcos my medicals ll expire July and I don't know if they ll request for remedical or extend the one i did nd also police certificate. All done in July
please advice
thank you
Hey @samola10. I'll suggest you don't worry about the Medicals for now, July is still far off. This process gets stressful and intense and days and months go by. Taking one step at a time will help have a good composure of the process.

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
olorvi said:
Hello All

I received this email this morning, they are asking to interview my spouse in Ghana, is this a positive thing? We had just sent them the messages they requested prior to them requesting an interview. Now I am a little worried, has anyone else had to go through an interview? Can you please give me any information about the interview and what they are looking for? Thanks!!!

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to continue processing your application, an interview is required. We are therefore pleased to advise that you are required to attend an interview at the location, date and time indicated below:

Interview at the Canadian High Commission in Accra on the 3rd of February, 2016 at 09:00:00am

The purpose of this interview will be to determine your eligibility for admission to Canada.

Unless you have been specifically instructed otherwise by the officer, all of your accompanying family members over the age of 16 should be present for the interview as well. If any are absent, processing of your application may be delayed.

Please bring the following original documents with you to the interview:

Ø Your marriage certificate. (If not already provided)

Ø Photos of your marriage ceremony (if you are being sponsored by your spouse).

Ø Proof of communication (i.e. photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) between you and your sponsor,

and any other documentation you may have in respect to your relationship. (If not already provided)

Ø Historical identification such as school documents, birth certificates, previous passports etc. (Please bring originals of documents to interview if not already submitted)

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE RECEPTIONIST WHEN YOU CHECK IN FOR THE INTERVIEW. DOCUMENTS NOT SUBMITTED PRIOR TO THE INTERVIEW MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED AT THE INTERVIEW.

Please note that interviews scheduled in Accra will be conducted in English or French, the official language of your choice. If you require an interpreter in any other language or dialect, it is your responsibility to make the necessary arrangements for an interpreter, including payment for his/her services. If you arrive at interview and the officer is unable to conduct the interview due to your inability in English or French or the absence of an interpreter, the interview will not take place. Your application may then be assessed based on the information on file, and this may result in an unfavourable decision.

If your sponsor has not already done so they may wish to consider paying the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga at this time. Please note that if no visa is issued to you, this fee is fully refundable.

PLEASE NOTE

If you are unable to attend the interview on the date and time indicated, you must inform us well in advance, giving a substantive reason why you are unable to attend. If you fail to keep your appointment, and we have not otherwise heard from you WITHIN 60 DAYS of your scheduled interview, we will have to assume that you are no longer interested in going to Canada and your application will be refused.

Do not give up employment, dispose of household effects or make travel or any other arrangement until you have received notice that you are accepted for immigration. There is no assurance at this stage that a visa will be granted to you.

Please bring this letter, any relevant supporting documents, and your passport with you when you appear for your appointment.

A copy of this letter has been sent to your sponsor in Canada, if applicable.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Regards,

Immigration Section(RA)
Please be prepared for the interview. Don't panick,It's a last chance that is not given to everyone to prove the relationship. Get everything requested ready. Here is a link to possible interview questions that I found on this forum. Check it out...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t12122.0.html;msg46158#msg46158
All the best.

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
BENESTEL said:
Thank you so much my sister! You are next. BUt quite frankly I am just ready with my Thanksgiving seed for Lamour! That's one testimony that will shake this forum. To everyone else getting ready to apply: Give Immigration everything you have before they ask. Triple check everything.

We gave them:

Secondary School Certificate.
High School Certificate.
Proof of Employment.
Proof of Western Union and MoneyGram receipts.
220 Wedding pictures of the Traditional and White Wedding. I wrote at the back of each picture, who is in it, where they came from to attend and the dates.
Emails between us.
Conversations on Whatsapp, BBM, KingsChat, Text
I printed Facebook posts from friends referring to us or our own page with friends comments.
Marriage Certificate.
Approval Letter from our Pastors.
Letters from our bosses.
Stutory Declarations.
Birthday and Valentine Love notes.
Birth Certificates
Copies of Love and birthday cards we gave one another.
Joint Bank account with the History
82 pages of phone call records

All aside from everything they asked us.

It's a lot, but it is worth the effort. Trust me.
God bless you all.
Pictures of birthday parties and all our outings to the beach
Thanks dearie.
We are waiting patiently as hard as it is.
I'm very much happy for you. Go get the tickets and get ready for your man.

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
Ardnacieso said:
Im seriously praying that I hear from them before this month ends...for the victory is ahead of me and to everyone...I pray for everyone to receive a good news before ending of this month...it's WELL
I'm sure you will hear something in no time. You are March applicant as benestel and whitelion. I think that's what they are working on at the moment.

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
FitzTaj said:
Hi bro, I sent you a pm but no response. How long did it take you to change VO and through what means did you get it done. And we're you notified by ottawa or directly by avo when the change was effected.
Sorry mate, I don't check my secondary email daily.

I sent an email to Sydney VO on my current location and they reverted with an instruction to mail my travel document via vfs to AVO.

Ardnacieso

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
United states
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 march 2015
Doc's Request.
12 may 2015, another doc requested on november 12, 2015
AOR Received.
15 july 2015
File Transfer...
20 july 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30 january 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
22 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 February 2016
LANDED..........
very soon
Dear, Ardnacieso

On October 25, 2012, CIC introduced a period of conditional permanent residence for certain spouses and partners.

A sponsored spouse, common-law or conjugal partner whose application for permanent residence was received by CIC on or after October 25, 2012, is subject to a period of conditional permanent residence under section 72.1 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) if they were in a relationship with their sponsor for two years or less and had no children in common with their sponsor at the time of the sponsorship application.

Section 72.1 of the IRPR states the following:

72.1 (1) Subject to subsections (5) and (6), a permanent resident described in subsection (2) is subject to the condition that they must cohabit in a conjugal relationship with their sponsor for a continuous period of two years after the day on which they became a permanent resident.

CIC has determined that you are subject to the condition under section 72.1 of the IRPR and therefore you are required to live together in a conjugal relationship with your sponsor for a period of two years after the day on which you become a permanent resident.

EXCEPTIONS:

If one of the following situations applies to you, you may contact CIC to request an exception to the condition:

You do not have to stay in the relationship with your sponsor to keep your status in Canada if you are living in a situation of abuse or neglect. Where there is evidence of abuse or neglect by your sponsor or if your sponsor fails to provide protection from abuse or neglect by a person related to your sponsor (even if that person is not living in the household), you may request an exception from the condition.

If there is evidence that your sponsor has died during the period of your conditional permanent residence, you may request an exception to the condition.

Ardnacieso

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
United states
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 march 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
15 july 2015
File Transfer...
20 july 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30 january 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
22 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 February 2016
LANDED..........
very soon
This is what I received today..... Is this a good news??

whitelion

Star Member
Jan 7, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ application sent on June 08 and CSQ received on July 21st 2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-05-2015*** File changed to in process on October 09 2015
Med's Done....
16-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2016
LANDED..........
06-02-2016 by God 's blessings
olorvi said:
Hello All

I received this email this morning, they are asking to interview my spouse in Ghana, is this a positive thing? We had just sent them the messages they requested prior to them requesting an interview. Now I am a little worried, has anyone else had to go through an interview? Can you please give me any information about the interview and what they are looking for? Thanks!!!

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to continue processing your application, an interview is required. We are therefore pleased to advise that you are required to attend an interview at the location, date and time indicated below:

@Olorvi
As Lamour Benestel and everyone on the thread advise you make sure you have as much as possible évidence and proof in order to show them your mariage is genuine. In the name of the Lord you Will get your visa when leaving the AVO.
Make sure Also you go through all the paperwork such as all the forms you have submited .

Good luck to you.

Interview at the Canadian High Commission in Accra on the 3rd of February, 2016 at 09:00:00am

The purpose of this interview will be to determine your eligibility for admission to Canada.

Unless you have been specifically instructed otherwise by the officer, all of your accompanying family members over the age of 16 should be present for the interview as well. If any are absent, processing of your application may be delayed.

Please bring the following original documents with you to the interview:

Ø Your marriage certificate. (If not already provided)

Ø Photos of your marriage ceremony (if you are being sponsored by your spouse).

Ø Proof of communication (i.e. photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) between you and your sponsor,

and any other documentation you may have in respect to your relationship. (If not already provided)

Ø Historical identification such as school documents, birth certificates, previous passports etc. (Please bring originals of documents to interview if not already submitted)

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE RECEPTIONIST WHEN YOU CHECK IN FOR THE INTERVIEW. DOCUMENTS NOT SUBMITTED PRIOR TO THE INTERVIEW MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED AT THE INTERVIEW.

Please note that interviews scheduled in Accra will be conducted in English or French, the official language of your choice. If you require an interpreter in any other language or dialect, it is your responsibility to make the necessary arrangements for an interpreter, including payment for his/her services. If you arrive at interview and the officer is unable to conduct the interview due to your inability in English or French or the absence of an interpreter, the interview will not take place. Your application may then be assessed based on the information on file, and this may result in an unfavourable decision.

If your sponsor has not already done so they may wish to consider paying the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga at this time. Please note that if no visa is issued to you, this fee is fully refundable.

PLEASE NOTE

If you are unable to attend the interview on the date and time indicated, you must inform us well in advance, giving a substantive reason why you are unable to attend. If you fail to keep your appointment, and we have not otherwise heard from you WITHIN 60 DAYS of your scheduled interview, we will have to assume that you are no longer interested in going to Canada and your application will be refused.

Do not give up employment, dispose of household effects or make travel or any other arrangement until you have received notice that you are accepted for immigration. There is no assurance at this stage that a visa will be granted to you.

Please bring this letter, any relevant supporting documents, and your passport with you when you appear for your appointment.

A copy of this letter has been sent to your sponsor in Canada, if applicable.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Regards,

Immigration Section(RA)

whitelion

Star Member
Jan 7, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
16-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2016
LANDED..........
BENESTEL said:
Good Morning Fam'ly! We are all set! We sent the passport in Friday and they git it Monday, and they called us today to confirm that Boo can travel before Feb 20, 2016. We said yes. Visa was issued 10 minutes later and we got the confirmation email to pick up the passport. From the time they got the passport to the issuance of visa, it took 3 business days. It's our time and everyone on the thread is getting a miracle before January 31, 2016.

Olorvi, it is a good thing. Should everything be in order, the visa will be issued same day.
Just ensure you are well prepared and ready. If it wasn't a good thing, they would have just declined you. You will be fine! See you folks!
Benestel
Congratulation to you and to your husband. My wife 's passport Also Was received in Accra on Monday but we didnt get any News yet. Did they ask your husband to update IMM008 and Provide a new Police certificat?
I hope we get that visa very soon.

BENESTEL

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 20, 2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
MAY 21, 2015
File Transfer...
MAY 15, 2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
FEB 11, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED - STATUS CHANGED 09OCT2015 IN PROCESS
Passport Req..
JAN 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 21, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 5, 2016
You are approved. Passport request should come tomorrow or Monday! We got this Tuesday and Wednesday they asked for the passport. Congratulations Girlfriend!
Ardnacieso said:
Dear, Ardnacieso

On October 25, 2012, CIC introduced a period of conditional permanent residence for certain spouses and partners.

A sponsored spouse, common-law or conjugal partner whose application for permanent residence was received by CIC on or after October 25, 2012, is subject to a period of conditional permanent residence under section 72.1 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) if they were in a relationship with their sponsor for two years or less and had no children in common with their sponsor at the time of the sponsorship application.

Section 72.1 of the IRPR states the following:

72.1 (1) Subject to subsections (5) and (6), a permanent resident described in subsection (2) is subject to the condition that they must cohabit in a conjugal relationship with their sponsor for a continuous period of two years after the day on which they became a permanent resident.

CIC has determined that you are subject to the condition under section 72.1 of the IRPR and therefore you are required to live together in a conjugal relationship with your sponsor for a period of two years after the day on which you become a permanent resident.

EXCEPTIONS:

If one of the following situations applies to you, you may contact CIC to request an exception to the condition:

You do not have to stay in the relationship with your sponsor to keep your status in Canada if you are living in a situation of abuse or neglect. Where there is evidence of abuse or neglect by your sponsor or if your sponsor fails to provide protection from abuse or neglect by a person related to your sponsor (even if that person is not living in the household), you may request an exception from the condition.

If there is evidence that your sponsor has died during the period of your conditional permanent residence, you may request an exception to the condition.

BENESTEL

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 20, 2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
MAY 21, 2015
File Transfer...
MAY 15, 2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
FEB 11, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
JAN 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 21, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 5, 2016
Hey Brother! Good to hear from you. We had to send the IMM5669 & IMM0008. That's all.
whitelion said:
Benestel
Congratulation to you and to your husband. My wife 's passport Also Was received in Accra on Monday but we didnt get any News yet. Did they ask your husband to update IMM008 and Provide a new Police certificat?
I hope we get that visa very soon.

BENESTEL

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 20, 2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
MAY 21, 2015
File Transfer...
MAY 15, 2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
FEB 11, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
JAN 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 21, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 5, 2016
Thanks for being an inspiration and anchor to us all. I just can't wait to see your good news. I actually come get just so I can read that you are approved. It's coming!! Love you!
lamour said:
I'm sure you will hear something in no time. You are March applicant as benestel and whitelion. I think that's what they are working on at the moment.

whitelion

Star Member
Jan 7, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
16-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2016
LANDED..........
Quote from: Ardnacieso on January 21, 2016, 12:27:14 pm
Wow Benestel I'm so happy for you...glory be to th most high for bringing you this far...,I rejoiced with you...congratulations.....and enjoy the rest of your marriage...have fun

@ Lamour

I am keep praying you get good News very soon. The same Spirit that raise Jesus Christ from the grave is working on your behalf and Victory is

@Ardnacieso
Congratulation in advance. I am very Happy for you.

I pray for a rain of PPR on this thread this months and the coming months.
Stay blessed guys.

Ardnacieso

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
United states
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 march 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
15 july 2015
File Transfer...
20 july 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30 january 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
22 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 February 2016
LANDED..........
very soon
BENESTEL said:
You are approved. Passport request should come tomorrow or Monday! We got this Tuesday and Wednesday they asked for the passport. Congratulations Girlfriend!

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. I'm too excited and blessed.. Glory be to the almighty GOD....Thanks to you all for your prayers..