+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Whalla

Aug 23, 2023
Hi, applied for spousal sponsorship in April. The VO is Accra, Ghana. How long are applications taking at the moment .. from application stage to PPR ? I know we are not at that stage yet but I want to have a general idea of the processing time.
Has anyone received a PPR from Accra VO in recent weeks ?
Many thanks

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
Hi, applied for spousal sponsorship in April. The VO is Accra, Ghana. How long are applications taking at the moment .. from application stage to PPR ? I know we are not at that stage yet but I want to have a general idea of the processing time.
Has anyone received a PPR from Accra VO in recent weeks ?
Many thanks
Be prepared to wait for a while. Accra VO is known to be very slow. In the Accra VO whatsapp group we still have people from 2021 who are only now receiving PPR.

Reactions: Whalla

Whalla

Aug 23, 2023
Be prepared to wait for a while. Accra VO is known to be very slow. In the Accra VO whatsapp group we still have people from 2021 who are only now receiving PPR.
@Charbk - any further updates on your spouses permanent residence application ? We received a medical request this week so good to see some movement.

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
@Charbk - any further updates on your spouses permanent residence application ? We received a medical request this week so good to see some movement.
hello,
Nope no movement still haven’t received medical request! Imagine. But hubby landed here on trv 2 weeks ago. We thank God

Reactions: Whalla

Akosua.A

May 23, 2016
Hi all! Has anyone had issues with upfront medicals? Upfront medicals were done and medicals were requested shortly after. Medical info sheet uploaded via webform Abut a month later, we got a message in GC key saying medical results were not receicved. We know now that we should have uploaded the sheet in GC key but it's too late now. We've sent medical information sheet a few times via webform, since May. but the status hasn't been updated yet. Has anyone experienced this or know of anyone who this happened with?

Is there an email to contact Accra office?

We are looking for solutions please. Thank you.

Hi, did you get this resolved and how?

Mannie15

Oct 18, 2023
Please what could be wrong?
Principal Applicant is in Canada and already got e-COPR.
I submitted my passport to VFS Abuja on 18th August and it was transmitted to IRCC Accra on 25th of August. Since then no update and I have not received it back. I have sent several webforms and emails but still no update. Please what could be wrong?

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Please what could be wrong?
Principal Applicant is in Canada and already got e-COPR.
I submitted my passport to VFS Abuja on 18th August and it was transmitted to IRCC Accra on 25th of August. Since then no update and I have not received it back. I have sent several webforms and emails but still no update. Please what could be wrong?
The information you provided is vague.

Was there a PPR (Passport Request) or did you send your passport to Accra because the principal applicant got eCOPR?

It will be good to have a background to your enquiry.

Thank you.

Mannie15

Oct 18, 2023
The information you provided is vague.

Was there a PPR (Passport Request) or did you send your passport to Accra because the principal applicant got eCOPR?

It will be good to have a background to your enquiry.

Thank you.
Sorry about. Our PR Application was approved on August 15th and we received request for Passport mail. So we submitted our passports as requested on the 18th with the mail and other requested documents. The only update we received afterwards was from VFS that it has been transmitted to Accra Visa office on 25th August. Pls what do you think went wrong?

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Sorry about. Our PR Application was approved on August 15th and we received request for Passport mail. So we submitted our passports as requested on the 18th with the mail and other requested documents. The only update we received afterwards was from VFS that it has been transmitted to Accra Visa office on 25th August. Pls what do you think went wrong?
Let the Principal Applicant petition the visa office through his/her MP. IRCC will respond to the MP’s inquiry.

Whalla

Aug 23, 2023
Spousal Outland Sponsorship
Applied: 20th April 2023
AOR: 26th June 2023
SA: 27th June 2023
Biometrics request: 28th June 2023
Biometrics completed: 7th July 2023
Applied for TRV: 15th August 2023
Medical request: 21st Sept 2023
Medical completed: 6th October 2023
PPR request (for permanent residence): 3rd November 2023

VO office: Accra, Ghana

Total time from application to PPR: 6 months 14 days

No acknowledgement of TRV application received.
It seems like they are ignoring TRV applications and instead are processing Permanent Residence applications faster.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Any update on this your PPR issue?

Ochai234

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
I have a question about sponsoring other relative. I am sponsoring my sister from Nigeria and have done medicals. Do we need to specifically inform the medical office to send the result to the Ghana visa office? or do they do this automatically?

Thanks